Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

11/6/2006: Hiding

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Moony Nov 5 2006, 23:43 PM
General Tip #29

Hiding

Hiding is an important part of warfare. As Sun Tzu states, when badly outnumbered, avoid the enemy entirely. In CoH, hiding can be used effectively against your enemy for example when you have decapped an opponent's point, but know he has dispatched troops to deal with you. Instead of trying to cap the point too, in the middle of enemy territory, run off with your units and hide in the corner. You will see that your enemy has defended the point when it starts blinking again as he captures it. Then, when he has done so, and most likely moved on, return your sneaky little squad to the point and decap it once again.

Prime examples would include the two corner medium munition points on Semois, but almost all can be used like this in some way or the other.

By: Gnug315

Clan: EPIC

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 2Begs Nov 6 2006, 00:54 AM
Works well in lorraine, excpecially by the top medium fuel point for axis.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3END3R Nov 6 2006, 01:13 AM
Works great in Angoville too for Axis. Keep an extra MG squad in the corner of the high munitions points on either the west or east side. Decap the strategic points, then run back to the corner and set up the MG squad so its line of sight pretty much lays on the edges of the map, whats great is that you cover that whole portion and can't be flanked by just one squad.

*EDIT Typo
*EDIT EDIT I suck at spelling

This post has been edited by END3R: Nov 6 2006, 01:16 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4Sully411 Nov 6 2006, 06:25 AM
QUOTE(Begs @ Nov 5 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Works well in lorraine, excpecially by the top medium fuel point for axis.

Yeah that's a nasty one. tongue.gif

+
# 5generaloctavian Nov 6 2006, 17:29 PM
works well in matches. i use this tactic often.

+
# 6NuvioN Nov 7 2006, 21:58 PM
with the Mg placement guide read thrughly i find mg's undefetable
especialy when i have my bike scouting for them
i <3 bikes

back to the topic: i always take the left side in angoville, and on the right i anoy him with my bike/pioneers, while he is builsy dealing wih them i sneak up an MG into that northest house(i <3 it) and decap that SP with my volks, so no fuel for him( i also take his fuel near his base)
but then im vunerable in the west, thats where the hidin comes, i always move my mg 1ce its seen by the enemy, and well it works great, especialy if the mg is hidden in the large bushes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)