Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1X-Flame Jun 23 2011, 07:50 AM
A guide on Armor and Damage Types - By Togashi

This post has been edited by X-Flame: Jun 23 2011, 07:56 AM

Game: None

+
# 2man_guy Jun 23 2011, 08:59 AM
True Damage: Cannot reduced or negated in any way, hence it being "true" damage

True damage is still subject to damage reduction by at least one spell off the top of my head (Ice Imprisonment). SW, Armadon, and Tremble skills probably also reduce incoming true damage as well.

+
# 3TotalyMoo Jun 23 2011, 09:56 AM
You forgot spellshards smile.gif Otherwise good article!

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 4Ewan Jun 23 2011, 10:24 AM
Things that I think could improve the article:

It says "There is currently only one ability and one item that reduces magic armor." even though you list two abilities that reduce it. Change this!

There is superior magic damage, on behe ulti.

Savage mace damage procs are physical.

You should mention how increasing armour affects how long you live. ie you should have the graph +x armour lets you survive an extra f(x) attacks (for some 'average' hero).

You talk about % damage reduced but don't say anything about it. Why is this useful to know? It's non-obvious from your graph the difference in benefits of adding 5 armour and adding 10 armour. If one were to just glance at it, they might think that the first 5 armour is 'worth more' but this isn't true! This is really why I think you need the graph I suggested above.

+
# 5ToRtUr3 Jun 23 2011, 11:23 AM
The member creating this guide is no longer on staff. So it's not that easy to change things along his lines. Feel free to PM X-Flame any changes you deem fit concerning this guide. smile.gif

+
# 6X-Flame Jun 23 2011, 11:52 AM
Nah I'm reading it (as any Admin should be doing!). I'll change it in a few hours, getting some games in first before my head explodes from BBCode.

Game: None

+
# 7Rshshshy Jun 23 2011, 13:16 PM
-no spellshards mention (is this an old article?)
-magic armor items are shared and dont stack, its vestments >into shamans`> into barrier thus you can only increase magic armor by 10 max

oh and also Myrmidon wave reduces magic armor of the nearbies

This post has been edited by Rshshshy: Jun 23 2011, 13:20 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 8Rizky Jun 23 2011, 15:46 PM
Rampage gains magic immunity in charge also. =P

Clan: Insane

+
# 9Schirokko Jun 23 2011, 18:26 PM
You forgot a damage type: mixed.

I think the only usage of it in HoN is Beardulon's deathpenalty.

"When killed, Booboo deals 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 Mixed damage to Wildsoul."

It's reduced by both armor and magic resist.

+
# 1057gentlemens Jun 23 2011, 18:59 PM
I'm sure more was missed but a couple to add:

Myrmidon's Wave Form -Magic Armor (guide says only Flaming Hammer and Life Void reduce it)
likewise, Void Talisman's -Magic Armor effect

and Tundra's Piercing Shards should be noted as they do some mix of physical and magic damage.

I also think the guide is almost useless without information on which hero skills do physical damage and which do magical (mention things like Pandamoniums skills, Impale, DSham's skills, etc). So maybe a section about that could be added.

Luckily what was in the article was done well! Just missing a lot for trying to be comprehensive.

+
# 11Shide Jun 23 2011, 20:18 PM
Succubus Hold is not True damage is Superior Magic, SW Dissipate is Magic dmg, and other errors like this.
I think must be mentioned mixed dmg and superior magic. These two dms are not a "type" but i think must be mentioned.

+
# 12kustodian Jun 27 2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I can see X-flame will have his hands full laugh.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 13daresbalat Jul 1 2011, 15:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Barbed Armour doesn't reflect damage it just returns it. So, say you get hit for 1000, it still damages you for 1000, it just damages your attacker for 800 as well. hence why you don't see it more on squishy casters.

cool article tho - the graph makes a lot of sense!

This post has been edited by daresbalat: Jul 1 2011, 15:31 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)