Company of Heroes

Morning Glory (1vs1)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41ShizzlePizzle Nov 28 2006, 22:42 PM
QUOTE(HansMoleman @ Nov 28 2006, 11:20 PM) *

I think your comparing this map too closely to the official ones. IMO noone is going to reach that level of balance/visuals/design in the community, and we shouldnt expect them to.

The Issues I mentioned about this map has nothing to do with the original ones. This was his first coh map so hes learning.
Chokepoints can be easily fixed in a new map, cut off points can be adjusted in his new map, and the too many buildings issue and the too small issue too.
You shouldnt describe every map that plays quite ok, looks nice as, OMG AWESOME MAP!!!11 cos it needs improvement, and it doesnt improve (same issues in next map) if you say that about every map that is worth 6-7/10 . I expect pple to do the same with my map, if it has issues.

+
# 42tybalt33 Nov 29 2006, 11:37 AM
QUOTE(HansMoleman @ Nov 28 2006, 11:20 PM) *

I think your comparing this map too closely to the official ones. IMO noone is going to reach that level of balance/visuals/design in the community, and we shouldnt expect them to.

I think the community has a better understanding of what is fun than the official designers. ;-)

I enjoyed Henry's maps in AoW more than the official ones. :-)

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 43DaBiggy Nov 29 2006, 21:15 PM
Great biggrin.gif
Henry is mapping again, and it seems, that he even got better than in AoW smile.gif
I Liked your Maps at AoW alot, and thisone is a good Copy of BridgeToFar from AoW.

As Brdige is in AoW the map with the fastest End, because u can rush there great, this Map show the diffrence between those Games.
want to see more Copy's of old AoW Maps smile.gif

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 44henry666 Nov 29 2006, 21:31 PM
QUOTE(DaBiggy @ Nov 29 2006, 10:15 PM) *

...want to see more Copy's of old AoW Maps smile.gif

Hey some old AOW mates smile.gif, I`ll see what I can do about taking some good maps from aow to coh ....

+
# 45tybalt33 Nov 30 2006, 18:18 PM
Yeah, believe me, I still play some AoW casually and it is always on a Henry666 map. :-)

Anyway, good to see you in CoH, making maps. Can't wait to see what you are up to.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 46Centurio24 Dec 3 2006, 11:19 AM
Nice Map dude, but unfortunately another I found another bug:

My intention was to upgrade the church in the city to barracks. This worked fine, but I was NOT able to build any unit there smile.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 47henry666 Dec 3 2006, 22:00 PM
QUOTE(Centurio24 @ Dec 3 2006, 12:19 PM) *

Nice Map dude, but unfortunately another I found another bug:

My intention was to upgrade the church in the city to barracks. This worked fine, but I was NOT able to build any unit there smile.gif

yeah, someone else mentioned that this is bugged, maybe because the church is from a single player mission, dunno, anyway, once we get our hands on working .sga`s I`ll release an updated version of the map with some other bugfixes too. ATM I focus on my new map. But thanks for the feedback...

+
# 48Centurio24 Dec 5 2006, 10:02 AM
Great, I am looking forward to your maps!!

+
# 49platoon Sep 16 2011, 17:49 PM
Hi henry666, nice map ..

What about more maps like this ?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)