# 3kustodian Nov 5 2009, 01:06 AM
QUOTE(12azor @ Nov 5 2009, 01:36 AM) *

Solid guide.

Nice to hear it smile.gif

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 4N4iL Nov 5 2009, 12:01 PM
maybe if u say that she can fulfill multiple roles show us the skill- and itembuild of the carry-andro.

also mention counter warding when roaming. btw the (questionable) totem is now called "sheepstick".

besides that it`s okay.

+
# 512azor Nov 5 2009, 14:23 PM
I thought of one thing - you can use the Armour Reduction spell to gain LoS of areas - its a nice useful trick as you can do it up/over hills/trees etc. or to check things like Keeper of the Forest eyes or the enemy team Kongoring.

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6KissKiss Nov 5 2009, 15:55 PM
Aye, sometimes worth getting one level in it at instead of stats at level2 or 4.

Great guide.

+
# 7L3g3nd4ry Nov 8 2009, 09:02 AM
Good guide, I get void stone just so you pwn at swapping + stats smile.gif

+
# 8BeastN Dec 18 2009, 16:48 PM
Actually i dont agree at all. This strategy takes away one of her most usefull skills; Aurora.
Alot in the game is based on armor and this ability removing it (it can allso be used to explore, interrupt heals etc). And i would say she could be played as a high damage dealer aswell, if you doesnt go barrier idol (?) after assassins shroud and aiming for more armor reducing items like shieldbreaker (or demonic if you prefere), you could gett a massive dps. Followed by a lifestealing item (i prefer whispering helmet because of getting symbol of rage if the game will go that far) you get an completly independant hero that could win many 1v1 fights and in 5v5 fights controlling the whole opponent team. Thx for reading wink.gif

+
# 912azor Dec 18 2009, 17:16 PM
QUOTE(BeastN @ Dec 18 2009, 17:48 PM) *

Actually i dont agree at all. This strategy takes away one of her most usefull skills; Aurora.
Alot in the game is based on armor and this ability removing it (it can allso be used to explore, interrupt heals etc). And i would say she could be played as a high damage dealer aswell, if you doesnt go barrier idol (?) after assassins shroud and aiming for more armor reducing items like shieldbreaker (or demonic if you prefere), you could gett a massive dps. Followed by a lifestealing item (i prefer whispering helmet because of getting symbol of rage if the game will go that far) you get an completly independant hero that could win many 1v1 fights and in 5v5 fights controlling the whole opponent team. Thx for reading wink.gif

Why though? There are numerous other heroes who can put out more DPS and are better at doing so - Andro is good in a ganking/roaming role.

+
# 10BeastN Dec 19 2009, 18:56 PM
QUOTE(12azor @ Dec 18 2009, 17:16 PM) *

Why though? There are numerous other heroes who can put out more DPS and are better at doing so - Andro is good in a ganking/roaming role.

Sure, but thats the way i play her, you can still gank with her, but you can allso "solo-gank" people more easily. I'm only saying there's another option.

+
# 1112azor Dec 19 2009, 19:01 PM
QUOTE(BeastN @ Dec 19 2009, 19:56 PM) *

Sure, but thats the way i play her, you can still gank with her, but you can allso "solo-gank" people more easily. I'm only saying there's another option.

Yeah but I think thats a worse option.

+
# 12L3g3nd4ry Dec 19 2009, 21:58 PM
I would level aurora once just to deny hp and mp early game tongue.gif

+
# 13kustodian Dec 20 2009, 02:22 AM
QUOTE(BeastN @ Dec 19 2009, 19:56 PM) *

This guide is written towards competitive play and if you are playing a pub game, it's not very easy to play here like this. That's why you probably don't like it.

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 14evotech Dec 20 2009, 02:25 AM
"*Usage: This is a mediocre skill which as has a small damage and a few nice debuffs to the enemies in a line. If casted correctly, it can be quite effective late game, although the damage really doesn’t do much, the negative armor and base damage make the skill possibly worth getting depending on the team you are facing."

DURRRRRRR

Nt only is the -armor awesome, but it can be used to scout for counter ganks before you move in and see past towers before going in

Aurora is a skill that can just brilliantly supplies other heroes spells, like pestilence, demented, pred, succubus etc

Learning to use aurora often and efficiently is key

This post has been edited by evotech: Dec 20 2009, 02:29 AM

+
# 15Maru Dec 25 2009, 17:55 PM
Thanks for this guide. Im new to the game its really useful.

Lol 3,333 posts from evotech

This post has been edited by TheGenera1': Dec 25 2009, 17:56 PM

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 16BeastN Apr 6 2010, 06:27 AM
QUOTE(evotech @ Dec 20 2009, 03:25 AM) *

"*Usage: This is a mediocre skill which as has a small damage and a few nice debuffs to the enemies in a line. If casted correctly, it can be quite effective late game, although the damage really doesn’t do much, the negative armor and base damage make the skill possibly worth getting depending on the team you are facing."

DURRRRRRR

Nt only is the -armor awesome, but it can be used to scout for counter ganks before you move in and see past towers before going in

Aurora is a skill that can just brilliantly supplies other heroes spells, like pestilence, demented, pred, succubus etc

Learning to use aurora often and efficiently is key

My point exactly.

+
# 17WigglyFace Feb 15 2011, 20:09 PM
QUOTE(BeastN @ Dec 18 2009, 16:48 PM) *

Actually i dont agree at all.

I also disagree with almost the entire guide for a number of reasons. Wall of text incoming.

Leveling Comet past level 1 early is dumb and here's why:

Look at the scaling on Comet. What changes as you level it? The mana cost and the damage. Sure the damage is good, but the stun duration never changes. Ever. What is the most important part of Comet in early ganks? The stun. HP pools are low and you don't need the kill anyway. The carry does. Additionally, the mana cost scales terribly for what you get. Lets compare it to a similar nuke, Moon Beam.

Comet:
Mana cost: 95/110/125/140
Damage: 100/175/250/325
Stun Duration: 1.75 seconds at all levels
Cooldown: 10 seconds at all levels

Moon Beam:
Mana cost: 90/100/110/120
Damage: 75/150/225/300
Stun Duration: 0.6 seconds at all levels
Cooldown: 6 seconds at all levels

It is fairly obvious that Comet is more functional as a long duration stun than as a nuke, as most ganks don't last more than the ten seconds required to cast it twice and get a useful amount of damage, while Moon Beam is more functional as a nuke, since it is useful to get in a good amount of damage to initiate the gank and also to finish it. Overall, these two heroes have much different roles, Moon Queen being a semicarry with ganking potential and Andromeda being a roamer/ganker/warder. As such, Andromeda doesn't need to be a nuker in ganks, since assist gold is enough to keep wards up, as much as she needs to get a big stun down, then make it easier for the other person in the gank to kill the target. Now, on to how this can be accomplished more efficiently.

Aurora/Dimensional Link. These skills are absolutely the bread-and-butter of Andromeda's non-ult abilities. Generally, when going into a gank before level six, she needs to stun the target, Aurora through them, then start autoattacking, backing off to let the carry get the kill with an auto attack. To this end, taking one point in Comet, then two points in Aurora, then Dimensional Link, then Aurora, then Ult (1/2/2/3/2/4) is a strong build up for ganking between levels 3 and 6. After taking Dimensional Link, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS switch it to Hero Only mode, or you will be pushing lanes when you are in them, which is very bad.

In addition, Aurora reveals the area behind the target. If there is another hero behind the gank target that you didn't know about, especially one that is a good counterganker (pyro, witch slayer, glacius), it's time to turn your ass around and not finish the gank.

Now on to Void Rip, arguable the most useful and unique blink in the game. This skill can do a lot of things, especially when coupled with the vision granted by Aurora. Enemy hero almost dead and juking through the woods? Aurora to find them, Void Rip to get them back to your team. Carry just got jumped on by a gank party? Void Rip them out to save them. You're a ward bitch. You can die. They're a carry, they cannot die. You getting counterinitiated on while you wait for Behemoth's PK to cool down? Blink in your allied Behemoth, who proceeds to stomp and wreck face. Need to tear down some KotF eyes? Have an ally stand by one and you stand by the other. Swap them. Void Rip tears down trees around each target. There are so many ways to utilize this skill that aren't shown in the guide.

The hardest part is to come to terms with Andromeda being a selfless initiator before the teamfight phase. It's absolutely fine to go 0/3/8 with her in the first 20 minutes of the game. During the teamfight phase, unload your skills then body block. Make yourself a target by getting in the face of the enemy carry. Stay alive as long as possible to keep that aura up for your carry, but don't fear dying. When you respawn, buy more wards and place them. If you're lucky, by the end of the game you'll have boots (striders are preferable, and yes I know that this guide was written pre-striders), one or two bracers, and a Staff of the Master. If you're really lucky, you might have a Sheepstick too. If you played Andromeda correctly, you will have placed at least 20 orange wards and probably as many blue wards (more if an invis hero is present on the enemy team).

The things that the guide writer really nailed though:
-Andromeda should buy wards. She doesn't need much in the way of items.
-Andromeda should not be laning beyond level 3.
-Andromeda's luxury items should be geared towards increasing the carries K/D for the game.
-Andromeda does need early mana regen, although I would grab a scarab over a bottle, as she can't capitalize on runes as well as many other heroes. Additionally, the scarab can become a Wind Spirit in the long run, effectively giving her 3 disables (if you count swap) or it can become a Ring of the Teacher, increasing her pushing power post-gank, ultimately becoming a Nome's Wisdom, which further increases pushing.

tl;dr

I realize that I'm resurrecting an old thread about an old guide, but it's missing a very powerful aspect of Andromeda specifically related to the abysmal scaling of Comet, and I couldn't help pointing this out.

+
# 18LukDeRiff Feb 15 2011, 20:20 PM
Well you will be happy to hear that I am writing a new one at the moment smile.gif

(To be fair the guide was up to date when it was published).

+
# 19WigglyFace Feb 26 2011, 16:38 PM
Excellent. Andro is one of my favorite heroes and I would love to see a solid up-to-date guide for her. A lot of people really screw up such a solid support/gank hero by thinking that she's a carry.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)