Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Eastern Front Patch 1.20 Looks Promising

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1The Red Comet Jul 31 2010, 20:39 PM
Many of the Company of Heroes community have heard of or played Eastern Front. Released last January, this mega-mod mixes up the traditional Company of Heroes meta-game by adding the Ostheer and Soviet Factions. The mod was certainly impressive with the addition of these interestingly designed and perhaps most importantly, new factions. However not all was happy; many players were to lament the general lack of balance with significant problems such as the Soviets being unable to retreat and the cheapness of some new super-units.

IPB Image

Since then the Eastern Front development team has taken considerable steps to balance their own game, culminating recently in the form of Patch 1.20. The changes are many, all of which can be found in the complete patch notes here. Most prominent however is the redesign of the Russian Faction, with all but NKVD Conscripts gaining the ability to retreat and the addition of an American-like veterancy system for all Russian units.

The Eastern Front development team hasn't just stopped there though. They have also made an exciting number of change to original vCoH units. A few of the most exciting changes:
  • Kangaroo nerfed
  • Stafing Run given a warning
  • Piospam nerfed
  • Defensive Bunker and Medic nerfs
  • M18s are now detectable
  • Snipers' moving accuracy modifier vs Snipers increased to 1.0 from 0.5
With no indication of a patch from Relic and such balance changes, Eastern Front 1.20 may easily become the most balanced rendition of classic Company of Heroes available. Of course only time will see if its hopeful balance promises lives through the scrutiny of the Eastern Front community. For those who are interested in downloading the Patch or Eastern Front itself, details and instructions can be found on the Eastern Front Official Website.

This post has been edited by The Red Comet: Jul 31 2010, 20:43 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Dutchx Aug 1 2010, 02:28 AM
No offence,

But ppl want stats, playing ranked matches and their rank/skill shown
to other players in the leaderbords.
Without that it will always fail.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 3Widowmaker01 Aug 1 2010, 08:57 AM
No offence taken.

If you prefer Relic's broken ranking system and playing a less balanced game, that's your choice. We're offering you the option though.

We're providing the best possible product given the 'COH engine limitations'

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 4Dutchx Aug 1 2010, 16:24 PM
btw is the ostheer faction there yet?
or still only an ally facion wacko.gif
and yes i am interested in the changes made looks promising only ranking system would be so much
better and better motivation for ppl to play it.
way better that u can retreat now otherwise i keep searching on that damn retreat button tongue.gif

This post has been edited by NotoriousDutchx: Aug 1 2010, 16:26 PM

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 5GreenApple Aug 1 2010, 17:11 PM
QUOTE(NotoriousDutchx @ Aug 1 2010, 17:24 PM) *

btw is the ostheer faction there yet?
or still only an ally facion wacko.gif
and yes i am interested in the changes made looks promising only ranking system would be so much
better and better motivation for ppl to play it.
way better that u can retreat now otherwise i keep searching on that damn retreat button tongue.gif

The Ostheer will include in Patch 2.0, this is 1.2 wink.gif

By the way, I played/started a 1vs1 automatch-ranked game as CW against WM in the EF Mod yesterday. Only a test I guess, nvm. The user dropped the game (no drophack) and I got the win. And the win is showed in my ranked-statistics AND also if I start vCoH wink.gif (by the way I rose up to a higher level). So the system works, but both have to own and start the EF mod.

+
# 6skinneris Aug 1 2010, 18:35 PM
Ranking system is over-rated anyway, its kinda like playing Counter-Strike and watching ure stats and taking it seriously...You can be #1 on the server with omg good K:D ratio, but it still means nothing...You are only good if you perform well in a competitive team in a good tournament in equal conditions. Same here, you can be #1 in the leaderboard, but 12azor or some other inactive pro will still beat you in a tournament.

This post has been edited by skinneris: Aug 1 2010, 18:37 PM

+
# 7GreenApple Aug 1 2010, 22:35 PM
Indeed, just an information wink.gif

+
# 8AUSOwnage Aug 2 2010, 21:43 PM
Do mortar's still fire howitzer shells?

Changes look great by the way.

+
# 9GreenApple Aug 3 2010, 03:02 AM
Normal Mortar, No.
Upgraded Mortar, Yes.

This post has been edited by GreenApplePear: Aug 3 2010, 05:20 AM

+
# 10ResistanceIsFutile Aug 3 2010, 12:52 PM
As i see many people are still playing coh even in a challenging way and that there are some moders who can even set up some nice coh:tov balance changes isnt it possible for them to contact relic/thq and ask if they could possibly bring a balance patch for the current coh 2.600 in place of relic?

Because it seems relic/thq has completely abandoned the good old coh.

This post has been edited by ResistanceIsFutile: Aug 3 2010, 12:54 PM

+
# 11Widowmaker01 Aug 3 2010, 21:35 PM
Patching and supporting COH would be idiotic when they're trying to shift people to play their MOD COH:O. It would be like sabotaging their own project.

It is truly remarkable community mentality how people are willing to abandon COH and play a MOD made by relic, rather than play a community mod that gives them what they've been asking for.

What is it you think a Relic Mod can offer more than a community made one?

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 12GreenApple Aug 3 2010, 22:54 PM
I don't believe that the community think a Relic Mod can offer more than a community made one.
They just would like to play the Mod in automatches and that's only possible with Relic's help. The EF-Developers can not patch Eastern Front on Relic's Server.
Hard to take.

This post has been edited by GreenApplePear: Aug 4 2010, 09:06 AM

+
# 13Rizz Aug 6 2010, 09:41 AM
QUOTE(NotoriousDutchx @ Aug 1 2010, 04:28 AM) *

No offence,

But ppl want stats, playing ranked matches and their rank/skill shown
to other players in the leaderbords.
Without that it will always fail.

It does, if you play Ranked with any faction, any wins or losses show up on the leaderboard (even Soviets!).

+
# 14DoM™ Aug 20 2010, 20:28 PM
QUOTE(Widowmaker01 @ Aug 3 2010, 22:35 PM) *

Patching and supporting COH would be idiotic when they're trying to shift people to play their MOD COH:O. It would be like sabotaging their own project.

It is truly remarkable community mentality how people are willing to abandon COH and play a MOD made by relic, rather than play a community mod that gives them what they've been asking for.

What is it you think a Relic Mod can offer more than a community made one?

In my opinion Relic will blew on this CoHO project financially, simply because if you want to get more heroes and upgrades and all that crap, you have to pay for it and Im not seeing guy like me or you spending money on it. CoHO looks cool in one way, but it will mess up the game regarding to the WWII.
I can play it of course, but I prefer the EF mod since it has been released and now it looks even better coz you guys gave your total devotion and time to us and this game, which Relic never did.

With all this said I think that if they had released an official EF expansion including all the re-patching process they would get much more profit in shorter time and saved loads of time and the software programmers wouldnt get their brains burnt with all the CoHO process.

Ps: Just played after a long time off the EF mod and it looks fantastic.
Good work Widowmaker and all the EF staff.

All the best.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)