Dawn of War 2

No apo

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 101Soom Mar 6 2012, 10:21 AM
QUOTE(Hazard1024 @ Mar 6 2012, 10:12 AM) *

Meh, I used to be an Apo player, clocked about 500 hours of SM in Vanilla mostly as Apo. Apo was pretty much getting nerfed all the way from the first moments of DoW2. Bit by bit: hp, damage AoD duration, abilities and all the while the newbs where screaming to ALSO nerf the heal. At one point pretty much the only thing keeping Apo viable was the heal. I cant even count the times it was said that if you nerf the heal just rework the hero outright as he is frustrating and unexciting to play as or against.

But Relic went their usual way of double nerf and here we are.

Most heroes have been nerfed. Just remember old Warlock, old FC, old TM! or RA (reviving heroes in stealthmode, instatunnels etc...) Knob... pretty much all heroes are weaker than 20 patches ago. The Apo is no exception. And he was too strong, ridiculous heal, insane cheap larra, awesome t1 equipment, passive heal...
Right now, the apo is finally quite in balance to the other SM heroes. I would even say, SM has pretty much the best intra-balance right now. Most heroes are fine in most matchups without any dominance.
Sadly, this is not the case for the rest of the game sad.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 102Hazard1024 Mar 6 2012, 11:24 AM
All heroes got weaker, but some more then others.

I'd say:

FC > TM > Apo.

FC is OP with the lolhammer, TM is balanced just lacks some dps to fight of tanky commanders, but otherwise OK, Apo just fails to contribute to many matchups.

+
# 103Soom Mar 6 2012, 15:04 PM
QUOTE(Hazard1024 @ Mar 6 2012, 11:24 AM) *

All heroes got weaker, but some more then others.

I'd say:

FC > TM > Apo.

FC is OP with the lolhammer, TM is balanced just lacks some dps to fight of tanky commanders, but otherwise OK, Apo just fails to contribute to many matchups.

which one?

Apo still has some mu's where he is much more viable, for example against tyranids and IG. As FC you have pretty much no chance when you face an Inqi or Tyra.
Meanwhile Apo is playalbe in all matchups, in right hands, he has no weak spot.

+
# 104tempertester Mar 6 2012, 18:55 PM
QUOTE(Soom @ Mar 6 2012, 15:04 PM) *

which one?

Apo still has some mu's where he is much more viable, for example against tyranids and IG. As FC you have pretty much no chance when you face an Inqi or Tyra.
Meanwhile Apo is playalbe in all matchups, in right hands, he has no weak spot.

NO weakspot !? Wut!?
1427 1180 ...

+
# 105Soom Mar 6 2012, 19:10 PM
QUOTE(tempertester @ Mar 6 2012, 18:55 PM) *

NO weakspot !? Wut!?

Wut is a weak spot?

+
# 106Nuclear Arbitor Mar 7 2012, 04:03 AM
seriously? it's a place where something it not as strong as the rest. like cutting a whole in a tank and then welding a plate on top. it wasn't the correct response to what you said but still...

+
# 107Ekspo Mar 7 2012, 04:55 AM
still not sure why noone plays mek, such a good commander
1665 1423 1338

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)