Dawn of War 2

Hero Styles - Current Meta

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21texaneous Feb 25 2012, 17:36 PM
How can anyone think that the chaos sorc is UP? He has hard matchups just like any other hero, but to call the sorc UP is uneducated at best wink.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 22geg_ma3gau Feb 25 2012, 17:42 PM
that cant-cast-double-doombolt bug. is it getting fixed anytime? sorc doombolt is ragetastic

+
# 23Riserise Feb 25 2012, 18:28 PM
QUOTE(texaneous @ Feb 25 2012, 20:36 PM) *

How can anyone think that the chaos sorc is UP? He has hard matchups just like any other hero, but to call the sorc UP is uneducated at best wink.gif

Some of his stuff was over nerfed in the past (Warpfire for example) but he's definitely not weak. Just requires a lot of finesse to play him properly.
1383 1364 1398

+
# 24velvetdawn Feb 25 2012, 19:47 PM
QUOTE(Acra @ Feb 24 2012, 05:45 AM) *

army wise it's the best balanced race next to eldar. nearly every unit is competitive and nearly every upgrade can be used.

Again, I don't think we've been seeing enough of Nids to be able to judge where they stand and all their heroes have and always had really good, if not too good, army synergy. From what I have been seeing lately I still think they're far from being balanced - not DoW1 Necron level - but not far from it in some MU's it seems.

QUOTE(Don Qichoka @ Feb 24 2012, 12:30 PM) *

Current meta is heavily biased towards to big tanky heroes for a number of reasons-

1. The game has slipped back to favoring big ranged blobs. Since tanky commanders force their opponents to focus fire on them their ranged blob is able to take advantage of this.

2. Thanks to the rise of the immortal stealth detector the stealthy heroes are much less effective; although in the case of the LA perversely the new mechanic makes it much easier for it to wipe squads thanks to being able to flesh hook the squad leader into a nid blob.

3. The Tanky heroes are able to negate the main form of control (suppression) by and large. The FC is suppressable but in T2 suppression is irrelevant thanks to his teleport pack.

4. Especially the HT and WB but FC to a lesser extent are able to close into melee and cause huge disruption thanks to their charge / angry bitz / Armour of Alacrity + battle cry

5. Tanky heroes tend to require less micro in order to be effective. Less micro on your hero means you are more free to micro with your other units.

I actually agree with you in regards to the meta being too favored for offensive/tanky/melee heroes especially with ranged blobs. In regards to the OP I'd rate them as:

WB > CL >= HT > FC

I know many may disagree, but FC, even with recently buffed wargear that some consider OTT, still doesn't appear to have as many favored MU's as the other three in this class.

QUOTE(texaneous @ Feb 25 2012, 12:36 PM) *

I know you consider FC a difficult MU for CS, but who else?

+
# 25texaneous Feb 28 2012, 05:52 AM
QUOTE(velvetdawn @ Feb 25 2012, 13:47 PM) *

Again, I don't think we've been seeing enough of Nids to be able to judge where they stand and all their heroes have and always had really good, if not too good, army synergy. From what I have been seeing lately I still think they're far from being balanced - not DoW1 Necron level - but not far from it in some MU's it seems.
I actually agree with you in regards to the meta being too favored for offensive/tanky/melee heroes especially with ranged blobs. In regards to the OP I'd rate them as:

WB > CL >= HT > FC

I know many may disagree, but FC, even with recently buffed wargear that some consider OTT, still doesn't appear to have as many favored MU's as the other three in this class.
I know you consider FC a difficult MU for CS, but who else?

Well basically, I have a triangle theory about the effectiveness of heroes. Basically if you allow for mass generalizations, you can group the heroes (and their effectiveness) into three groups: Offensive/tank heroes, who are very good against toolbox/tricky heroes, who are in turn very good against support/back line heroes, who are in turn, very good against offensive/tank heroes.

Offensive/Tank = HT, WB, CL, FC, LA

Toolbox/Tricky = KN, WSE, LC, Sorc, FS

Support/Back line = LG, MB, TM, APO, PC, RA

***Floater heroes:
-Inq is somewhere between toolbox and support. If you put her in either category, the model doesn't really make sense. She is an enigma in this sense where she really doesn't have bad matchups.

-The warlock is somewhere between Offensive/tank and support/back line. Hell, you could even put him in toolbox and it would make sense. Fact is though, that the warlock has very few bad matchups and thus it wouldn't make sense to put him in any one category.

***Exceptions:
-The farseer could be placed in all three categories. I chose to place her in the toolbox category because typically, I find I have most trouble against tanky heroes with her because of their ability to push early on when she is not very strong, and thus the model still works.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)