Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

Dutch FI vs German FI

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1iamadams May 31 2006, 01:55 AM
Example of the Dutch FI vs German in QS. A pretty good game.

Attached File(s)
Attached File Josh__Dutch_FI__vs_German_FI.age3rec
Size: 384.2k
Number of downloads: 154
Player Name Side Team
SEScenarioJosh 1
UzuMaki 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2MrZ May 31 2006, 03:26 AM
make sure to fill out all information (including player names) before posting. I did it for you this time.

Clan: LAID

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3iamadams May 31 2006, 23:50 PM
Many thanks and my apologies for not gettin those filled.

+
# 4Adapt Jun 1 2006, 21:51 PM
I intend to watch this just to see what the Dutch FI can do.
I kno that german/brit/port/otto FIs are all good, but i have never seen a dutch one before

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5Keato Jun 2 2006, 11:24 AM
im going to waych it now, i have vsed an otto FI that had 18 spahi in 12 minutes, and let me tell you that guy must have been 2k+, i think his name was _rain or rain_ or what ever, but the otto FI owns. i have a dutch FI in team games, lets you age with 6 banks+ 5 stradiots at 8 minutes, do the 3bank FF but instead of shipping 700 gold ship 600 wood, and build a bank +church, while aging ship religeous freedom and get waardgelders asap biggrin.gif, i like to get to industrial in around 11 minutes with waardgelders and 6 banks, then you have easy over 4K gold by the time you get to indy, i like to get holy roman army+stanhouders

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 6iamadams Jun 2 2006, 13:50 PM
Its' "Rain_" Ive played him, a very good player.

And yea, the Otto FI normally throws alot of spahi at you.

6 Banks and 5 stradiots at 8? hmm, I normally go straight for indy, but play the fort and ruyter card while moving through fort age. I also use only 3 banks, but going 6 banks and 5 stradiots while still getting the same age 4 time of 11 isnt bad, although my version includes more defenses (fort, ruyter card), that build gives you a better eco and some raiding power. Your 6 bank version seems to be a bit weaker early, but stronger later on, not sure. I might try an experimentation of it.

I have experimented with FF + waard, but it just isnt that effective against most oppponents, at least for me it isnt.

This post has been edited by Scenario Josh: Jun 2 2006, 13:52 PM

+
# 7gazza89 Jun 2 2006, 18:09 PM
i like the strategy but one thing which i noticed in your other replay you posted a while back..idle tc! you often had gold and pop spots..i mean you finished the game on 19 settlers eyebrow.gif apart from that tho, i like it, and the 165 ep treasure really owned..just helped you so nicely. and you were unlucky not to get his scout before he finished the tp, but thats how things go

+
# 8Adapt Jun 2 2006, 21:12 PM
well it worked pretty good, im impressed, but the german guy didnt really do an FI. he did a FF, and attacked but he got waylayed by your fortress army and then he never did attack you because of the castle. then he went to industrial to match you

if he had have gone for a straight FI or straight FF he may have done better

the best advantage i see here is that u can get 14 ruyters, which is very nice for defending your cannons

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9.Necron Jun 2 2006, 21:14 PM
Definitely will watch this, just for the Dutch FI. ohmy.gif

+
# 10iamadams Jun 3 2006, 14:02 PM
Yes, my bad, I had intended to mention that he only went semi quick indy after circumstances forced him into it. He more or less went FF, then ran into my defenses and dropped back and went indy. If he went straight indy, it probably would have gone much rougher for me, but thats the point, this is my anti german FF strat and it rarely fails.

As for the TC idle time, yes, I sometimes do that with FI, sometimes I intentionally do it because I need the pop slot and sometimes I am saving the gold for something, other times I just plain forget. Most FI games I do have a low amount of settlers.

Btw, played a few games with darkalbino last night, one game we went double dutch vs a brit and a german, all about the same pr. They went FF War Wagon/Longbow/Falconet combo, very good combo, albino went FF and spammed skirms and ruyter then some halbs, I used this for ruyter, skirms, halbs, heavies. Ended up coming down to me and albino using superior micro to take thier force in a large defensive battle under my fort, but the point was how well this worked with his FF to get mili faster then me to cover us long enough for me to use those age 4 cards.

It was refreshing to see a double dutch strat beat a german/british ff combo. Unfortunatly there was no rec.

I would love to hear more comments on what I might have slipped up on (besides tc idle time) or suggestions of improvement to the strategy.

+
# 11gazza89 Jun 4 2006, 12:57 PM
its a nice strat but im gonna try it, weakness is its very predicatbale by looking at your deck.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)