Heroes of Newerth

Electrician Guide

Did this guide help you in some way?
33.33% (1)
Yes. I like it.
33.33% (1)
No. My build is way better than yours.
33.33% (1)
I'm okay with it. Need some improvements.

Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1HappyGuy Feb 21 2011, 07:40 AM
Happyguy's guide for Electrician

IPB Image

Contents

1.Author's introduction
2.Heroes introduction
3.Skills explanation
4.Skill build
5.Recommended item buiilds
6.What the hell am I suppose to do with this hero?
7.Tips on using these hero?
8.Friends/Enemies of Electrician
9.Credits

Author's introduction
Hi, this is my first time writing this guide. So do keep the english mistakes one side and proceed reading the guide. My ign is "Shah". Read the guide then criticize. So thats all about myself.

Heroes introduction
Electrician is a very situational hero to be pick. It is sometimes seen on the competitive scene and rarely ban for it usefullness. But its one of my favourite heroes to use.

Str Agi Int
23 15 25

Detailed Attributes
Movement Speed 300
Str per Level 2.4
Agi per Level 2.0
Int per Level 1.3

Author's comment: Well, we can see that his strength gain is good which he should be build as a tank. I am going
to explain why.

Skills explanation

Static Grip

IPB Image
The Electrician binds a target in a static grip, preventing them from casting spells, moving, attacking, or using items for a short time. The Electrician is dragged slowly toward the target.

* Type: Magic
* Range: 500
* Radius: 250 / 300 / 350 / 400
* Cast time: 0.3 Seconds
* Mana Cost: 100 / 110 / 120 / 130
* Cooldown: 14.0 Seconds
* Required Level: 1 / 3 / 5 / 7

Activation
Applies Static Grip to target for 2.5 / 3.25 / 4.0 / 4.75 seconds or until spell is cancelled. Deals 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 Magic damage per second to the target.

Static Grip Effects
Revealed

IPB Image

Author's comment: This skill is where your enemy team will hate you. It gives you up to 4.75 sec off disable which is enough to **** the carry up. Shrunken Head will help in teamfights. The down side is that it gives you shitty magic damage. After magic reduction, it will be 200-285 magic damage which is nothing in late-game. During early-mid game, it may hurt the enemy pretty close.

Electric Shield

IPB Image
The electrician uses electricity to create a shield around himself. The shield will negate a portion of incoming damage at the cost of Electrician's Mana.

* Cast time: 0.8 Seconds
* Mana Cost: 20

Activation
While active, applies Electric Shield to self and deals 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 Magic Damage per second in a 300 radius around the Electrician.
Electric Shield Effects

50% of damage taken is subject to negation at the cost of 2 / 1.66 / 1.25 / 0.75 Mana per point of damage.

IPB Image

Author's comment: This skill was meant to make this hero a tank. It absorbs 50% of damage which is wonderful for Electrician. The best part is that it gives a similar effect like Mock of Brilliance execpt the damage smile.gif. The downside is that it takes up a lot of mana which Blood Chalice or Ring of Sorcery or also the 3rd skill that absorbs mana which is really unpredictable will help. Activate this during teamfights at all times!!!!

Energy Absorption
IPB Image
The Electrician discharges energy around him. Nearby enemies are damaged and have their Mana drained. For each enemy with Mana drained, the Electrician absorbs some Mana and gains bonus movement speed.
* Type: Magic
* Radius: 300
* Casttime: 0.9 Seconds
* Mana Cost: 75 / 100 / 125 / 150
* Cooldown: 15.0 Seconds

Activation
Damages enemies in radius for 85 / 165 / 225 / 300 Magic damage, draining 3 / 6 / 9 / 12% of their maximum Mana. Applies Energy Absorption to self for 7 seconds.
If the first target is a Creep, applies 3 initial charges. If the first target is a Hero, applies 5 charges.
Applies one extra charge per additional Creep target and three extra charges per additional Hero target.
Replenishes 12 / 16 / 20 / 24 Mana per charge.

Energy Absorption Effects
+50 movement speed

IPB Image

Author's Comment: Very good skill for farming creeps, running away/chasing , annoying your enemies by taking their mana, getting free mana or simply KSIN your teammate's kill. It has a cooldown of 15 sec and is somewhat spammable because its ability of taking mana and cost.

Cleansing Shock

IPB Image
Electrician shocks a target unit, removing debuffs and increasing movement speed if the target is an ally, or removing buffs and decreasing movement speed if target is an enemy.

* Type: SuperiorMagic
* Range: 600
* Casttime: 0.8 Seconds
* Mana Cost: 50
* Cooldown: 14.0 / 12.0 / 10.0 Seconds
* Required Level: 6 / 11 / 16

Activation

Removes debuffs from target allied unit, or removes buffs from target enemy unit. Applies Cleansed to allies or Shocked to enemies for 5 seconds.
Deals 600 / 800 / 1000 damage to summoned units.
This ability can be boosted by Staff of the Master.
Staff Effect: Causes the shock effect to chain to 2 nearby targets.
Cleansed Effects
{+30,+40,+50}% movement speed initially, decreases over 5 seconds
Shocked Effects
{-40,-60,-80}% movement speed initially, decreases over 5 seconds

IPB Image

Authors comment: This is what makes electrician the electrician. He gives you that charge from his back. It purges which is good against hammerstorm and dark lady. Hellbringer malphas are also affect by the damage given. Use this to chase enemies, help your teammates escape, annoy your teammates by the noise or the enemy. This skill is also spammable at the right time. It goes through magic immunity so you can tell your enemy to sell thier shrunken head smile.gif

Skill build

There a couple of skill build i would recommend.

My personal build

1.Static Grip
2.Energy Absorption
3.Static Grip
4.Energy Absorption
5.Static Grip
6.Energy Absorption
7.Static Grip
8.Energy Absorption
9.Cleansing Shock
10.Electric Shield
11.Cleansing Shock
12.Electric Shield
13.Electric Shield
14.Electric Shield
15.Stats
16.Cleansing Shock
17-25. Stats
Author's comment: OMGWTFBBQ! You are a noob!!! Relax let me explain why. I would like to maximise my disable and nuking power more longer. Thats all. You can use the other build if you like which is the standard build.

Standard Build

1.Static Grip
2.Energy Absorption
3.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
4.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
5.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
6.Cleansing Shock
7.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
8.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
9.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
10.Electric Shield
11.Cleansing Shock
12.Electric Shield
13.Electric Shield
14.Electric Shield
15.Stats
16.Cleansing Shock
17-25. Stats

Authors comment: This is usually the common build for electrician. Get this ASAP against hammerstorm or dark lady. Or hellbringer.

Random build(This does not mean that if you random Electrician, you use this guide. It is something ive notice in some games)

1.Static Grip
2.Energy Absorption
3.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
4.Electric Shield
5.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
6.Cleansing Shock
7.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
8.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
9.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
10.Energy Absorption/Static Grip
11.Cleansing Shock
12.Electric Shield
13.Electric Shield
14.Electric Shield
15.Stats
16.Cleansing Shock
17-25. Stats

Authors comment: Well ive seen some people get electric shield early during level 4 to tank damage quickly but i believe that it will take a lot of mana from you and hence not to be taken in my experience. Feel free to use it if you are against my ideas.

Recommended item buiilds

So i am going to tell you what items i would recommend.

Starting Items

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Author's comment: This items are meant to get blood chalice as a first item.

Mid game

The standard tank item
IPB Image

If they are many magic based attacks
IPB Image

For boots:

For ganking boots:
IPB Image

For pushing and tanking boots:
IPB Image

For those who have pathetic farm or wants to get faster items:
IPB Image

Late game

Standard tank item
IPB Image

To prevent people from ****ing you up:
IPB Image

Viable/Situational Items

Portal Key for good positioning:
IPB Image

Barrier Idol against heroes that spam nuke during teamfights:
IPB Image

To absorb enemy fire:
IPB Image

For tanking power
IPB Image

To prevent people from **** you down
IPB Image

An item that let you spam skills freely and beefs you up:
IPB Image

An item that let you spam skills
IPB Image

A very situational item that helps your team in teamfights
IPB Image

An underused item or an alternative to portal key:
IPB Image

Stormspirt an item that is recently use on Electrician

No-No-No items

You do not need attack/damage items. Your job is to assist.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

What the hell am I suppose to do with this hero?

Your hero role is to absorb damage like a tank with the help of Electric Shield and to purge enemies with Cleansing Shock. Keep it mind you are not legionnare. And most importantly play as a role of initiator. This is serious bussiness. Your job is to assist and let the carry kill the most heroes. You also play as a ganker and i mean serious ganking. You can play as a roamer but you do need the level for a powerful skill. Once level 9-10, you should start ganking if you have not started early game.

Tips on using these hero?

I dont have pictures yet. So i going to explain by text. Hopefully i will add in.

Against a lone hero,

1.Grip the enemy
2.Let your teammate rape the enemy
3.Use Energy Absorption on enemy. Dont use this skill to KS.
4.If that enemy still survives,
5.Cleansing Shock and continue rape.

If enemy has a teammate that could stun,

1.Grip that stunner
2.Let your teammate rape the enemy
3.Use Energy Absorption on enemy. Dont use this skill to KS.
4.If that enemy still survives,
5.Cleansing Shock and continue rape.
6.Repeat step 1-5

If enemy has a lot of gay stunners with him, immediately get shrunken head

1.Activate Electric Shield
2.Grip the most dangerous hero that could rape your team.. usually its stunner or hard carry
3.Let your teammate rape the enemy
4.Use Energy Absorption on enemy. Try to get heroes around you to fully maximise the power of Energy Absorption.
5.If that enemy still survives,
6.Cleansing Shock and continue rape.
7. Repeat step 1 - 6

Friends/Enemies of Electrician

Any heroes that can stun or deal damage can be a friend of electrician.
The most common combo is swiftblade and electrician. Grip and spin to death.

Credits

Heroes of Newerth for pictures
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/items.php?sid=9
http://hon.garena.com/heroes/hero_view.php?hid=9
S2 games for making HON
And my ex noob teammates

Changelog:
22/2/2011 - Guide created

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Gameslayer989 Feb 23 2011, 17:39 PM
I can't really comment much on this guide because we definatly play our electricians very differently. I always go a build that you haven't put on your guide, going:
1.static grip
2. energy absorbtion
3. energy absorbtion
4. electric shield
5. electric shield
6. electric shield
7. cleansing shock
8. electric shield
then proceed to max out energy absorbtion then static grip, skipping the ulti till level 14. Why this build? Because electrician is one of the best tanks due to his shield being a built in mock. I dont use my shield to tank, i use it to cause damage. If people don't focus electrician in level 11 teamfights with this build then they will die within 15 seconds due to the aoe DOT alone. You also have to remember that the shield doesn't take up much mana if your using it to cause damage, it can be used even if you have 0 mana. My successes with this build are numerous, and my friends seem to prefere this build too over other builds. My last game ended in this:IPB Image

They had no choice but to focus me due to the amount of DOTs i had, causing vindi to be able to stand in the back hitting for a lot of damage with that masters incantation of his. The amount of money they had to spend on HP items also caused their carries to have to delay their carry items, or else die from my damage. In this case arachna chose to die, a bad decision.
Now, im not saying your way of playing is bad, just that perhaps you should add this one to your guide, as this is another, albeit completly different, way of playing electrician.

This post has been edited by Gameslayer989: Feb 23 2011, 17:46 PM

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 3Otherside Feb 23 2011, 18:17 PM
few things, you got electric shield wrong its

Activation
While active, applies Electric Shield to self and deals 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 Magic Damage per second in a 300 radius around the Electrician.
Electric Shield Effects

50% of damage taken is subject to negation at the cost of 0.5 / 0.6 / 0.8 / 1.33x Mana per point of damage.

this is actually way better than a mock

my build goines

1. static grip
2. energy absorbtion
3. electric shield
4. electric shield
5. electric shield
6. energy absorbtion
7. electric shield
8. cleansing shock
9. energy absorbtion
10. energy absorbtion
11. cleansing shock
12. stats/static grip

with this build you do a ton of damage and tank like crazy with the mana ring, mana ring is prefect for elec, he tanks from his base mana pool which is increased by a ton with this item also the active is perfect for his mana shield as it gives a small boost that can be used to tank more its better than passive regen.

phase or plated
mana ring
helm
mystic vestments

is all you need to tank, then just get whats situational if winning i often get a mock, lots of magic then barrier or lots of physical then frost.

playing him just as a grab then nuke hero is not only boring as hell but its also not using him to his best potential

+
# 4Gameslayer989 Feb 24 2011, 12:49 PM
i would say it's on par with a mock because of the low range, but im glad im not the only one using the shield build smile.gif

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 5HappyGuy Feb 25 2011, 14:10 PM
Ok.. its cool.
Im not from International Hon. Im from garena Hon. we have the same patches and still no 2.0. Soon at March.

My build is just an introductory.
We play differently.
Thanks for the comments.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)