Battle for Middle Earth 2

The Rules and Guidelines of HellRaiser

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1KingSpillBlood Jun 4 2007, 13:38 PM
Rules and Guidelines of HellRaisers

Crafted by KingSpillBlood, ingame-GreaterGlory, Captain of HellRaisers, and humble Mentor
Reviewed and Amended by DarthAmor, Head of HellRaisers

Welcome to the clan recruits, or prospective members. My name is CaptainGlory (KSB), and I am going to lead you through this if you are so willing. If you want, click one of the jumper links to get started on a section, other wise scroll down through the posts. Its an honor to have you on board, and I look forward to fighting by your side, once we have a few rules, actually three, sorted out.

Jumper links:

Clan Policy
Three Rules and Stepping Process
Clan Breakdown
Guidelines

Other:
Soldiers Guide

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by ^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG: Aug 13 2007, 23:41 PM

Clan: HellRaisers

Game: Minecraft

+
# 2KingSpillBlood Jun 4 2007, 13:40 PM
Clan Policy

Everything stated in the rules is to simply have fun- if reading any more than the rules themselves prevents you from doing so, or playing more games, do not bother with them. They are for reference purposes, mostly.

Clan Policy- Respect.

No one is above respect- we are all on the same standard.

Activity>Skill. If you are active, and never dodge, you will only get better. You must be willing to train, and must never fear a match.

*Notes from KingSpillBlood: This can be translated in many different ways, but use the brain God gave you. It works like a charm, and its fun.
I hold myself even higher above the rules, and if I ever forget, it is your job to come talk to me about it.
Dodging is retarded. I learned more in 5 minutes getting destroyed by Ch1ld than I did in all my noobashes combined.
I wrote this lengthy guide in part because I am disabled from playing. It was for your benefit, but you are not forced to go through it by any means. Once again, if you please, read the three main rules and go play more CW!

I give a lot of notes to help point out the important stuff, its in my coloring, silver. Yeah, I picked it for myself, finders keepers!
Give me feedback!

This post has been edited by ^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG: Aug 13 2007, 23:41 PM

+
# 3KingSpillBlood Jun 4 2007, 13:42 PM
Three Main Rules, Stepping Process, and Boring Elaboration on them.

Really, Chug a Double Expresso if you want to Read it All.

We have three main rules, and I explained them out just for the sake of being able to go back and quote them. Read the three, and if you want, read what I spelled out, but they are all self-explanatory.

Main Rules-

1. No dodging

2. Stay active

3. Be sincere

1. Do not dodge unless

A. You must log off due to emergency

B. You have a current game set-up (pre-planned)

Doing so will step you up. We cannot tolerate dodging, it is against sportsmanship, against logic (explained later), and is harmful to the league. Just say no to dodging.

2. Stay active, exceptions

A. Emergency, this covers just about everything, notably family, vacations

B. You will be given sensible inactivity for a small break, but do not abuse it and you must post inactive way in advance

You will be given quite some room, so don't abuse it. Y

3. Be sincere, elaboration:

A. Basically, don't flame others, in our clan or outside- if you are so certain that you are right and are willing to flame, then you are above the other player(s) and should restrain yourself. Be the bigger man, it makes life easier. Come to me or Darth if you have any problems, and everything will work itself out.

Note from Captain Glory: Treat lesser skilled members as well as you can, don't offend them and if they test your patience, be as mature as you can about it. A person that is more skilled has no more right in clan than one that is lesser skilled. All are subject to the same rules.

This is probably the easiest rule to understand- be respectful of each other, we are all humans (I hope) and we all came to have fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping Process

The worst part of the Rules, but I'll get it over with.

Severe deliberate breaking of the rules will step you up. Age, rank, position, does not matter- everyone is subject to it. You get three steps to termination, and each one can be easily revoked through a various ways. The third step is a last warning, and the next little reason to boot will be it.

*Note from Captain Glory: Pardon me, but you have to be an idiot to get kicked out, its either constant dodge (no excuse), continuous unexcused inactivity (if there is a big reason: ie. forgot pass ect. you can reapply), or intensive, unrelenting flaming (get a life tbh). I should never have to resort to this, but if you abuse the rules, I must.

Oh yeah, and if I hear one racist word thats not in some sort of literary/thematic context you are gone. Period. GG no re.
Its the way I am, and it goes right back to respect. I take very few opportunities to actually enforce- but this is one I am taking.

If you have a problem with this rule, I compel you to tell me, but it may be in your best interest not to say anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by ^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG: Aug 13 2007, 23:42 PM

+
# 4KingSpillBlood Jun 4 2007, 13:43 PM
Clan Breakdown

Though small at the moment so is our clan. As more members join, we will have more spaces to be taken up, and the possibilities are endless.

Clan Breakdown:

Executive- being the clan leader and all makes Amor head. Supreme dictator.
-DarthAmor

*Note from Captain Glory: Even if he won't admit it, he is the final word, not me. If you hear someone else say something, even me, and he says another thing, its a safe bet to do what he says. It will be hard to be at odds with him, ever, because he is a sensible fellow.

Tactical Leader- Stays involved as the Executives eyes and ears, and keeps everything running smoothly. Main moderator for GR forums, and the go-to guy for everything else. Commands the Captains personally, and acts under the same mask of a Captain.
-KingSpillBlood

*Note from Captain Glory: I am currently the only tactical leader, but I am not a one man show. If our clan grows, we may need another Tactical Leader, but trust me, it takes a bit of dedication to make things run smoothly. For everyones sake, I will try to hold off from promoting another beside more for awhile.

Captain- The tactical leaders eyes and ears, these are the soldiers that are respected to always give help when needed, and in turn, give their unerring assistance. They work with the more practical duties- mentoring, moderation, pretty much our clan's private strat mods (even though the ones GR has are awesome). The job simply cannot be done by two guys, and we look to Captains to contribute as much as they can.
-Ronhreeq
-GrazyRules
-JohnRanger123
-Precise
-^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG

Soldier- The backbone of our clan, dedicated to make themselves better, through constant activity and willingness to learn. Through a united resolve, this group makes a name for [HR], to attract more players, and more active/skilled players. Expected to keep good sportsmanship, notice/PM the senior staff of important news, and be the bulk of our games.
-Jaared
-justio37
-stridertheking
-0pT1mu5-Pr1M3
-thepslamist
-Heirofisildur

*Note from Captain Glory: The last on the chain, but these are our strongest link. Everyone is on the same standard, but there is more reason for soldiers to be, other than the sake of equality. Without these active, dedicated members, Captains wouldn't exist, and without help, it would be just the Tactical Leader and the Executive goofing off. The higher positions are just fancy names without members to help, and exist solely to help soldiers fight. Anyone who flaunts their position will be promptly tounge-lashed (by me): the braggart may have a higher position, but it is their job to be respectful.

Affiliates- Not defined as clan members to be precise: they are here to make a difference, for the better in this clan. This includes moderation, or temporary mentoring. Also, they do not have to be in clan directly to be affiliated.

-thepsalmist (Used to help us get validated and get this show on the road. He will put in his wise advice from time to time, and be an open ear.)
-fledge (mentor/review contact)
-Grahlond (spammer, heckler)

This post has been edited by ^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG: Aug 13 2007, 23:47 PM

+
# 5KingSpillBlood Jun 4 2007, 13:45 PM
Guidelines

Confused? Here are your main contact points at the moment!

-DarthAmor
-KingSpillBlood
^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG

Darth is usually on, and if you struggle in English, and need German help he's your man!

I am always, always, open to you- if you ever need help in anything, whether it be in the game, clan wars issues, game/password/technical I am your man, or at least I'll do the best I can. If you are getting flamed, and unsure about what to do, the best move would be to tell me. I make it my job to administrate to the best of my abilities.

AfterLife is always on. He'll probably be the one that is on the longest on xfire.

Need mentoring? Here is your main contact point at the moment.

-KingSpillBlood
^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG
justio37

Me again, for now at least. I can set you up with great people to learn from that learned from me. I am definitely not the best player, but I review as a job, and would be honored to make you better than you are now. Since our clan will rely on activity, we sacrifice skill (not in the long run!), and some players may not be as experienced. If you want to be a mentor contact, or know someone who will, PM me.

AfterLife and justio are also available for mentees.

You dodged, or it looked like you did? Contact points-

-DarthAmor

-KingSpillBlood

Whether you did it or not doesn't matter, talk to me immediately to get it settled. I know making a clan that tries to be the least dodging clan will draw attention. Some people will look for you to dodge, and maybe try to make you. Come to me or Darth, so we have ammo- and no one does anything stupid. We use sense on dodge claims.

Want to be a Captain, or move up in the ranks?

-DarthAmor

-KingSpillBlood

(seeing a trend here?)

This is one of the few things that actually requires skill- I want my Captains to be the best that I got, both in skill and respect. While we are all held to the same standard, Captains are expected to hold themselves above and beyond the rules. Time and dedication to the clan and cw are also a factor, and they must be one of the most active members.

I will think of more guidelines to help you guys as I see fit.

This post has been edited by ^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG: Aug 13 2007, 23:51 PM

+
# 6KingSpillBlood Jun 5 2007, 04:32 AM
Soldier's Guide
Crafted by KingSpillBlood, ingame-GreaterGlory, Captain of HellRaisers, and humble Mentor
Reviewed and Amended by DarthAmor, Head of HellRaisers

Section One: what you need to do to be a Soldier

Here is a guide for everything else you need to know for being a soldier.

Part One: Activity
The way you are most encouraged, and the best way, to contribute is to be active. If you didn't come near the forums, or talk/respond to members often, but are very active, you will hear no problems about it. This clan's blood is in activity, and you guys are the liver/bone marrow. Ok, that was bad. But we need activity, more than anything else. All the little guides, rules, Captain status or others are nothing (!) NOTHING (!) without active Soldiers. The real work is in the clan wars games, and in this I hope we can succeed. Try to stay as active as you can, but we will be sensible. [HR] is very easy to get in (hello, do you remember a tryout?), and we are very lenient on skill level (you will never be flamed, discouraged, kicked), but we are super-strict on activity!

Part Two: Training
Training is another thing you must be willing to go through: which is usually associated with activity. We have Captains in place, whose job is mostly to help/monitor you, and there is a Mentoring Forum with contact points. The Captains and Tac. Leads are here to help. Take advantage of that opportunity this clan gives you.

Part Three: The Forums

KingSpillBlood has auctioned off his arms and legs for the forums provided for you. It is very important that you flip by these forums to greet new members, catch up with old ones, and just for goofing off. We at [HR] love to mess around, so post up goofy topics, or maybe post YouTube.com videos, or just about anything. Also, go to the replay forums provided to post replays for help, there is a mentoring forum, an inactivity forum, and there will be much, much more added on. There is an extensive strategy section/help lined up look to these for any needs.

Part Four: Sportsmanship

You are the main picture of how [HR] acts. People look on you to uphold the standards laid out for fair games. Don't dodge, flame, or do anything else stupid. Do, however, look out for other clan mates if they are getting flamed (just don't get into a flame war, but there is nothing wrong for standing up for others). Fight until the end of the match, the best you got, say gg, or wp, and do the stuff respectable cw'ers do. Its really not that hard, and people want to play with you more.

Section Two: Captain/Soldier Relationship

Part One:
The Strongest Bond in [HR]

The Captains are Soldiers who give back to the Clan, in the same way staff members give back to Gamereplays. They are personal Strat Mods, Replay Reviewers, and have mini-news posting gigs. They received their position by superior gameplay, attitude, and wanted to give back. A Captain takes charge of Soldiers for training of any sort, and works out problems they have with their game, just about anything they can. It can be rather hard on players too keep up activity and the demands of their Soldiers, so give them respect. In return, they will serve our mini-community.

You should not have any problems with Captains, but if anything is bothering you PM a Tac. Leader, or Darth.

Subject to change and adding on as time passes. If you have any comments or questions on format/text please PM KingSpillBlood so he can eat your heart out with a spork for not liking his pr0 guide. Jk, just PM him.

This post has been edited by ^AfterLife^ Dwarf KiNG: Aug 13 2007, 23:52 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)