The Dark Lady Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1X-Flame May 24 2011, 18:00 PM
Heroes of Newerth The Dark Lady Guide, by ToRtUr3

This post has been edited by X-Flame: May 24 2011, 18:06 PM

Game: None

+
# 2MiniDonbeE May 24 2011, 23:11 PM
...................................................................................................................................................... wait... no riftshards ?!?!? wtffffff....... items like the following. Steams first, runed second, shrunken third, whisp fourth, rifts fifth, daemonic sixth.. upgrade whisp into satanic gggg baby baby... also rebuy shrunkens when u got no buyback smile.gif...... or get posthaste....

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3Oreb May 25 2011, 08:16 AM
The lack of rift's is a bit weird, also, it still mentions 110% base damage increase in the skill outline.

Game: Hardware

+
# 4Val` May 25 2011, 08:38 AM
Steam-> Runed--> SH--> Rifts-->WH---> luxury

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 5ToRtUr3 May 25 2011, 12:57 PM
Riftshards is an overrated item on The Dark Lady. It doesn't give her survivability or a extra function that keeps enemies away from you. Why not directly turn her into a glass cannon?

No go for Riftshards even though it transfers well to her Charging Strikes and Dark Blades... but so do other better items.

+
# 6X-Flame May 25 2011, 13:10 PM
QUOTE(Oreb @ May 25 2011, 10:16 AM) *

it still mentions 110% base damage increase in the skill outline.

Good call. Changed (as well as a ninja fix on the mana cost for Tainted Soul).

Game: None

+
# 7Val` May 25 2011, 13:19 PM
QUOTE(ToRtUr3 @ May 25 2011, 20:57 PM) *

Riftshards is an overrated item on The Dark Lady. It doesn't give her survivability or a extra function that keeps enemies away from you. Why not directly turn her into a glass cannon?
No go for Riftshards even though it transfers well to her Charging Strikes and Dark Blades... but so do other better items.

Why would you need survivability if you have SH and SoR, aswell as a Global Slow, Global vision breaking, an aoe silence, another single target slow and an escape mechanism.

You dont

Riftshards are a very good item on TDL.

This post has been edited by Val`: May 25 2011, 13:25 PM

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 8Gameslayer989 May 25 2011, 16:44 PM
riftshards are a good late game item, but going them after shrunken like some people are suggesting isn't very smart IMO. With runed axe an shrunken she has like, what? 1200 hp? going riftshards after implies that your team can disable all their casters before you go in, and in a lot of games you don't have that luxury. That's why i'd get symbol of rage first.

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 9ToRtUr3 May 25 2011, 21:38 PM
QUOTE(Gameslayer989 @ May 25 2011, 18:44 PM) *

riftshards are a good late game item, but going them after shrunken like some people are suggesting isn't very smart IMO. With runed axe an shrunken she has like, what? 1200 hp? going riftshards after implies that your team can disable all their casters before you go in, and in a lot of games you don't have that luxury. That's why i'd get symbol of rage first.

Exactly. You might have all sorts of escape mechanisms, true, but you don't have much survivability to last long in teambattles. Stupid enemies won't just let you charge in there and be like "Hey look I'm a TDL and rippin you apart" "Uhh yeah, we don't care... KILL THAT SQUISHY LEGIONNAIRE FIRST!!!".

If you are a big threat (just what TDL is) you better back up surviving long enough to be a valuable threat.

+
# 10Mista Mek May 25 2011, 22:34 PM
it was probably a good idea to write a guide for her, she's the third LEAST played hero in the game
thats right
your more likely to see an accursed, a war beast, or a tundra on your team then a dark lady sad.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 11ToRtUr3 May 25 2011, 23:00 PM
Why wouldn't you see Accursed on your team? Such a rape hero. wacko.gif

+
# 12Rizky May 25 2011, 23:05 PM
QUOTE(Mista Mek @ May 26 2011, 01:34 AM) *

it was probably a good idea to write a guide for her, she's the third LEAST played hero in the game
thats right
your more likely to see an accursed, a war beast, or a tundra on your team then a dark lady sad.gif

And what's wrong with tundra?

I'm not saying accursed or war beast are bad either (people make warbeast look worse than he is because they never get puzzlebox), but tundra is a very strong mid which counters most mid heroes hard (should own pebbles, devo and dw also) and forces people to get nullstones.

Clan: Insane

+
# 13Mista Mek May 26 2011, 00:04 AM
QUOTE(Rizky @ May 25 2011, 19:05 PM) *

And what's wrong with tundra?

I'm not saying accursed or war beast are bad either (people make warbeast look worse than he is because they never get puzzlebox), but tundra is a very strong mid which counters most mid heroes hard (should own pebbles, devo and dw also) and forces people to get nullstones.

i never said they were bad, but many of these are
A never used (accursed and war beast cant fit meta game)
or B never used CORRECTLY

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 14Decency May 26 2011, 01:40 AM
Daemonic Breastplate on an Agility carry? I'm confused.

If you need to go one on one, you'll prefer a Shieldbreaker or Riftshards, they're more effective. If you need to not die, you're going to want straight HP or possibly a Shaman's Headdress because you'll be dealing with magic burst. Daemonic is extremely situational, maybe against a Soulstealer, Predator, Demented Shaman team I'd consider it.

Also, fun theorycraft build: Portal Key... Slow, Silence Blades, Blink, kill, charge out.

+
# 15Rizky May 26 2011, 01:50 AM
QUOTE(Decency @ May 26 2011, 04:40 AM) *

Also, fun theorycraft build: Portal Key... Slow, Silence Blades, Blink, kill, charge out.

Wouldn't be good even in that case. The attack speed buff of charging blades would be wasted there.

Clan: Insane

+
# 16MiniDonbeE Jun 1 2011, 00:31 AM
QUOTE(Gameslayer989 @ May 25 2011, 16:44 PM) *

have u ever played tdl?................... u get rifts before symbol. on every hero smile.gif........... example. u play arachna, u go rifts before symbol... u play ss, u go rifts before symbol.

Symbol is useless if you dont have a ton of output damage, she isnt as squishy as you think, a massive silence and the ability to rape the fk outa any hero in the game within 2 seconds allows her to be as squishy as she wants. Pyro raping you? its ok. jump on his ass and then you are no longer a freaking glass cannon.

Symbol of rage first? u srs? ur gonna get out damaged by the ranged semicarries -.-

this is why you go, steams for some hp, runed, shrunken for more survivability, then you go whisp helm .... then you go rifts, then you go symbol then you get daemonic or whatever you want

And yes daemonic on an agi hero is really good incase u havent noticed ( to whoever questioned that )

Getting rifts before lifesteal is bad, getting it after symbol is bad because it is no longer viable.... yes you survive but you cant burst ppl down sad.gif

Rifts before symbol, after whisp helm drop dem gs

QUOTE(Decency @ May 26 2011, 01:40 AM) *

Daemonic Breastplate on an Agility carry? I'm confused.

If you need to go one on one, you'll prefer a Shieldbreaker or Riftshards, they're more effective. If you need to not die, you're going to want straight HP or possibly a Shaman's Headdress because you'll be dealing with magic burst. Daemonic is extremely situational, maybe against a Soulstealer, Predator, Demented Shaman team I'd consider it.

Im sorry are you trolling....... u say daemonic on an agi carry?............. u srs - armour+ armour, aspd........ ermmmm ok....... then you say shieldbreaker more effective than daemonic ... say whaat? 1 less - armour + an armour aura+ some armour+ aspd... how is shieldbreaker better....... other than the price.... shards make most agi carries glass cannons, daemonic makes them hit harder and take more punishment+ helps the team..... Getting shamans headress is just fkin dumb on most agi heroesm, why? it gives them 0 damage and it doesnt give them IMMUNITY which is what they need, who cares if you dont take damage, as long as your stunned you dont do crap......... oh and then you have the freaking decency to theorycraft a crappy build.................

Im not sure if your trolling or not but agi carries need damage+ immunity (magic)........ not resistance seriously u question a great item on agi heroes and u recommend shamans.......... are u fkin kidding me? thats what 2k of pure NO DAMAGE -.- agi carries should almost always go the same build which is steams/ghosts whteva, shrunken.... a must, and just pure damage item, maybe a hotbl here and there but for agi daemonic kicks the shit out of shamans, please dont troll sad.gif.... ohh and the pkey -.- comeon man shes not an initiator wacko.gif instead of that pkey 1 half of shrunken would be better.

This post has been merged by X-Flame: Jun 1 2011, 09:47 AM

+
# 17Gameslayer989 Jun 1 2011, 13:18 PM

have u ever played tdl?................... u get rifts before symbol. on every hero smile.gif........... example. u play arachna, u go rifts before symbol... u play ss, u go rifts before symbol.

that must be where im going wrong then. I always go shrunken into symbol of rage on mq, shrunken into symbol of rage on maliken, shrunken into symbol of rage on TDL, shrunken into savage mace into symbol of rage on arachna, shrunken into savage mace into symbol of rage on soulstealer ect ect ect.
Seriously, rift shards is over rated, and symbol of rage is under rated. Perhaps in the 1900 MMR bracket where you can count on a team to disable everyone rifts is a good item, but in the realistic brackets there's no such thing as a perfect team fight. In those cases you need the survivability. Also, sure you might get out DPS'd by semi-carries (which i find highly unlikely since she has a massive damage increase and attack speed increase) but wen it comes down to it, your team has nukers to kill these squishy semi-carries. Your job is to stay alive in teamfights and kill everyone who didn't immediatly die to the early nukes, which is usually in a 1 vs 1 situation with the other enemy carry. In a 1 vs 1 situation, TDL with symbol beats soulstealer/arachna/valkyrie/insert other carry here with riftshards.

This post has been edited by Gameslayer989: Jun 1 2011, 13:19 PM

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 18ToRtUr3 Jun 2 2011, 00:40 AM
QUOTE(MiniDonbeE @ Jun 1 2011, 02:31 AM) *

Symbol is useless if you dont have a ton of output damage, she isnt as squishy as you think, a massive silence and the ability to rape the fk outa any hero in the game within 2 seconds allows her to be as squishy as she wants. Pyro raping you? its ok. jump on his ass and then you are no longer a freaking glass cannon.

Symbol of rage first? u srs? ur gonna get out damaged by the ranged semicarries -.-

this is why you go, steams for some hp, runed, shrunken for more survivability, then you go whisp helm .... then you go rifts, then you go symbol then you get daemonic or whatever you want
And yes daemonic on an agi hero is really good incase u havent noticed ( to whoever questioned that )

Getting rifts before lifesteal is bad, getting it after symbol is bad because it is no longer viable.... yes you survive but you cant burst ppl down sad.gif

Rifts before symbol, after whisp helm drop dem gs
Im sorry are you trolling....... u say daemonic on an agi carry?............. u srs - armour+ armour, aspd........ ermmmm ok....... then you say shieldbreaker more effective than daemonic ... say whaat? 1 less - armour + an armour aura+ some armour+ aspd... how is shieldbreaker better....... other than the price.... shards make most agi carries glass cannons, daemonic makes them hit harder and take more punishment+ helps the team..... Getting shamans headress is just fkin dumb on most agi heroesm, why? it gives them 0 damage and it doesnt give them IMMUNITY which is what they need, who cares if you dont take damage, as long as your stunned you dont do crap......... oh and then you have the freaking decency to theorycraft a crappy build.................
Im not sure if your trolling or not but agi carries need damage+ immunity (magic)........ not resistance seriously u question a great item on agi heroes and u recommend shamans.......... are u fkin kidding me? thats what 2k of pure NO DAMAGE -.- agi carries should almost always go the same build which is steams/ghosts whteva, shrunken.... a must, and just pure damage item, maybe a hotbl here and there but for agi daemonic kicks the shit out of shamans, please dont troll sad.gif.... ohh and the pkey -.- comeon man shes not an initiator wacko.gif instead of that pkey 1 half of shrunken would be better.

I can't believe that this day would ever come, but I agree with Mini's post here.

Only 1 thing I disagree with is that you can jump a Pyro np as glass cannon. he will Stun + Wave + Ult you before you even get the chance to run away or jump him, and without survivability you'll be fucked.

+
# 19Deragos Jun 2 2011, 21:56 PM
Well I played tdl alot lately. And I always used this build: marchers - runed - steam - shrunken head - whispering - symbol. Well, I have never needed the extra damage cause after my symbol the other team have always conceded tongue.gif But what im trying to say is: with the extra health you get from symbol, you manage to stay alot longer in the teamfights, and with the dark blades I end up with 250 dps. And belive me, that is enough. Cause so far I have never lost a game with tdl biggrin.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 20ToRtUr3 Jun 3 2011, 12:16 PM
QUOTE(Deragos @ Jun 2 2011, 23:56 PM) *

Well I played tdl alot lately. And I always used this build: marchers - runed - steam - shrunken head - whispering - symbol. Well, I have never needed the extra damage cause after my symbol the other team have always conceded tongue.gif But what im trying to say is: with the extra health you get from symbol, you manage to stay alot longer in the teamfights, and with the dark blades I end up with 250 dps. And belive me, that is enough. Cause so far I have never lost a game with tdl biggrin.gif

Indeed. TDL is already a powerhouse just with her abilities. biggrin.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)