Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

Worst Match-Up?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ambartanen Apr 20 2010, 17:51 PM
What do you think is the hardest mu for the Elves? Too many people think it's Mordor. Imo Elves (can) destroy Mordor in 1v1 if the host is playable, it's all a matter of playing aggressive. Elf/Men though it's damn near impossible to harass and as the game progresses it becomes more and more hopeless. Lots of things work vs the other factions but there is no one strategy that is effective vs Men, they have good Cav, solid spam, good heroes and reliable archers - to win you generally have to outplay them.

/discuss

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 2Crabby Lobster Apr 21 2010, 01:59 AM
I really don't have problems in any match up as Elves. Any faction can be hard for Elves, mostly when you are offhost or somehow get destroyed by cavalry or something. But, Elves can generally play anything, especially onhost.

Clan: vKo

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3Ambartanen Apr 21 2010, 23:01 PM
Idk about that, imo they can fend off other facs with good pike/archer usage except for Motw. No amount of LA/Miths or micro beats Knights + GA + Bombadil + Boro +SoG.

This post has been edited by Aberrance`: Apr 21 2010, 23:02 PM

+
# 4Crabby Lobster Apr 22 2010, 01:25 AM
QUOTE(Aberrance` @ Apr 21 2010, 18:01 PM) *

Idk about that, imo they can fend off other facs with good pike/archer usage except for Motw. No amount of LA/Miths or micro beats Knights + GA + Bombadil + Boro +SoG.

Lancers can at least limit GAs and they help a lot for harassment vs Men. Boromir and SoG can be countered by LA/Miths, for the most part. I agree that Knights and Bombadil can make it hard, but they are still beatable.

I think Mordor might be a bit harder, mostly because of Nazgul harassment combined with orc/orc archer/corsair spam.

This post has been edited by Desktipper: Apr 22 2010, 01:28 AM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5Aqeel Shaghooli Apr 22 2010, 05:22 AM
I think playing elves offhost is hard w\e the mu is.

i think vs mordor is the hardest as desk said about nazguls and mix units

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 6Ambartanen Apr 23 2010, 02:32 AM
Naz aren't that bad, they die pretty quick to leveled Archers and there is always the option of stealthed miths. There is nothing you can do vs Bombadil/Horn/A mixed army.

+
# 7Turbo` Apr 24 2010, 15:46 PM
imo the hardest mu for elves is vs goblins

+
# 8Ambartanen Apr 25 2010, 20:19 PM
Hows that work? Elves OWN Goblins hard if you go Lancers + Arwen.

+
# 9masterdeck Jan 16 2012, 04:08 AM
Dwarves VS. Isengard,

Dwarves are these slow, powerful guys, and Isengard has these fast powerful guys. Isengard can outflank you at every turn, and their Uruk Warriors are a good opponent for Gaurdians, of course 1 on 1 Gaurdians would win, but not without heavy casualties.

And btw, I think the Elves abilities in combat depend on the battlefield where it takes place (trees or not?, Uphill or not?) and the player that plays them. MoTW are a fantastic faction, and they'd win unless the elven player utilizes his best weapon: Stealth.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)