Explore GameReplays...

Rise of Legends

Patch 1 is live!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1BHG_Tim May 23 2006, 00:21 AM
Hi all,
Patch 1 is now up! This patch fixes several problems (changelist below), including crashes, pathfinding problems, and performance slowdowns. It also addresses some of the early balance issues.

This patch does not address any of the connectivity problems that some people are experiencing. We take these issues very seriously, and every available resource at Big Huge is working on identifying and fixing these bugs. As has been noted in some of the threads online, connectivity issues in RTS games are complicated, and we want to be sure that we've made things better and not worse before we implement, test, and release those fixes. We appreciate everyone's patience and support as we work to fix the things that hamper the growth of our online player pool.

Thanks!
Tim

FULL CHANGELIST

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a crash when using shift+comma when there were no military units on the map.
- Fixed a crash on maps have large amounts of disabled terrain.
- Fixed a pathfinding issue when units were ordered to attack at max range.
- Fixed a bug in attack-move orders with grunts that was causing a significant performance issue.
- Fixed a timing issue causing some choppy animations for ammo, units and cutscenes.
- Fixed a bug where formations became overly spread out when siege and support were selected at the same time.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to instantly finish actions and create invulnerable units in multiplayer.

Balance Changes:

- The neutral Glass Spire unit Glass Heartseeker has been made more expensive, and the Marid has been made cheaper.
- Cuotl Holy Ark healing power increased at Worship Level 3.
- Cuotl Holy Arks Channel Mine ability now increases the output from mines by +2 at levels 3 and 4 Worship technology.
- Vinci Clockwork Spiders have had their build time increased and their cost raised by 5 Timonium.
- Xil's Sun Blast damage bonus reduced by 25% at all levels.
- Vinci Air Cruiser upgrade cost raised from 4/5 base cost to 6/5 base cost.
- Duration of Vinci Air Cruiser Super Barrage ability reduced to 20 seconds.
- Cuotl Judgment and Divine Power technologies now grant 0/50/150/400 of their respective resource at levels 1-4. This is an increase for Judgment and a decrease for Divine Power.
- Damage done by Cuotl Star Bolt increased by 25% at levels 1-3.
- Cuotl Sun Jaguars now cost 5 energy less.
- Sun Jaguar upgrades to Veteran and Elite have been reduced from 3 times and 4 times the base cost to 2 times and 3 times the base cost.
- Cuotl Scout Eye now has a 20 Timonium ramp cost.

Adjusted unit spacing & formations levels:

- Supply Units do not cram themselves into the "Trample", "Foot", and "Soldier" rows
- Spacing lowered for Cargo Dirigibles, Puzzle Boxes, Holy Arks, Siege Elephants, Dark Walkers, Juggernauts, Caravans
- Glass Cannon, Steam Cannon, Juggernauts, and Sun Cannon moved to "Command" row (with the heroes)
- Land Leviathan, Glass Dragon and City of Vengeance moved to the row behind the "Command" row
- Adult/Elder Golems, Magic Winds, and the Moon Gorilla moved back to the "Command" row
- Moved Air Destroyers/Cruisers, Rukhs, and the Siege Zeppelin behind the normal flying units.
- Adjusted location of the actual Civilian units: Armed Miners to the "Foot" row, and plain Miners to the very back row.

+
# 2-Logic May 23 2006, 00:23 AM
Nice. Should this be pinned?

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Uptown May 23 2006, 00:29 AM
Tim Posts!!!!!

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 4WH_demoneyekyo May 23 2006, 00:31 AM
omfg. where my hotkey fix? 8 week & sitll no fix......................OMFG!!!!!

+
# 5Bridger May 23 2006, 00:33 AM
QUOTE(WH_demoneyekyo @ May 22 2006, 08:31 PM) *
omfg. where my hotkey fix? 8 week & sitll no fix......................OMFG!!!!!

Because it's not a bug, i told you like 8 times. You cannot bind keys to ctrl, shift, or alt, those are SHIFTING keys only, it allows you to have MORE hotkeys than without shifting keys. Yes it would be nice to have more control and maybe change your shifting key, but you seem to be the only one that doesn't want those to be your shifting key.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 6Lombardi May 23 2006, 00:35 AM
Cool, thanks for the update!

QUOTE(-Logic @ May 22 2006, 07:23 PM) *

Nice. Should this be pinned?

Done smile.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7TrueShot May 23 2006, 00:38 AM
wow! Great changes imo. Seems like cuotl got a major boost thumb.gif while vinci experienced a small nerf. Good stuff BHG wub.gif

This post has been edited by TrueShot: May 23 2006, 00:39 AM

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 8WH_demoneyekyo May 23 2006, 00:40 AM
okei, srew the ctl-shift stuff. i could careless.

but i need the numlock side for control group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

numlock is what really hinder me!

+
# 9Bridger May 23 2006, 00:42 AM
So it looks like Cuotl got a few buffs, and vinci got a few nerfs. Still nothing nerfing the proto rush (i don't think it's that OP, even against alin) so it's all and all a pretty conservative patch. I'm glad they arn't going overboard thie time *cough*Maya Super-nerf*cough*

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 10TheGoodEvil May 23 2006, 00:44 AM
Proto nerf is coming later this week.

TGE

Game: Blizzard

+
# 11Slimmer May 23 2006, 01:01 AM
How about lowering Vinci Juggs air attack and Hit points slightly. It also seems like there Firing rate is a lot faster then Sun Idols.

+
# 12Zoth May 23 2006, 01:03 AM
The game looks beautiful and I upped my ragdolls and such but is Physx enabled from this update? If it isn't I can't wait till you guys really make it nicer. buff0mc.gif

+
# 13Schlaghund May 23 2006, 01:13 AM
No changes to Alin? Oh well... I play Cuotl, so this patch looks pretty good to me. biggrin.gif

+
# 14Vesuvius May 23 2006, 01:18 AM
Why was xil's final spell lowered, was it too good at sniping major units?

+
# 15Necrosjef May 23 2006, 02:00 AM
Not really too sure if the balance changes were informed changes or just changing it to what it should be, no changes to Alin which is a surprise.

No connectivity fixes, this is unfortunate. I understand that connectivity is something that can be very difficult to pin-point and actually fix. Its nice to know that BHG have actually acknowledged there is a connectivity problem at the moment and that they are working towards a solution, most RTS devs don't even recognise there is problems with connectivity and blame the customer, nice to see a change in this stereotype.

Not sure if the xil nerf was really necessary, no one really uses him much anyway, this is just gonna be yet another reason to take Czin. Everything else makes sense apart from the fact there are no changes to the Alin, only a few players actually use them online and even fewer are actually any good with them. I think this might be something for the future as from discussions on this forum there does not seem to be a simple solution sad.gif

+
# 16ChoWZa May 23 2006, 02:31 AM
The Alin nerf will be in the next patch.
Theres just so much to nerf they're saving it for a seperate patch.

F'n Alin.

+
# 17GallyX0 May 23 2006, 02:38 AM
So much to nerf in the Alin? I hope you are kidding. Right now I think the Alin need their heroes to have a little bit more HP and I think they need to fix some of the Wealth costs of the units. When Fire Elemental is the counter unit needed for most units its crazy that they cost so much wealth. Either lower their cost or up their effectiveness, cause they are an essential unit for Alin.

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 18ChoWZa May 23 2006, 03:06 AM
They need to nerf the trample damage on the Sand Warden.
He is OP. OPnL even.

Then, they need to nerf evocation, to 1 pack of desert walkers for level 1, 2 packs of desert walkers for level 2,
1 pack of desert walkers and a heart seeker at lvl 3, and 2 heartseekers at lvl 4.

Oh and whats with treasure lvl 4 giving 150/150, I mean...
Isn't that a little high? 75/75 tops, thanks.

Land Lore level 2 showing relics is a little too soon. It needs to be level 3 shows you the relics. I mean if level 1 were to show the relics you would have an already OP civ with more timonium, enough said.

And whats with the military buildings taking more than 2 shots to kill? Why not just make them indestructible? Infact, I think the military circles should have a time limit, NO, even better, after you make 3 units out of one it disappears and you have to rebuild it. YES!

NERF!
NERRRRRFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+
# 19xessos May 23 2006, 03:23 AM
neeeeed riiiight cliiick scroooolllllllllllllll

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 20-Logic May 23 2006, 03:54 AM
QUOTE(xessos @ May 22 2006, 08:23 PM) *

neeeeed riiiight cliiick scroooolllllllllllllll

Agreed. (right aligned for emphasis)

This post has been edited by -Logic: May 23 2006, 03:55 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)