Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Generaljake Mar 30 2009, 19:44 PM
QUOTE(Jarek @ Mar 30 2009, 19:06 PM) *

well that messed up my game... gotta reinstall everything now sad.gif

Game: Graphics

+
# 22NYPD Mar 30 2009, 20:23 PM
QUOTE(Rammschwein @ Mar 30 2009, 15:39 PM) *

Thanks relic for killing this game. Allied tanks are now invincible. Pak is doing less damage, shreks hit less and 2 m8 kill a P4. frusty.gif You guys are the worst game developers ever, I hope your company will get bankrupt, so you can t sell any other unbalanced shit. You are the real noobs!

hmm...

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 23Bellicosity Mar 30 2009, 20:24 PM
This is stupid, I posted this in the steam forums but I highly doubt steam checks their COH forum

ALL STEAM USERS BE AWARE

The patch is 100 mb

I have been downloading for two hours at 500 kbps and am at 13%

By my rough math I've downloaded about 500 mb and have about 3 GB to go

THE WHOLE COH FOLDER IS ONLY 3.45 GB

STEAM USERS HAVE TO REDOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE GAME

I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS WITH OTHER STEAM USERS

It makes no goddamn sense why steam would kill their servers and do it this way

This post has been edited by Bellicosity: Mar 30 2009, 20:24 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 24RustySAC Mar 30 2009, 20:27 PM
OH LAWD

+
# 25semitope Mar 30 2009, 20:41 PM
QUOTE(Bellicosity @ Mar 30 2009, 15:24 PM) *

This is stupid, I posted this in the steam forums but I highly doubt steam checks their COH forum

ALL STEAM USERS BE AWARE

The patch is 100 mb

I have been downloading for two hours at 500 kbps and am at 13%
By my rough math I've downloaded about 500 mb and have about 3 GB to go

THE WHOLE COH FOLDER IS ONLY 3.45 GB

STEAM USERS HAVE TO REDOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE GAME

I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS WITH OTHER STEAM USERS

It makes no goddamn sense why steam would kill their servers and do it this way

The fact that the coh folder is that small probably means some files were deleted to start downloading the patch. LAME! if i had known this rubbish would happen i would have tried applying the retail patch somehow someway to steam coh manually. then see what steam says. I never liked steam to begin with it was just more convenient to get coh that way.

I went ahead and deleted the game to have it redownload the whole thing now i am gettin server too busy error... me thinks they allocated certain bandwidth for coh because i cannot imagine that 1mill ppl are really downloading this thing. And worse for them they made it so u have to dl the whole game over.

definitely not using steam for any other games

This post has been edited by semitope: Mar 30 2009, 20:54 PM

+
# 26blackjaw Mar 30 2009, 20:43 PM
QUOTE(Generaljake @ Mar 30 2009, 14:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Jarek @ Mar 30 2009, 13:06 PM) *

Can anyone else confirm whether this messes up your install, or works perfectly fine?

Thanks.

+
# 27RustySAC Mar 30 2009, 20:56 PM
I always hated steam, but my hate has risen to a new level today.

+
# 28Pro2dmax Mar 30 2009, 20:59 PM
steam sucks. If you buy the disk you can even let your friends install it and they can atleast play offline

+
# 29Jarek Mar 30 2009, 21:40 PM
QUOTE(blackjaw @ Mar 30 2009, 22:43 PM) *

Can anyone else confirm whether this messes up your install, or works perfectly fine?

Thanks.

Shit, I forgot to mention it is for Polish version!
So don't download it, you could always notice that there are PO letters in the front not EN.
Sorry everyone.

Here is EN version from cohpatch.relic.com http://rapidshare.com/files/215511050/EN_2301_2400_Patch.exe

This post has been edited by Jarek: Mar 30 2009, 22:16 PM

+
# 30Imp@ct Mar 30 2009, 21:40 PM
So you've spent 6 months whining about not getting the patch.

Now it's here, some of you are whining about the contents of the patch (without first giving it a proper play (like 50+ games))

and then there are you lot that, after all this time, can't just let it download & wait one more day!

ffs, why can't someone for once say something like ''hey Relic, thanks for the FREE patch, can't wait to give it ago tomorrow once it's downloaded''.

You people act as though it's your god-given right to get a (very complicated) patch, totally free, delivered to your doorstep immediately, on demand!

Get over yourselves, appreciate what people are doing (for you, the gameplayer) & have some goddam patience!

Ah, I feel better now.....

Game: Hardware

+
# 31Generaljake Mar 30 2009, 22:38 PM
your missing the point impact

Game: Graphics

+
# 32NakSupport Mar 30 2009, 23:19 PM
It's about time wacko.gif

No issues at patching for me smile.gif

+
# 33th4nir Mar 31 2009, 00:03 AM
QUOTE(Imp@ct @ Mar 30 2009, 21:40 PM) *

So you've spent 6 months whining about not getting the patch.

Now it's here, some of you are whining about the contents of the patch (without first giving it a proper play (like 50+ games))

and then there are you lot that, after all this time, can't just let it download & wait one more day!

ffs, why can't someone for once say something like ''hey Relic, thanks for the FREE patch, can't wait to give it ago tomorrow once it's downloaded''.

You people act as though it's your god-given right to get a (very complicated) patch, totally free, delivered to your doorstep immediately, on demand!

Get over yourselves, appreciate what people are doing (for you, the gameplayer) & have some goddam patience!

Ah, I feel better now.....

wtf is that post supposed to mean?

u wanna tell us, that we, the paying customers, do NOT have a right on free patching and working servers? where are u living man. this 2009, the game industry is a fight. its not like relic is the only developer. there is a lot of competition.they have to keep pace so to not lose their customers to others. thanks for the free patch wtf ... we did pay for a WORKING PRODUCT. if you go buy a new car, and after 5 miles you get an engine damage, you dont go back to the friggin salesman and tell him "THANKS SO MUCH DUDE FOR A FREE REPLACEMENT, MAYBE I SHOULD BE PACIENT, GET HOME BY BUS AND TRY AGAIN TOMORROW?" you have to deliver quality. you have to deliver quality on regular basis, and if there are leaks, you have to merge them out. cost-free.

this is 21st century. companies have to keep pace to not lose their customers. this is economics.you cant just do what you want, not in this business, nor in any other. it is US who pay for developers work. its US who pay for a working product. if the one they sale is not functional, patching the product for free ist just like replacing the car with the engine damage. another reason why a developer company, willing to have success, has to patch their games is that the competition does update and develop their games as well.

''hey Relic, thanks for the FREE patch, can't wait to give it ago tomorrow once it's downloaded''

whats that man? that sentense sounds so nerdy.

i say "thx relic, for bringing me the best computergame since starcraft. i bleed money because i quit pokerz, but CoH kickz ass. now gimme that F*CKING PATCH BECAUSE I NEED TO PLAY INSTANTLY or i cant sleep tonight. HELL I NEED TO PLAY!!!!"

thats the stuff that would make me - if i was a developer - proud. people that cant wait to play my game. ppl that wake up every morning and check steam if the patch is already out (not in the nerdy way, just the tension ..). i would think: damn, i dont do my job just for mooneyz, i actually make other people happy with the work i do.i would try to deliver. deliver on regular basis. i dont know how many ppl they have still working on CoH, but i can imagine its not many

and why did you say play 50 games first? if i cant repair my AT guns, my rifles die like engies and MGs can pick their targets out of buildings, there is something totally wrong. i dont need to play 50 games. this is F*CKED up, seriously. how can that ever be? they took forever to make the patch, and such fundamental things fail? its looks like they didnt even PLAY IT THEMSELVES. their own game. if they played 5 games against each other, tried some stuff out, they should realize that MGs can select their targets. they should see that rifles instagib etc.

maybe i was just spoiled by blizzard in my long starcraft career, but that just seems so wrong to me. i LOVE CoH, its rly an awesome game, but the support seems incredibly bad thus far. blizzard did still patch starcraft in 2005, seven (!) or even 8 years after it came out. thats a big part why starcraft is SO legendary and why blizzard got the RTS throne.atm relic is my fave because coh is so awesome, but i cant believe how bugged the patch seems to be.

also, i hate steam and will never buy a game there again. it always makes trouble as it does now, and they treat 1€ = 1$ oO

sry for the long text. dont feel offended, but i just had to say this. would be interested in other thoughts

this post is not against relic. relic IS AWESOME, no doubt. they know how to make a great game, which is great fun and has superb gameplay. big props for that, but imo u cant just let "your people" down because they already bought the game. ofc every company wants to make as high a profit as possible and since relic is not an NPO that is also true for them. but supporting a game that might not sell supermuch now, will not bring instant profits, but it will create a firm image in the gaming community. trust!!this leads to implied/future sells of future games. if someone told me: hey, tomorrow blizzard will bring out a new RTS, nobody knows anything about it yet. i would go to the store and buy it, because i trust in blizz, i know they are going to deliver. the blind trust of the gamers is incredibly valueable imo

EDIT: i have to apologize. i did judge before i actually played myself ... stupid me . sad.gif i think the patch is well done. some very nice new sounds. (nebel <3 , mg, m8) still a lot of bugs which have to be fixed. still have to play more games .. need sleep first.actually was already in bed, but had a bad feeling for not having apologized.. xX. i cant wait to nerd out tomorrow biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by th4nir: Mar 31 2009, 05:27 AM

+
# 34Varanus Mar 31 2009, 01:46 AM
No 2.4 replays posted yet? Anyone? Come on, we've had a full day?

I want to watch others suffering, ah, I mean, testing out the new patch, no time to jump in tonight myself...

Edit: YAY!!!! The old music is back!!! Thank you relic! Oh thank you, for this alone, I am happy.

This post has been edited by Varanus: Mar 31 2009, 01:48 AM

+
# 35doomsniper Mar 31 2009, 03:45 AM
Would it not been smart to patch retail CoH first with the Relic Downloader and THEN patch the full patch?

I really do not see a possibility of a future patch.

+
# 36elitedean Mar 31 2009, 04:05 AM
Patch the game they said smile.gif

Now to wait 15 hours while steam re installs the entire game 0wn3d.gif

defiantly put me off from online delivery for at least another 5 years. post-13661-1143531603.gif

This post has been edited by elitedean: Mar 31 2009, 04:05 AM

+
# 37'tankedout' Mar 31 2009, 06:38 AM
im downloading the patch on steam and it has taken an hour to dl 16% at 160kb/s big patch.

+
# 38'tankedout' Mar 31 2009, 06:45 AM
id have to agree with shreks missing alot

+
# 39Kelevra123 Mar 31 2009, 08:13 AM
Yay, the patch is telling me I dont have a valid COH installation... well it can go f**k itself. When I insert the CD it says its ready to play, when I launch the game it detects I need to patch, when I view my Vista games I can see COH in the list... what more does it want from me.

Probably wants me to install into the default directory.

+
# 40Sonerix Mar 31 2009, 08:42 AM
why nobody talk abt the game over here? i made 3 automatch yesterday smile.gif 2 panzer elite, 1 usa. Panzer elite are cold blond killers.and nothing agaist them m8 ? at nades, 1 is enough upgraded 2 . or falls panzer faust 2 is enough.i did beat m8 yesterday with 2 panzerfaust.1 at nades with non-upgraded m8. rifle suck, ranger suck, airborn suck. after fire-up they totaly exhausted even not able click on trigger of their weapons:) and piece of cake for mp44's with at nades. what else ? mg ? ac still take them quickly with flank. what else? at guns. they cant hits infantry anymore so pg rush with def-vet finish them full.what else can be problem? m10 sherman? croc? i took full map control it means 2 panthers:). brits suck . mortar fall down very quickly it takes 10-15 sec to down. upgraded tommies suck they cant do anything agaist volks with mp40 with vet. BYE BYE BRITS.poor boys.im sure in brit wont take up first truck.in whole game since beginning.. waiting ur comments smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)