Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

Cant defeat Brutal Dwarves as Mordor

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Wraithed Feb 14 2012, 23:53 PM
Try what I might, I just get owned in 10 mins.

My orc archers lose to dwarf swords and dwarf pikes. gg. I get overwhelmed in 5 minutes.

+
# 2Deth Feb 15 2012, 01:09 AM
Brutals on BT2DC are a lot stronger than on 1.0/1.6. Try using orc warriors as a meatshield and then using the orc archers to shoot them down. Never let the dwarven units get close to your orc archers as they will kill them very fast, even if there is only a few.

Do you play online at all?

Clan: vKo

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 3Wraithed Feb 15 2012, 15:16 PM
No I dont play online yet.

Yea I normally micro when playing: orc archers in aggressive behind orc warriors in defensive. The dwarves take far too long to kill. Soon enough Im overwhelmed.

Last night I got some corsairs through while defending and I destroyed every mine they had three times over - Every time I destroyed it by the time I had made a full circle around their base they had rebuilt the mines! Despire my efforts I still got overwhelmed!

Problem is Dwarven Pikes are very strong and they can take down my production building while getting fired at from the fortress and a set of archers.

I dont know how to pull this MU into a win for Mordor.

+
# 4Deth Feb 15 2012, 16:12 PM
QUOTE(Wraithed @ Feb 15 2012, 16:16 PM) *

No I dont play online yet.

Yea I normally micro when playing: orc archers in aggressive behind orc warriors in defensive. The dwarves take far too long to kill. Soon enough Im overwhelmed.

Last night I got some corsairs through while defending and I destroyed every mine they had three times over - Every time I destroyed it by the time I had made a full circle around their base they had rebuilt the mines! Despire my efforts I still got overwhelmed!

Problem is Dwarven Pikes are very strong and they can take down my production building while getting fired at from the fortress and a set of archers.

I dont know how to pull this MU into a win for Mordor.

It's Mordor's hardest match-up for sure. The aim is to survive early game. If you can do that, Mordor's late game is a lot better than Dwarves so you can start to take the advantage. Do you have any replays of your games?

+
# 5Turbo` Feb 16 2012, 18:53 PM
dont fight dwarven units unless you can trade armies in an efficient and quick way. the thing about mordor units is that even when you have a stronger army a fight takes ages to win. one of the big disadvantages of mordor.

+
# 6Forgotten_squonk Feb 20 2012, 18:21 PM
QUOTE(Deth @ Feb 15 2012, 18:12 PM) *

It's Mordor's hardest match-up for sure

one of easiest on bt

play online

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 7Deth Feb 21 2012, 02:24 AM
QUOTE(Forgotten_squonk @ Feb 20 2012, 19:21 PM) *

one of easiest on bt

play online

Mordor vs Dwarves is not one of the easiest match ups...

+
# 8Forgotten_squonk Feb 21 2012, 07:22 AM
it is. noob

+
# 9Wraithed Feb 26 2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the tips and input.

I finally did it!

I beat dwarves on 2.6!

It was one hell of a tough match. A lot of people said Mumaks were good and Fellbeast too, but I just couldnt make good use of either. They both died super quick. Fell to archer fire and Mumak to archers, pikes and fire on the floor from battle wagon oil barrels.

Orcs are useless. Orc archers are useless.

Fast creep and easterlings + easterling archers + well microed nazgul, into tavern and upgrades, and then finally going in with catas seems to have done the trick.
Nazgul and upgraded pikes + harad archers took out any dwarves super quick.

+
# 10Forgotten_squonk Feb 26 2012, 11:48 AM
i find 1.7 brutal was way stronger than 2.6. i played bout 5 games with different MU's yesterday and that noob ddidnt even challenge me

+
# 11Wraithed Mar 3 2012, 00:54 AM
Okay,

looks like something was messed up on my patch.

I noticed this while i was upgrading my haradrim palace. The cost was 500 when I believe on 2.6 its 300.
I check options but options stated the patch was 2.6 by maddox and rainmaker.

However i exited the game and opened the patch switcher tool and clicked Latest BT2DC.

I restarted the game and started another match vs dwarves and played as usual.

This time the Haradrim Palace cost 300 to upgrade.

However the Dwarves start swarming in twice as fast, and my units are less effective against them.

I dont beleive there is a way to beat computer dwarves on brutal as mordor. its just impossible.

If anyone can do it, please provide a replay.

Thanks.

+
# 12VeNeNo` Mar 4 2012, 12:07 PM
QUOTE(Wraithed @ Mar 3 2012, 01:54 AM) *

Okay,

looks like something was messed up on my patch.

I noticed this while i was upgrading my haradrim palace. The cost was 500 when I believe on 2.6 its 300.
I check options but options stated the patch was 2.6 by maddox and rainmaker.

However i exited the game and opened the patch switcher tool and clicked Latest BT2DC.

I restarted the game and started another match vs dwarves and played as usual.

This time the Haradrim Palace cost 300 to upgrade.

However the Dwarves start swarming in twice as fast, and my units are less effective against them.

I dont beleive there is a way to beat computer dwarves on brutal as mordor. its just impossible.

If anyone can do it, please provide a replay.

Thanks.

Most important things when dealing with dwarves as Mordor:
-Get corsaires and forged blades as fast as possible as general rule
-Ur against the computer so you can play on his lack of intelligence in microing.Get nazguls,MoS and even the witch king.
-Do not loose time fighting his troops and search for mines/buildings instead.
If I'm gonna have time I'm gonna do a 1 vs 1 vs a brutal with this mu and post it here wink.gif

Personal advice:Get gameranger and get online!

Clan: Da Unit

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)