Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

11/7/2006: One-Way Door

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Moony Nov 7 2006, 04:20 AM
General Tip #30

One-Way Door

Barbed wire plays a crucial role in CoH, used to prevent enemy access to critical areas or thru chokepoints. There's a little detail you might not be aware of, tho: because you can delete your own barbed wire at any time (simply select it and hit the delete key), it really acts as a one-way door.

This is why you'll occasionally see good players wire off the same chokepoint; if the passage is already blocked to the second player, he might as well deny the first one this luxury.

By: Gnug315

Clan: EPIC

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 2JunkFood Knight Nov 7 2006, 05:06 AM
good tip! smile.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Gerbil Nov 7 2006, 05:23 AM
This tip will not be valid in the next patch! Enjoy it while you can.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4Holnist Nov 7 2006, 05:55 AM
QUOTE(mallow005 @ Nov 7 2006, 01:23 AM) *

This tip will not be valid in the next patch! Enjoy it while you can.

Why wont barbed wireing chokes be valid in the next patch? I saw no adjustments to wire. I thought tank traps might be fixed but wire? Are you talking how you wont be able to delete your own wire? If so, I havent heard anything on this unless its speculation.

+
# 5total90 Nov 7 2006, 07:39 AM
But if u can delete it without anything required, its a bit unrealistic
at least make a sqaud of troops to destroy it or something

+
# 6WISE Architect Nov 7 2006, 11:02 AM
Heehh i didnt knew about this!!!

Gnug you rule thum.gif

Clan: [Wise]

+
# 7SOPSCompy Nov 7 2006, 13:09 PM
I only saw that you couldn't delete your HQ...

Clan: Volksgrenadier Squad

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 8haido Nov 7 2006, 18:38 PM
Yeah. . . I use this all the time. To strike in unexpected areas. This is a Must know for players on Vire River Valley.

+
# 9hairysmurf Nov 8 2006, 18:28 PM

if i draw a box from barbwire is there some way of doing it so that my engineers DONT get stuck inside the box? My engs get stuck half the time and its stuupid. so if theyre going to fix the delete barbwire-thing, which logically sounds silly, then Id really like to know how to build the barbs properly.

+
# 10Tae1 Nov 8 2006, 18:45 PM
Oh lol I didn't know this. Really helpful! Basic things that we all should know. tongue.gif

Clan: -MaD|

Game: League of Legends

+
# 11SALUKI Nov 8 2006, 22:22 PM
Nice, i didnt know why in replays players would barb wire off a choke point when their opponenet had already wired it off. Now i know biggrin.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 12Gnug315 Nov 9 2006, 13:08 PM
QUOTE(hairysmurf @ Nov 8 2006, 08:28 PM) *

if i draw a box from barbwire is there some way of doing it so that my engineers DONT get stuck inside the box? My engs get stuck half the time and its stuupid. so if theyre going to fix the delete barbwire-thing, which logically sounds silly, then Id really like to know how to build the barbs properly.

Yes. Do most of the work, then shift-queue them to walk outside the box, then shift-queue the last wire. It only needs to be done once (ie. no babysitting). They should end up on the outside if the approach is clearly from that side.

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 1353rdpanzergruppen Jul 14 2007, 00:25 AM
As of patch 1.7, you can still scuttle your own barbed wire. So much for "oh no's this won't be valid next patch!!!!22four". 8 months later.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)