new to ZOCOM

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1TheReDKinG Aug 29 2011, 15:34 PM
hi all
was just wondering
i am new to ZOCOM
so i need some help vs Black hand
i kind of always lose to black hand who do
scorps and misslies spams and some times beam cannons can any one help me with that ? plz

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2AngryKhali Aug 30 2011, 16:03 PM
QUOTE(TheReDKinG @ Aug 29 2011, 15:34 PM) *

hi all
was just wondering
i am new to ZOCOM
so i need some help vs Black hand
i kind of always lose to black hand who do
scorps and misslies spams and some times beam cannons can any one help me with that ? plz

Don't spam predators since Zocom has bug that means when enemy destroys zocom predator he will get massive amount of xp. It's bug and cannot be helped.
Many Zocom players tech really fast to get MARV and firehawks and such. You can manage in early- and mid game by doing rocket apc instead of predators or just tech tier2 to get hammerheads and z-shatterers. Orcas are also very good but demand more micro in order to be deadly.

BTW: They can be VERY deadly with good micro.

Black Hand usually tries to harass. Scout early and count harvesters. That way you can pretty much estimate how many bikes are moving if any. Decision is map where its kind of popular for BH to take down spikes with early flame tank and Black Hand unit. Use couple of pitbulls to stop flame tank (just don't get too close) and/or if you have time try to stop black hand unit getting in the bunker near your spike.

APC + Rocket is good have early vs black hand. They can counter both flame opening in deci and basically any viable early rush with bikes. If enemy goes for a risky opening you can harass spikes and harvesters if you feel confident since BH needs scorpions to counter them.

Infantry with scorpions. First of all see how well balanced it is. Knowing the force throughout is the best way to start countering it. Counter this while being in tier2. AP ammo is the first thing you need. Then apc. Depending on scorpion/infantry ratio put riflemen of rockets in. You can try to mix couple hammerheads with same principle. They are good kiting the units and when infantry is all dead you can take down scorpions that were left alone. Also fight near base and you have best chance to succeed. Watchtowers behind buildings is very good since they shoot through them and will make a lot of damage. Remember that shatterers work well against both infantry and tanks. From rocketman squad shatterer will only leave black hand member alive if its upgraded. Keep in mind that AP ammo is a MUST!

BTW: Use apc mine near watchtowers. Infantry needs to get close and personal to a building in order to shoot it so apc mines in front of the watchtowers can be very effective.

Beam cannons are tough is they are played well. Since they are usually behind enemy force you want to flank them with hammerheads. Also make good use of Zocom's very powerful orca strike. Beams don't have to move much since they have incredible range so well placed orca strike can really make them suffer. Beams are strongest versus buildings so don't count on sonic emitters since they are costly and will go down in no time.

Clan: PimpTaxi

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3JcGNeon Aug 30 2011, 22:34 PM
Mass rocket ap apcs until t3. Then spam ceramic zone hammerheads. laugh.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4AngryKhali Aug 30 2011, 23:09 PM
QUOTE(AirTaxiOwnz @ Aug 30 2011, 22:34 PM) *

I love how you change my HUGE explanation into a couple of sentences and end up giving better advice wub.gif laugh.gif

Clan: PimpTaxi

+
# 5TheReDKinG Aug 31 2011, 05:26 AM
QUOTE(AngryKhali @ Aug 30 2011, 16:03 PM) *

Don't spam predators since Zocom has bug that means when enemy destroys zocom predator he will get massive amount ........ms are strongest versus buildings so don't count on sonic emitters since they are costly and will go down in no time.

very very very amazing tips
ill go test it hope i get an A black hand player so i can knock him out tongue.gif
so if he goes flame tanks opening i get pitpulls
if he dose than scrops mass plus those missiles squads i go sonics
once he get the beams to counter them i use orca strike and hammer heads to counter them biggrin.gif
and then i am an OP zocom player vs BH tongue.gif

+
# 6TheReDKinG Aug 31 2011, 05:40 AM
QUOTE(AirTaxiOwnz @ Aug 30 2011, 22:34 PM) *

thank u
ill try that looks pretty odd but what do i know tongue.gif ill try it biggrin.gif

+
# 7stoochie Aug 31 2011, 12:06 PM
try harassing and defending against bikes with pitbulls, as apcs are too slow and the bikes can just outmaneuver them and hit your harvs. but on maps like tournament decision where its easy to defend your field, apcs are ok.

also, building a pred or so is ok as long as you intend to keep it alive.

after the pitbulls, switch to ap apcs with rockets or shatterers, or a mix of all three (but this all depends on the composition of your opponents army).

then, you can push with your t2 force, expand or tech, but this all depends on the situation.

also, hammerheads throughout nearly any point of the game are good, unless if the enemy has too much anti air. but if you do manage to catch the enemy by surprise with hh's in their base, first take out anti air units then their power and t2 so they cant build anti air, then destroy their war factory and barracks so you have free reign over your enemy.

and remember:
scout scout scout scout scout scout!
always know whats coming for you so you can be prepared and counter it.

+
# 8stoochie Aug 31 2011, 12:13 PM
QUOTE(AirTaxiOwnz @ Aug 31 2011, 08:34 AM) *

you dont want to spam zone hammerheads if they have tibcores bikes or mantises. a bike costs $600 and a zonehead costs $2800. bikes easy dodge sonic weapons, but can take down hammerheads within a few shots if they have tibcore. its better to go for rocketheads or just get a zoneraider marv imo

+
# 9JcGNeon Aug 31 2011, 23:56 PM
QUOTE(stoochie @ Aug 31 2011, 08:13 AM) *

you dont want to spam zone hammerheads if they have tibcores bikes or mantises. a bike costs $600 and a zonehead costs $2800. bikes easy dodge sonic weapons, but can take down hammerheads within a few shots if they have tibcore. its better to go for rocketheads or just get a zoneraider marv imo

Kite with the hammerheads, problem solved. tongue.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 10stoochie Sep 1 2011, 02:14 AM
QUOTE(AirTaxiOwnz @ Sep 1 2011, 09:56 AM) *

Kite with the hammerheads, problem solved. tongue.gif

tibcore bikes would win out with the correct micro, id say. its the zone raiders weapons that out-ranges stuff (and only with the scanner pack upgrade), not the hammerheads weapons; and its next to impossible for zone raiders to hit moving bikes.

kiting with zoneheads (scanner pack upgrade is a must if you want to do this) only really works against scrin as they can outrange and out maneuver any scrin unit. nod can counter with bikes/venoms, gdi can counter with firehawks/pitbulls/slingshots. the only way scrin can really protect themselves against scanner pack zoneheads is by base crawling with their aa turrets.

This post has been edited by stoochie: Sep 1 2011, 02:19 AM

+
# 11cnc315d34d Sep 1 2011, 02:25 AM
i think hhs just rape bikes either way by kiting

just keep them moving away from the bikes when you see them, and the bikes get owned by the hh guns, while the bike missiles will actually just explode before hitting the hh (this kinda happens only with bike missiles because they have limited anti-air range) and not do any dmg.

only if you sit in one place do the bikes win (since they 2shot ceramic hhs with tibcore)

stanks on the other hand i think are ideal counters for hhs in all situations

+
# 12stoochie Sep 1 2011, 06:37 AM
perhaps we need to test this. i wont be able to play online for a while because im going away this weekend, but ill post here when im back and whoevers willing can help me test smile.gif

+
# 13TheReDKinG Sep 4 2011, 04:33 AM
thanks every one for this tons of new ideas that i never thought i would rly use tongue.gif
that apc with roackets worked like hell on this BH tongue.gif
now testing the rest of the stuff biggrin.gif

+
# 14stoochie Sep 6 2011, 07:27 AM
glad we could help smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)