Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

#55 [1.2] Sepha (Armor) Vs Ahenian (Terror) GOLD!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Vitensby Nov 1 2006, 08:33 AM
Hey Guys!

Im very excited to present this match to you. This features two friends of mine, Sepha and Ahenian, battling it out in the Big Time Tournaments CoH Finals.

To begin to describe this Epic Match in this post, which was voted a Gold Replay, is a bit daunting but I shall do my best.

I think Sepha said it best, when he stated, that he had 2 quad cal halftracks and 3 M8's out on the field before Ahenian had a sturm armory up.

Ahenian makes a crazy comeback, which is always the best part of any match, and the game continues with massive amounts of tank battles and Infantry skirmishes.

There are plenty of twists and turns and the winner of this match will probably surprise you.

GG both players!

Vitensby

Heres the link to the Origional Topic:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/Sepha...an-t153414.html

Heres a few of my recent screenshots that I think are quite amusing:

Some guy tries to demo rush me and fails, leaving behind a special present

If i only had a Panzerfaust

Ostwind Craters

This post has been edited by Vitensby: Dec 28 2006, 06:20 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File SephaVsAhenianGold.mp3
Size: 5.31mb
Number of downloads: 1379

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Anik3tos Nov 1 2006, 10:53 AM
Yes, my patiance have payed off didn't watch it because I was waiting for a shoutcasts! thum.gif

Going to watch it as soon as I get home thumb.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3SKiNG Nov 1 2006, 14:41 PM
amazing

nice cast buddy

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4chitlin Nov 1 2006, 14:42 PM
Too bad for sepha he had the early win. All he had to do is send both quad halftracks instead of one raiding and it was over.

Also correct me if im wrong but it sounds exactly like youre using teamspeak with the standard codec. Seems like you create a channel and use the default settings.. if thats true thats a big mistake because it is very low quality. Use the speex 24 khz or w/e its called. What I really suggest is ventrillo.. thats assuming it isnt a low quality mic / soundcard issue.

+
# 5Sternhelden Nov 1 2006, 15:32 PM
OMG I've been waiting for this for so long!

Thanks Vitensby.

Another awesome AC! You have improved a lot especially this time you didn't miss anything significant, every action was commented.
I'm sure all of us can learn something from it.

This post has been edited by Sternhelden: Nov 1 2006, 17:09 PM

+
# 6hypo Nov 1 2006, 19:43 PM
Great job smile.gif

+
# 7Capt Buttkick Nov 1 2006, 20:47 PM

THanks for the informative shoutcast, helps a new player like myself immensely. Gratz to both players on a well fought match too, entertaining stuff all round smile.gif

+
# 8DaCheeseMan Nov 1 2006, 21:06 PM
Great AC! thumb.gif

+
# 9Anik3tos Nov 1 2006, 21:24 PM
Man what a shame Sepha didn't watch the VP with 1 engineer he could have taken them all back in the mid game when he was base raping Ahenian.

+
# 10Vitensby Nov 1 2006, 23:07 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys! Im really happy you enjoyed this one!

In response to chitlins comment on the low quality issue.

I record all my audio commentaries through the program Home Studio 2, the same program I use to record my music. The sound quality and mic quality is excellent, as you can best know by listening to Tales of Heroes.

However, When I convert the file to a .wav from the basic HS2 file, if the game is over 40 minute, the file ends up being around 700 MB at full quality. If I convert that to an MP3 at even 24kbit, the bit rate is too high to meet the 8MB max upload that this site provides. Therefore I have to encode at 16kbits to meet the requirements and often the sound becomes a bit fuzzy and distorted.

That is the situation, and I do not want to upload it to another site. So if the games are shorter, which they usually arnt, then the file can be better quality.

Thanks for the feedback,

Vitensby

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 11Dark MadMax Nov 2 2006, 02:39 AM
Great thanks for awesome AC for awesome game

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 12nolove247 Nov 2 2006, 04:12 AM
Yes Vitensby, it's quite the situation having to downgrade files just to get them on here. GR mods need special upload limit privleges pirate.gif

+
# 13Ahenian Nov 2 2006, 06:24 AM
Just try compressing into 20 kbit quality then. Not as good as 24, but not as shitty as 16.

+
# 14chitlin Nov 2 2006, 12:03 PM
You should just do it exatcly as ahenian does ^^
He manages to get good quality and meet the filesize.
Ask him how he does it or maybe just use teamspeak. That puts out a small .wav that when coverted to mp3 is quite tiny.

+
# 15Janos Nov 4 2006, 15:27 PM
Aahhh great!
Watching replays is fun, but listenig to some guy commenting the whole scenario makes it even more entertaining. Your efforts are really appreciated, keep ´em coming thum.gif

This post has been edited by Janos: Nov 4 2006, 15:30 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 16Dead_Like_Me Nov 13 2006, 13:52 PM
Vitensby although its great that you work to bring us shoutcasts
but i think that you are missing something.
bridger has a lot of excitement and you for exchange are just reading it like you are in a news broadcast. very seriously and we need somebody like bridger who both give a good job of commentary but with admiration and opinion.

try using different tunes but understandable ones biggrin.gif

+
# 17KlausNicht Nov 15 2006, 23:27 PM
Nice call. Great advice and strategic awareness. Please put your skills into a word file so i can download it into my brain.

P.S. all you need is a sexy co-host(female) and youll be fine. wink.gif

+
# 18Hydrogen Nov 26 2006, 03:09 AM
Hey guys, we need a way to tell which version these replays are.

+
# 19KillerStealth Nov 26 2006, 17:10 PM
QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Nov 25 2006, 10:09 PM) *

Hey guys, we need a way to tell which version these replays are.

I'm sorry guys Im new here, but I can't seem to download any replays at all. All I can download is QuickTime Audio Commentarys. Can someone tell me how I can download the actual replay since it's not working for me.

The other attachement I see on these threads is a RealPlayer file that I do not have the update to, but I assume it's another AudioCast.

+
# 20nathones Dec 5 2006, 07:12 AM
what version of COH is this?

The game doesn't recognize the game in the playback folder. I have COH 1.3 and I wanna watch this replay sad.gif

Is there anyway I can view this replay?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)