RotWK Unofficial 202

FFA Tournament Results

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Excalibur Feb 6 2012, 18:41 PM
Discuss the FFA Tournament Results here!

Game: RotWK Unofficial 202

+
# 2Excalibur Feb 6 2012, 19:57 PM
Just noticed, we were 5 players all with different factions!

Congratulations Brice, if you want a prize sig, let me know!

+
# 3Knasī Feb 6 2012, 21:31 PM
Gratz Brice !
Damn that i had to work ;/
My epic drogoth start was fine biggrin.gif

+
# 4djinges Feb 7 2012, 10:56 AM
Gratz to brice!

Why the heck you blacklisted me?

I was on the whole time but i agrred with luke than he can play instead of me. But i still stayed on and was ready to play if one of the others wont show up, i even said that to knas. But then you just started with 5players.

Very sad the organisation not even to write me a message to come.

Are we banned from the current tournament as well?

Djinges

Game: Rise of the Witchking

+
# 5Excalibur Feb 7 2012, 12:08 PM
Djinges,

First of all, you can proceed with your current tournament normally.

Secondly, I would like to say that it's not like we enjoy doing it, right? We already are a small community and every dedicated player that is willing to play is more than welcome to do so. We support this dedication with numerous efforts to boost the activity.

Now, your last post on the FFA Tournament was clearly stating that you won't show up on the Tournament and on my below post I just quoted something so that there won't be any misunderstandings hoping to change your mind as well. Quote was.

Please remember that if one of the players won't show up on the default time stated the player that was absent will be eliminated and will be banned from participating in future Tournaments. The default time is stated on the Tournament newpost.

Link:
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=9024438

On the above link I also encouraged everyone to join the Xfire page we have so that I can just gather every participant. You obviously didn't. You say that you were all the time on. How should I know you were still interested in the FFA Tourney since your last post was the one above? And yes, you were online at that time as Knas` told me but you were not replying. But we waited for 15 minutes before we start in case you do reply and in case more participants show up. But once again with your above post it was clearly mentioning you will just won't play and whether you were online or not just didn't help the situation. And this why we have the Discussions & Sign-up topics on the forums so that we won't rush things before the Tourney.

You see that I really like adding players on the Tournaments as I did with your late sign up on the 1v1 Tournament but we just can't tolerate any more the situation of not showing up on games you signed-up making every Tournament a joke. And this just applies to everyone.

Now maybe you are a bit angry and frustrated with that but don't think that I am not myself. When I have to write the Newpost, arrange my schedule, publish, edit the newpost, manage the sign-ups, create the brackets, update the Tournament Replay Event, create the discussion topics, update the brackets with every game, write, edit, publish the results of the tournaments and even PM players to remind that they have a tourney to play which is something I just shouldn't do since it's your responsibility to know and so on for everything to be done in time, correctly, flawlessly for just for a Tournament that just no one cares and no one shows up, what can I say?

This post has been edited by Excalibur: Feb 7 2012, 12:24 PM

+
# 6djinges Feb 7 2012, 16:34 PM
Hey no i can understand that very good and i also see the problem. With my last post i meant that i would give my spot to luke because he wanted to play and tehre were already 8sign ups and i could do something else as well. i was even on xfire and chattet there with Luke and asked him if he wanted to replace me. So i hope you see that i did bother about the tourney.

The thing i told knas was that he should say something before you start so that i can join if others didnt show up. But this is clearly my mistake as i should have contacted you for this. So sorry for that.

Very bad that this missunderstandig happend but the penalty is just for 2month right? after that i can play again or?

Greets

+
# 7Luke6193 Feb 7 2012, 17:56 PM
he told me i could play instead of him, if i didnt play he would have played, he was online at the time and thought everyone else turne dup so 8 spots were filled. basically he was prepared to play if he NEEDED to, but was supposed to be doing more important stuff, and i offered to take his place as i was online at the time. if he gets blacklisted hes a joke coz we organised it perfectly so i could take his place, he didnt just 'not turn up'.

Clan: Unity`

+
# 8PancakePower Feb 7 2012, 21:29 PM
Joined xfire and the community on there but how do I apply to be in the tournaments and when is the next one going down?

Tom

+
# 9IceVice Feb 7 2012, 22:48 PM
QUOTE(Tomshutt @ Feb 7 2012, 21:29 PM) *

Joined xfire and the community on there but how do I apply to be in the tournaments and when is the next one going down?
Tom

To be announced I suppose! Once there's an annoucement (through a portal post such as this one), it will provide instructions to sign up.

In other news:

Clan: GoF|

+
# 10Excalibur Feb 8 2012, 10:00 AM
I really was hoping that I could cover you absent with Lyke so that we could play the FFA with 8 players as scheduled and everything would be completed normally without any blacklisted players. But I was quite a fool to believe that everyone will show up. And since they did not we have to equally treat every absent player otherwise you understand that everyone is going to complain. And when I say equally, I do mean equally since any signed-up staff members would get blacklisted as well whether it was me, or Forlong or Knas.

Luke, here is the problem. You do not organize things with the participants without informing the Tournament host. Even in that case, you just can't do it unless the Tournament host approves it. Just follow the Tournament's host instructions and you will be out of trouble. Whether the Tournament host gives false instructions or not you are not responsible as long as you do what he says. You would be clear out of any punishment and the Tournament host would be the one who would be exposed.

Anyway, it's not only my call. We looked deeply in this case on the staff forums were we finally concluded blacklisting every absent player for the above reasons as we couldn't take into consideration the replacement since it's not in our Tournament rules.

I am sorry about this misunderstanding as well, I wish things wouldn't get so complicated.

QUOTE(Tomshutt @ Feb 7 2012, 21:29 PM) *

Tom

You just have to look at the Rotwk Home page until a new Tournament is published. Currently, there are no active tournaments to sign-up but possibly may be in the next few days.

+
# 11trucky Feb 8 2012, 15:02 PM
u could've used belfalas! that map is freakin quality tbvh.

congratz to brice, ffa involves more strategy than 1v1/2v2 imo. u were a bit lucky with the map spots (and luke very unlucky!) but knas went out 2nd so wp

surely somebody told the tournament admin that luke was taking the place of djinges...? otherwise why would the admin let luke compete? tongue.gif in my opinion (as rotwk staffer for 2 years) it's harsh on djinges to be banned - you don't have to treat everybody the same: the fact that djinges took the time to find a replacement meant that his place in the tournament was filled. If you'd had 8 players, i guarantee djinges wouldn't be banned because there would be no problem smile.gif the fact is that 3 other guys didnt turn up and didnt find replacements - u can't say djinges deserves the same fate as these guys. I know it's frustrating when ppl don't show up, but don't let your frustrations get the better of your judgement.

hi btw xD sry for text wall, it's not the first wall i've left in this forum lol

+
# 12Brice` Feb 8 2012, 15:49 PM
Thx all

And ye i was lucky in the spot xD
Buuut unlucky for the last 45 min when forlong and luke teamed vs me and when forlong killed my dear sauron cry.gif

About djinges i think you should unban him, he always sign in tournament and he always try to get his games

Game: Contributor Profiles

+
# 13IceVice Feb 8 2012, 20:37 PM
QUOTE(Brice` @ Feb 8 2012, 15:49 PM) *

About djinges i think you should unban him, he always sign in tournament and he always try to get his games

I agree. He isn't the guy who will be like, "lol GR tournaments r a joke I will just not go again lolololo."

He isn't like that.

+
# 14Forlong Feb 8 2012, 23:56 PM
When it comes to serious issues like tourney bans, we have to stick carefully by the rules in order to ensure fairness for all players. I cannot justify reversing Djinges's tourney ban . It looks like what actually may have gone wrong was that Luke was allowed to participate although he had not signed up in time. Such flexibility is not appropriate in organized tournaments.

What ideally would have happened was this would have been organized as a single-day tournament, in which case Djinges could have "un-signed-up" ["YOU MAY UNREGISTER BY CONTACTING THE TOURNAMENT REFEREE AT ANY TIME UP TO AN HOUR BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS"], but this couldn't possibly count and is late for that. But since this was technically a multi-day tournament, it wouldn't matter anyway.

So in order to be fair to the other players who received tourney bans we have to apply it to you as well Djinges, sorry. post-13661-1143531603.gif That said, we hope you'll participate again after the two months are up.

+
# 15ViZ Feb 9 2012, 00:34 AM
Well done brice` smile.gif

I dunno, ffa is very high risk high reward. If your the first person to take out another player and go full out to do so you will most likely win like showed in the ffa tourny I hosted.

However this can backfire by you getting attacked whilst your focusing all your forces on another person.

TBF Djinges should only get a warning as this is his first offence. Anything more is nonsense.

This post has been edited by ViZ: Feb 9 2012, 00:42 AM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 16Luke6193 Feb 9 2012, 18:29 PM
This game could be dead in 2 months, if hes banned it shows the staff are too involved in excerting their imaginary power in the community, and are too narrow-minded to see that banning djinges would be morally unfair, no matter what stupid, unflexible rules were in place. It shows a lack of interest in the survival and activity of the game and is absolutely out of order.

Clan: Unity`

+
# 17trucky Feb 9 2012, 19:31 PM
agreed luke, this to me is a no-brainer. but it'll never convince the staff, all the over-adherence to rules was the reason i left staff. if u can't change 'em, fuck 'em.

+
# 18trucky Feb 9 2012, 19:41 PM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Feb 9 2012, 00:56 AM) *

We have to stick carefully by the rules in order to ensure fairness for all players. I cannot justify reversing Djinges's tourney ban .

I mean, ethically there are so many things wrong with ^this sentence. Firstly it assumes that a rulebook is a better moral code than human judgement. Secondly it assumes that whoever wrote the rulebook was a higher moral being than all who read it. Thirdly it assumes that the rulebook is so extensive that it covers every eventuality. Fourthly it assumes that the notion of justice is dictated by such a rulebook. Fifthly it shows Forlong's lack of individuality in his obliviousness to all of this. Sixthly it is under the illusion that we have to follow the rulebook when we don't. Seventhly it contradicts itself in the use of the word 'fairness' because it is not fair that Djinges has the same ban as the other guys when clearly his case is different.

It is a blind man, an ignorant man, an impersonal man, a lonely man and a lazy man who cannot make decisions without a rulebook. I wasn't under the impression that anybody on staff wanted to be any of these things.

+
# 19IceVice Feb 9 2012, 21:37 PM
Owned.

*sips tea*

Staff members should lean towards fostering the community's stability and happiness. Rules are secondary. Rules are not what hold this game together - the fact that some people still want to play it holds the game together. Thus the goal should be to attract playing. Tournaments are a dandy tool for this. Rules can get in the way.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Feb 9 2012, 21:42 PM

+
# 20Brice` Feb 9 2012, 21:52 PM
having to ban the few active players and the few who sign up for the tournaments is pretty bad yes, and i don't think that banning someone from tournaments or even from gamereplays help to "change the mind of the people"
I don't think banning kaz andy djinges etc will make sure that they will be abble to be there for the next tournaments, i mean comeon we can't predict at 100% if we will be free for play in 15days ,and our real life will always be more important than this game, we can do nothing about this. Planning his life around a video game is pretty sad tongue.gif
Being rude with players will bring nothing good for the futur.

Don't get me wrong, tournaments are great, and the work made by exca forlong and others are great too, but you can't manage this section like you did some years ago, the section is dying...sadly
And about djinges, he was there, just luke asked for play, he just tried to be nice.

Game: Contributor Profiles

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)