Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

#42 [1.2] Fujix Vs Nystrom GOLD!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Vitensby Oct 19 2006, 15:31 PM
Hey Guys,

Your friend Vitensby, back with another great shoutcast!

This time it features two top players, battling it out on Angoville.

Fujix decides to go Blitzkrieg Doctrine in this game, while Nystrom uses my beloved Infantry Company.

The game is back and forth the entire time, with Fujix having trouble early on the right, and then wisely switches to harass and decap the left of the map from Nystrom. After some skirmishes map control swings wildly back and forth about a dozen times. This is a very close game on Victory Points, as Fujix gets a big lead bringing Nystrom all the way to under 100, but will this be enough to secure a VP win for him or will Nystrom end the game in an annihilation victory? There are plenty of Off Map Combat Groups and Manpower Blitzed Double Tiger combos to keep you interested all the way through.

The game is just over 50 minutes. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this spectacular match between two top players!

I have also included a game I played on my smurf account, ExpertComputer, against Th15 last night. It is also on Angoville, and shows in my opinion why bunkers may need some kind of fix in general. Especially when combined with the Defensive ability to reinforce at bunkers and Registered Artillery. I talk about this more in the shoutcast so check that out before you watch my game.

As Always Enjoy! Leave your comments on the game, as well as my shoutcast, and your thoughts on the bunker strategies on Angoville!

Vitensby

Heres the Link to the Origional Topic: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=149622

I title this screenshot from one of my games, simply: Nice Propaganda!

This post has been edited by Vitensby: Dec 28 2006, 05:54 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File FujixVsNystrom.mp3
Size: 6.75mb
Number of downloads: 762

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Imperial Wolf Oct 19 2006, 15:46 PM
Gonna watch tonight the minute i get off work.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Ahenian Oct 19 2006, 17:52 PM
Whats with all the off-topic sh*t? ohmy.gif Aha, I know... You're afraid your audio is so bad that you need to cover it up with some random stuff! Bingo!
j/k
Anyhow, checking this out. Better be good.

EDIT: Very entertaining game, but shouldn't be valued for the player skill as it was lacking. See my post for the replay for more detail. And why do I hear "Ahenian" instead of "Fujix" 2 times in this game Vitensby u nabbinn! ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Ahenian: Oct 19 2006, 19:27 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 4Mexico Oct 19 2006, 18:00 PM
.ZIP .RAR

Clan: Reborn

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5tybalt33 Oct 19 2006, 18:25 PM
Holy cow! This is a great game! Im going to have another look, now with an audio. :-)

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 6Sternhelden Oct 19 2006, 18:34 PM
I don't think Sherman smoke needs a nerf or fix (but yea, fix it so V2 can hit it).

Sherman takes longer to build and cost more, they are statistically inferior, and require more microing than Axis tanks. Smoke costs 50 ammunition for each pop which is not cheap at all, considering that Allies rely on ammunition against Axis tanks (Sticky bomb). Moreover, Axis tanks can actually take advantage of the smoke by running into it, or on the contrary, lure the Sherman out of the smoke, or even run away relatively safely when the Sherman would probably stay in the smoke screen.

I mean, if I had two tigers against 3 shermans constantly popping smokes, I'd back up for a little then engage again until he runs out of ammunition.

I don't know if I missed anything but if the smoke need a nerf, I think raising its cost will do, make it 65-70 ammunition or something. If there's any problem it's not in the smoke itself, it ought to be the cost or recast timer.

+
# 7Imperial Wolf Oct 19 2006, 20:15 PM
Smoke should be nerfed to some extent. Maybe up the cost or make it last less time.

Okay so you dont like the bunker on the west side guarding fuel and the VP. You know what i dont like? that building that guards the first SP (axis side) on the eastern side. The allies take that and garrison it and its no fuel for me. I'd be willing to see a nerf for the bunker when that building is removed. think thats a fair trade.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 8DavieGuy Oct 19 2006, 21:05 PM
Thanks Vitensby much appreciated.

On the bunkers did you watch the promethius replay where the bunker/MG42 combo covered the SP right outside the allied base which connects the west side of the map. I am pretty new at this and fell foul of just such a bunker a few times early on right after building a support yard and OP on the west fuel to get fast armour... now with no fuel income(MG outside base in east building as well pain central) pretty much GG from there post-13661-1143531603.gif

I got a mortar but AC arrived from the Axis before the bunker died.

Anyway I watched promethius take out a bunker right there at the hay bales covering that sp with airborne and rifle squads... don't get why why he didnt throw a parcel over the hedge first u0udiablo.gif

But the number of guys who died assaulting that thing wi recoiless and a flamer was crazy. its in one of his replays where posted four together not 100% which one if anyone needs any proof that assaulting bunkers without mortars, tank's or AT's they should take a look... or just try it biggrin.gif

It went down though but very costly. prevention is deffo better than cure here... but it means guarding areas where they might build a bunker frusty.gif

Of course teh allied counter to these things is the satchel which is fine as long as you happen to have 2 command points and 75 munitions and don't mind playing airborne dry.gif

Sternhelden that building is fixed it can't be built on top of a VP and i don't see where it comes into whether or not bunkers are too strong for the price.. i mean 150MP!!! Its too cheap and they build too damned quick.. they should cost more and take longer to build IMO. Simply put if you don't camp an engy at the haybales to watch a bunker can materialise there out of nowhere in less time than it takes to cap the fuel point! stick an MG in and its axis territory. Allied MG nest sucks bigtime compared to one of these and costs more/takes longer to build.

This post has been edited by DavieGuy: Oct 19 2006, 21:09 PM

+
# 9DavieGuy Oct 19 2006, 21:12 PM
And sorry stern:o it's wolf who hates the building 0wn3d.gif

+
# 10Salkin Oct 19 2006, 21:27 PM
Excellent game ! Very entertaining, it could have gone either way.

//Salkin aka NikoJ

+
# 11icarus2oo2 Oct 20 2006, 00:24 AM
nice ac and gg

+
# 12SKiNG Oct 20 2006, 22:50 PM
really good match

great cast again

+
# 13y2korny Oct 21 2006, 02:33 AM
Good replay. Vitensby's replay vs. th15 was a bit one sided though. I kept thinking "why doesnt he build a triage center in front of HQ?" Auto healing retreated troops would have helped the attrition of infantry alot I think. Alot of top allied players just ignore the triage center it seems. I guess that's fine if you are ramping up to tanks quick but if you are ranger spamming like Vit did in that replay it would have helped I think.

+
# 14Sternhelden Oct 22 2006, 09:40 AM
QUOTE(y2korny @ Oct 21 2006, 10:33 AM) *

Good replay. Vitensby's replay vs. th15 was a bit one sided though. I kept thinking "why doesnt he build a triage center in front of HQ?" Auto healing retreated troops would have helped the attrition of infantry alot I think. Alot of top allied players just ignore the triage center it seems. I guess that's fine if you are ramping up to tanks quick but if you are ranger spamming like Vit did in that replay it would have helped I think.

It's all about fuel smilie_naughty.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)