Heroes of Newerth

Accursed Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 2112azor Mar 6 2010, 15:15 PM
Basic regen/stat items are always superior with initial gold spend. No hero needs stat items but they certainly don't hurt and consumables are always helpful as if you don't need them you can give them to your lane partner.

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 22Schizofriendlia Mar 6 2010, 19:07 PM
Basic Regen/Stat items are always superior for more aggressive (or just better) players. But for players who tend to average 1 CK per wave (or less) because they are mostly sitting back afraid of harassment and letting the ranged carry in their lane get all the farm, the Trinket start works very well. In this situation Accursed's presence is very small, and the ranged hero will be taking more harassment (which is very common in pub games) the Trinket's regen then goes through Cauterize to be twice as effective. Cauterize then becomes a fairly regularly used ability with Fire Shield only being used to counter a gank attempt.

This is a very easy and effective pub strategy. It works. The fact that other things work better (or are far superior) in more competitive (aggressive) play doesn't take away from the fact that this way does work.

The early play-style does differ between the aforementioned Trinket/Cauterize babysitter, and the Ring of the Teacher method however. With Ring of the Teacher Accursed would be harassing a melee hero by fire shielding creeps, or aiding an overly aggressive lanemate with lots of Fire Shields. I personally find that terrible pub play even, as it pushes the lane or forces Accursed to take most of the farm in the lane as his ally chases the enemies back to their tower. It does sometimes work well when paired with Arachna, or other heroes with strong early game snares who can harass very well while close enough to the farm to take last hits.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2312azor Mar 6 2010, 19:11 PM
Telling people to play badly because they play badly isn't terribly productive.

+
# 24Sylvantes Mar 6 2010, 22:07 PM
It's a decent guide. I'd almost always max cauterize before flame shield, but pick flameshield first, cauterize scales much better. The best part of flame shield IMO is the dispel =]

+
# 25Oreb Mar 6 2010, 23:52 PM
Just adding to the discussion that Razor is disagreeing with what simba stated to write when I have indeed seen Razor praise Simba for his skill in previous posts.

And more then likely, in a years time there will be 3 accursed guides. Someone might decide to make an Accursed Carry guide just because they can, someone might make a proper Accursed guide for team games. This guide is just for a pub game, and it works well.

Game: Hardware

+
# 2612azor Mar 7 2010, 00:18 AM
Simba is a good player but go find him and ask him if he honestly thinks that the ring/trinket is a good idea with starting gold?

I can make a guide for pubs - join a game on a smurf which has APEM and 1200+ in the title - pick carry - farm - gg. Whats the point of making a guide if not to actually GUIDE people to some extent? =/.

+
# 27Oreb Mar 7 2010, 00:24 AM
To quote simba:
I usually start with:
Courier
Ring of protection
1xRunes of Blight
1x Health Potion

Then buy the 50% mana ragen thing from the side shop to make the RotT because the +3 armor to you and your ally is beyond useful in the early stages of the game, along with the mana regen.

Everything else looks good.

Note the 'I usually start with'.

Game: Hardware

+
# 2812azor Mar 7 2010, 00:28 AM
Well then he is wrong. Good players can be wrong.

+
# 29kustodian Mar 7 2010, 02:49 AM
QUOTE(12azor @ Mar 7 2010, 01:28 AM) *

Well then he is wrong. Good players can be wrong.

Simba is never wrong laugh.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 3012azor Mar 7 2010, 02:50 AM
QUOTE(kustodian @ Mar 7 2010, 03:49 AM) *

12azor is never wrong laugh.gif

Fixed.

+
# 31kustodian Mar 7 2010, 02:54 AM
QUOTE(12azor @ Mar 7 2010, 03:50 AM) *

Fixed.

Don't make me start fixing happy.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 32X-Flame Jul 5 2010, 12:51 PM
Updated to recent patch. It still mentioned the old Greaves, whoops!

Nothing major though, just a bit of brushing up.

Game: None

+
# 33idriveaHoNda Jul 6 2010, 02:32 AM
My apologize if it has already been suggested, but may you add the rank mana cost, damage, cooldown and what not?

I think it's an essential part of a guide.

+
# 34X-Flame Jul 6 2010, 08:45 AM
I originally did not plan that, as all the data is available in the Hero Overview, but I shall add it to the guide then smile.gif

+
# 35X-Flame Oct 29 2010, 20:18 PM
Need to brush this thing up. Will be doing the following things:
1: Add Tablet to the 'optional' tab, and Kuldra to the 'luxury' tab
2: remove Ring of Sorcery because it's god-awful
3: add something on tri-lanes that made him useless
4: need to look for info on his use of a Blood Chalice

Edit: all done! This thing is now up-to-date again.

This post has been edited by X-Flame: Oct 30 2010, 10:35 AM

+
# 36MiniDonbeE Oct 31 2010, 08:17 AM
I dissagree with this guide... my 22-0 disagrees on him being a carry biggrin.gif it was insane it was me vs tb.. i got shield and sear... i could tow dive the pimp and he couldnt run biggrin.gif
Accursed is a good support... however he can carry biggrin.gif my 22-0 says sooo ohmy.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)