Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

10/29/2006: Dancing

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Moony Oct 29 2006, 05:37 AM
General Tip #23

Dancing

Oftentimes an MG squad will just barely beat your Riflemen/Volks into a building, soon to unleash hell on your troops. There is a counter, however, that enables your infantry to deal with the garrisoned MG.

Simply dance or strafe the building from one side to the other, back and forth, continuously and never standing still. The main MG dude will constanly change windows to fire at your squad but, due to the deploy and redeploy times, actually never get a shot off. This way, your infantry squad will wear the MG squad down and kill it, or force it to ungarrison and retreat.

With a little practice, you can thus reverse the entire situation of the classic Garrisoned MG ™.

By: Gnug315

This post has been edited by Moony: Oct 29 2006, 05:38 AM

Clan: EPIC

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 2Fought Oct 29 2006, 08:10 AM
top tip. In semois, if an mg beats mine, i normally hit retreat straight away!! And after falling back to the HQ, i send it to the buildings at teh top of the map over looking the strat point.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Utred Oct 29 2006, 08:29 AM
Good tip, I always try to do it.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 4smpl Oct 29 2006, 09:09 AM
It takes a lot of your time though and the opponent could get an advantage by pushing forward at a different place or even kill your engineers elsewhere.

+
# 5Sle Oct 29 2006, 10:37 AM
QUOTE(smpl @ Oct 29 2006, 09:09 AM) *

It takes a lot of your time though and the opponent could get an advantage by pushing forward at a different place or even kill your engineers elsewhere.

Better than nothing if you're caught short though biggrin.gif

+
# 6limyang Oct 29 2006, 12:36 PM
good tip but it needs quite some practice... if you are too far away, it won't be too long till you get suppressed (which is bad news).

and i'd rather sacrifice a engineer squad or two to get that MG dead tongue.gif they're a big nuisance if you don't stop them.

This post has been edited by limyang: Oct 29 2006, 12:38 PM

+
# 7Tae1 Oct 29 2006, 16:31 PM
It's like non garrisoned MG, you have to 'dance' with them and allways trying to flank them, it's the micro question. It's all about micro and dealing with the game situation.

Clan: -MaD|

Game: League of Legends

+
# 8Dagnarus87 Oct 29 2006, 16:54 PM
this would be alot easier if shift-click commands worked better. It seems to work in some situations but in others it just plain doesn't.

+
# 9xsoldier Oct 29 2006, 19:12 PM
indeed thumb.gif

This post has been edited by xsoldier: Oct 29 2006, 19:15 PM

+
# 10Gerbil Oct 29 2006, 20:56 PM
Shift click does work, just make sure you click out an explicit path for the rifles to go in. I usually use shift click for one or two way points, quickly shift gears and take care of any macro that needs to be done, and then continue microing the rifles. In a small building, the MGs will die fairly quickly so it is advantageous to put effort into it. I used this on a guy who apparently never saw it, he called me an "exploiter". "Oh my god, they're moving around so I can't shoot them because my MGs are too slow, EXPLOITER".

+
# 11nrr Nov 1 2006, 04:01 AM
I did some dancing once and exploited this girl afterward, but I think that was a little different.

+
# 1253rdpanzergruppen Jul 13 2007, 23:58 PM
This is precisely why you should attach snipers to your MG squads. Losing an MG squad costs more than building an extra sniper, because you also lose the point they were covering. It may delay expansion, but it's better than falling victim to this stupid trick.

+
# 13ritterkreuz21 Aug 5 2012, 22:49 PM
QUOTE(53rdpanzergruppen @ Jul 13 2007, 23:58 PM) *

This is precisely why you should attach snipers to your MG squads. Losing an MG squad costs more than building an extra sniper, because you also lose the point they were covering. It may delay expansion, but it's better than falling victim to this stupid trick.

A sniper will not be able to stop a rifle charge if the MG has not yet setup in the building or facing another direction. At best he can take 2 men, before the rifle is close enough to circle the building. Add to the equation nade and/or bar and ur sniper is as dead as his fellow MG-men...

+
# 14Iskierka Aug 6 2012, 11:44 AM
You necro'd the whole general strategy forum, which was kinda cool.
But dude, this thread is 5 years old laugh.gif it's a tip from 2006, most of those ain't relevant anymore.

OT: The post above yours was talking about putting a sniper + mg into a building.
That way, the snip will shoot constantly at a rifle which is circling the building to prevent the mg from opening fire.

This idea isn't the best probably, as you mentioned yourself.
Sniper's don't belong into buildings imo, only in rare cases.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)