Achron

How to cancel unit production

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1KopiG Sep 1 2011, 01:53 AM
So I havent found any hotkey(nor cancel nor stop command works) to cancel an existing unit deployment for the humans. This means I have to back in time every single time and cancel the whole queue with tapping the undo command twice if I accidently placed an unwanted unit in the queue ? This seems to me a bit stupid wacko.gif
Looking for answers. Thanks in advance.
PS+Edit1:I assume you cant cancel other races unit production/queue also which would be frustrating... any info on this also will be appriciated.

This post has been edited by KopiG: Sep 1 2011, 01:55 AM

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 2Derek Sep 1 2011, 04:08 AM
As far as I'm aware you can only cancel production by going back in time to undo the command. It's actually not that much of a hassle (unless you're queuing tons of units at once) and makes sense within the game mechanics.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Numbers Sep 1 2011, 04:30 AM
Yep! Go back in time and use z,z to cancel all future orders or z and click on the timeline to undo orders in a specific time frame.

Game: Achron

+
# 4Shadowfury333 Sep 1 2011, 06:42 AM
You can also hit z and click to a time before you (while selecting the factory). So if you just passed the build command, you can hit z and set the cursor to before that green bar (4th row on timeline display). You'll jump back and the build is undone.

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 5Numbers Sep 1 2011, 09:22 AM
QUOTE(KopiG @ Aug 31 2011, 17:53 PM) *

PS+Edit1:I assume you cant cancel other races unit production/queue also which would be frustrating... any info on this also will be appriciated.

I don't know what you mean by that but if you mean nanites on enemy race production buildings then yes! You can undo that building. It is a nasty tactic that can cancel all future productions.

Game: Achron

+
# 6KopiG Sep 1 2011, 11:39 AM
Thank you all for the replies and infos.

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 7Sarcose Sep 8 2011, 19:34 PM
I would say the reasoning behind it is that a "cancel" command could wreak managerial havoc with the order queues handled by the engine.

Imagine if you went back in time to add a unit to the production queue retroactively, preventing another unit from being added. And the cancel button was pressed/command given. It could change your entire lineup!

Edit: I learned recently that the literal reason behind not including a cancel mechanic is that griefers could spam build/cancel to crash the engine.

This post has been edited by Sarcose: Sep 14 2011, 10:19 AM

Game: Kings and Castles

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)