Films to watch

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 2541Forerunner Nov 19 2014, 01:11 AM
QUOTE(UNr34L @ Nov 18 2014, 20:07 PM) *
Daddy why are these people flogging a dead horse?

Cause that dead horse makes a lot of money! They really should have stopped after At World's End.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 2542Ambartanen Nov 19 2014, 02:16 AM
QUOTE(UNr34L @ Nov 18 2014, 21:07 PM) *

The second one was kinda bad, but it's still cool to see this.

It's not that it got worse, it's that Moriarty is dead. What could they possibly make the film about, Moran? He's too minor a character, meaning they will need to step well outside the canon or just outright invent material. I've a similar objection for the BBC show, Sherlock. Well, that and their going full-retard pandering to the likes of tumblr.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.08

+
# 2543UNr34L Nov 19 2014, 04:53 AM
I think the tumblr analogy is spot on. The show does seem to pander to that audience a lot. But that problem has been around since the very first episode where Cumberbatch was jumping on the roofs scouting like a vampire under the moonlight...it was way too cheesy for me and I kept facepalming at the director and writers. However I still enjoy the show for some reason. There's some real wit here and there, and the supporting cast is quite good. And by supporting cast I mean the cops, Mycroft, and John; not the villains, and certainly not Mary! Frankly, I enjoyed Magnussen more than Moriarty. Moriarty's acting is bad, but his character writing is out of the world bad. That retarded voice...it ruins any suspense a man can build.

This post has been edited by UNr34L: Nov 19 2014, 04:57 AM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2544Ambartanen Nov 19 2014, 05:07 AM
QUOTE(UNr34L @ Nov 19 2014, 00:53 AM) *

I think the tumblr analogy is spot on. The show does seem to pander to that audience a lot. But that problem has been around since the very first episode where Cumberbatch was jumping on the roofs scouting like a vampire under the moonlight...it was way too cheesy for me and I kept facepalming at the director and writers. However I still enjoy the show for some reason. There's some real wit here and there, and the supporting cast is quite good. And by supporting cast I mean the cops, Mycroft, and John; not the villains, and certainly not Mary! Frankly, I enjoyed Magnussen more than Moriarty. Moriarty's acting is bad, but his character writing is out of the world bad. That retarded voice...it ruins any suspense a man can build.

I hated Magnussen. And Mary. That was the dumbest arc ever. And that's saying something, considering the fantastical nature of the show. Christ, that ending...

Moriarity was interesting, I liked the character and gave it the benefit of the doubt at the more awkward moments. And you can't POSSIBLY deny that season 3 took the tumblr pandering to a whole new level, jumping the shark and dressing in drag midair. I only watched it because despite everything they did manage to parallel the source material in lots of neat ways.

Spoiler
Bringing Moriarty back from the dead perfectly encompasses not ending shit at its logical conclusion. Although I doubt it will actually be him. Also, wtf was with that brother comment from Mycroft just before the Moriarty reveal. It almost seems as though the show is building up to them being related.

+
# 2545UNr34L Nov 19 2014, 06:34 AM
The brother comment? I'm not sure what you mean.

The producers have stated that the next season will be much grittier compared to the previous ones. Something I'm actually looking forward to. I think the show has been building towards a dark climax rather nicely. I'm too lazy to link the source right now, but you can look it up. Maybe it has something to do with Moriarty's master plan.

+
# 2546Ambartanen Nov 19 2014, 07:28 AM
I was referring to this final line.

Now, Sherrinford Holmes is a thing in some especially retarded circles, but he is not canon. It's just wild speculation given the proximity of the comment to the Moriarty reveal, coupled with the fact he and Mycroft interacted.

+
# 2547UNr34L Nov 19 2014, 07:51 AM
Ohhh right. I remember it striking me as an odd choice of words, but I assumed he was talking about the guy previously holding Mycroft's position. That he got carried away, making bad emotional decisions, and had to be fired. But now that you say this there might be some merit in that theory...

So if they are related that makes 3 out of 4 people with that type of superhuman intelligence in the show; related. Leaving Magnussen as the sore thumb...again.

+
# 2548X-Flame Yesterday, 17:33 PM
Interstellar. 1000/10, favorite movie of 2014 so far. Did not feel like a long movie at all. The visuals, the sound, the acting, just absolutely perfect. IMAX is the way to go.

I genuinely want to go see it another time.

Game: None

+
# 2549UNr34L Yesterday, 18:32 PM
Me too. I wanna watch it again. It's the only three hour movie that had me excited from start to finish. Others like LOTR were great too, but they did slow down at times. With Interstellar I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I'm waiting to watch it a second time to confirm it's my favorite movie ever smile.gif !

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)