Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

Force Fire

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Cypher Oct 25 2006, 19:04 PM
IPB Image

This week: Force Fire. Not only useful for China, but there are some things you should keep in mind..

If you press Ctrl and left-click on the ground next to a building or an unit, you will notice that your unit deals more damage. To be exact, it deals 100% more damage, so the damage is doubled.

Have a look at the Screenshot, I circled the area where I shot at - it damaged both tanks at the same time!

It was common to use the so called ForceFire to use with Nuke Cannons, but after a while some Players found out that you could do it as well with other units. It's very common in China Mirrors and is also sometimes used for Gatling Tanks. To spin a Gatling Tank up, simply forcefire on the ground and then use Attack Mode ("A") to kill incoming units - your gatling tank will not have to spin up now and win most battles easily.

It's possible to counter this bug by moving your own units around, but some good Players will still find a way to use it against you. So practice, practice, practice.

I don't recommend to use ForceFire with Scorpion Tanks, as many Players tend to forget about their tanks and then forget to use their Rockets as well. If you use it, you should number them, hit the number twice (to "jump" to them) and then make sure that they fire their rockets on the building / unit as well.

Units which are more useful with Force Fire:
# Rocket Soldiers / Missile Defenders (doubles the damage)
# Terrorists (as their splash damage will kill units which are driving / running away from him)
# Crusaders / Paladins / Overlords / Battle Masters / Scorpions / Marauders (doubles the damage)
# Scud Launchers / Nuke Cannons / Tomahawks / Inferno Cannon (mainly because they rarely hit targets which are moving too fast. They also deal two times the normal damage, but that's secondary)

Specials:
# Gatlings firing on the ground: The gatling cannon will spin up and the gatling will fire at the maximum rate right at the beginning. Very useful against Usa infantry spammers.
# Dragon Tanks should use the Flamewall option, as they will deal more damage in that case.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 2headshotdeluxe Oct 25 2006, 22:42 PM
yes there r many posibilities to use FF, just a little fun thing imo----force fire with flash bangs on china mines clear them in 2 sec thumb.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3Cypher Oct 26 2006, 08:20 AM
That works? Never tested that, cool. biggrin.gif

+
# 4nate1229 Oct 26 2006, 20:26 PM
ff blows if it is used on the corner of a things such as buildings so BEWARE where u force at! tongue.gif

+
# 5.Thoma` Oct 27 2006, 14:53 PM
ye FF is really cool smile.gif gets me out of a lot of trouble sometimes lol

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6Timeline Oct 27 2006, 18:55 PM
Great tip there biggrin.gif, FF can win or lose you the game used well and your got a better chance of winning biggrin.gif

+
# 7-ToM- Oct 27 2006, 22:22 PM
Im so bad at FF, always manage to just miss the tank lol, i need to practise it smile.gif

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 8Cypher Oct 28 2006, 11:26 AM
It's one of the major micro factors in CCG at the moment, which is also a factor why I think that this bug is helpful. It adds more depth to the game.

+
# 9Norbert^ Oct 30 2006, 17:59 PM
QUOTE(headshotdeluxe @ Oct 25 2006, 11:42 PM) *

yes there r many posibilities to use FF, just a little fun thing imo----force fire with flash bangs on china mines clear them in 2 sec thumb.gif

ohmy.gif i didnt know that, thanks for the tip !! smile.gif

+
# 10john87 Oct 30 2006, 19:06 PM
You can ff flashbangs onto grounded nooks to kill them as well. if you ff with migs or raptors then sometimes the missiles will go off target.

+
# 11Merce Nov 4 2006, 06:56 AM
note with FF and usa if you ff close enough to the other side of a building or dock you can hit gats sitting there shooting nooks as a side bonus your unit will not only ff that spot it will also keep moving around the building or dock

skynny taught me that trick wink.gif

+
# 12JohnnyG_ID10T Dec 19 2006, 09:50 AM
Dont forget the power of FF on ground units, when using air units.

For example, grab 4 migs, and FF on a bridge. They will create the Firestorm (even better if u have done the Black Napalm upgrade), then just keep feeding that fire. Stops traffic over the bridge, and controls a choke point! wink.gif

+
# 13Predaturd Aug 30 2007, 15:37 PM
does this work in zero hour too?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 14steakmeat Aug 31 2007, 00:59 AM
No it does not.

+
# 15ReLaX Nov 13 2008, 11:04 AM
So FF itself does not double the damage on one tank.
Its only useful if two are next to each other, is that correct?

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 16-Chemical- Nov 13 2008, 12:42 PM
No, it double the damage if its a perfect FF shot AND hits units next to each other...

+
# 17ReLaX Nov 13 2008, 12:55 PM
Okay, thats absolutely insane.

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 18Herr_General Nov 15 2008, 09:41 AM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 13 2008, 12:04 PM) *

So FF itself does not double the damage on one tank.

it does

QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 13 2008, 12:04 PM) *

Its only useful if two are next to each other, is that correct?

nope. It works on one tank too, or on one building. The trick is to shoot right next to it, not hitting it head on but just slightly off with control.

For a nuke cannon for example, it doubles the damage if you do not target a unit head on, but shoot in the vicinity with force fire and hope the army goes the way of the shot.
Since theres a delay in the shot of a nuke cannon and you normally interpret the movement of an army, i guess thats where it originated.

The above example is only to illustrate how devastating it can be. If units are right next to each other, you can manipulate it so you do double damage on both tanks. Thats why x orders or keeping your tanks moving is very important in dealing with an opponent who ff's. Since hes effectively targeting the ground, if you move your tanks he doesnt hit them anymore. Thats why its very micro intensive.

Clan: Shield

+
# 19Medihev` Nov 16 2008, 23:04 PM
one mistake:

damage dealt by rockets doesnt deal more damage like most people think, they even deal less damage as they could.
that includes MDs, THs, RPGs, Scudlauncher, Tomahawks, Rocketbuggies and some more

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 20Spell Nov 17 2008, 22:52 PM
isn't it supposed to be bug of the week?
not trying to start a flame war. I just sometimes doubt the realism of a tank doing double damage when missing his target smile.gif

Clan: electronic yakuza

Game: Dawn of War 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)