Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

More food for thought

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EPIC Perfection Jun 20 2005, 12:16 PM
Wow, victoire is awesome.

The strat is make 2 peasant bats and creep and bug you and stuff. Then 1 rohirrim, theo, archer bat then ents.

I think gondor needs to go back to statues just to get gandi out fast enough, or just 2 knights.

I'll post 2 games to show you what i'm talking about. Also let me know if you think 1 of them might be gold, then i'll get it reviewed.

Attached File(s)
Attached File perfectionvsvictoire.zip
Size: 37.7k
Size (unzipped): 113.12k
Number of downloads: 62
Player Name Side Team
[aFr]Victoire 1
POW|Perfection 2
Attached File perfectionvsvictoire2.zip
Size: 19.43k
Size (unzipped): 56.67k
Number of downloads: 49
Player Name Side Team
[aFr]Victoire 1
POW|Perfection 2

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Lolindir Jun 20 2005, 17:13 PM
Go for 2 knights, then statues, for a fast Gandy, will work at most games, Versus FoL shields aint needed that bad in early mode, if your facing FoD you gotta get fast shields to stand a little longer from both pikes and arrows.

If you have Gandy, his ents SHOULD be no more, and Gandy will rank up a bit. His rohirrim will not have Fire arrows, nor to big, therefire Wizard Blast em if they come near to Gandy and make him suffer a big loss so he got to retreat to his castle.

Game: Graphics

+
# 3sildegil Jun 20 2005, 18:29 PM
QUOTE(Lolindir @ Jun 20 2005, 06:13 PM)
Go for 2 knights, then statues, for a fast Gandy, will work at most games, Versus FoL shields aint needed that bad in early mode, if your facing FoD you gotta get fast shields to stand a little longer from both pikes and arrows.

If you have Gandy, his ents SHOULD be no more, and Gandy will rank up a bit. His rohirrim will not have Fire arrows, nor to big, therefire Wizard Blast em if they come near to Gandy and make him suffer a big loss so he got to retreat to his castle.

thum.gif banana.gif thum.gif

Hehe, i hope you learned something new from this guy, Perfection !!!?? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by sildegil: Jun 20 2005, 18:31 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Lolindir Jun 20 2005, 19:26 PM
QUOTE(sildegil @ Jun 20 2005, 08:29 PM)
thum.gif  banana.gif  thum.gif

Hehe, i hope you learned something new from this guy, Perfection  !!!??  tongue.gif

banana.gif wtf? lol, yeah, that BO owned in ancient days, with the patch 1.0, Soooo fun to Gandy Rush smile.gif. It works really well nowadays also bec Gandy haven't been weakend at all smile.gif

If he doesn't go for an Ent Rush, still go for Gandy, Gandy will be a must in late games (breaching gates) so if you get him in early game it's just an advantage, + he can kill many MANY Rohirrim/Elves and Heroes, will make him stronger by level increasing + gaining a few PP. IF he goes for ents in late game his Rohirrim will always be near ent moot to protect it, thefore leave your base and LS his gate and attack with ALL your knights, It take longer time for Ents to get into your base than Gandy breaching his gate, therefor - GG, and you are the winner smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lolindir: Jun 20 2005, 19:27 PM

+
# 5EPIC Perfection Jun 20 2005, 19:34 PM
Idk, 3 knights can do so much more then 2 knights. I personally think 2 will let him have alot of map control which causes a really slow gandi and them faster ents. I will try it some more.

+
# 6Lolindir Jun 20 2005, 19:50 PM
QUOTE(EPIC|Perfection @ Jun 20 2005, 09:34 PM)
Idk, 3 knights can do so much more then 2 knights.  I personally think 2 will let him have alot of map control which causes a really slow gandi and them faster ents.  I will try it some more.

Nooo, in FoL games Shields aint needed in early games, therefore 2 battalions is enough, is he is going for archers - he is screwed, is he builds early towers - he is screwed for losing lotsa cash. FoD can build those mini towers for cheap, therefore early shields are needed in games against FoD, in FoL they aren't needed in early games bec of what I said ^ up there.

2 Knights costs 1120 (With 6+ Farms)
3 Knights costs 1680 (With 6+ Farms)

Rohan, ithe Horse Lords of Middle Earth is well known, but they have tweaks as all armies, their economy is less good (it even suck), if he is going for a greater Rohirrim (like 4+) he is wasting too much cash so Ent Rush will be an Normal Ent, therefore no GREAT use of it, so you do not need more than 2 knights, if ur facing his army, Run For Your Life! You should only creep his farms (will slow down Ent Rush or Greatr Rohirrim), but mostly killing all lairs so he won't get those PP that you need for GtW.

So go for 2 Knights, That is more than enought in most cases (Some really good players go for 1 battalion of knights only for a really fast Gandy), but consequence of that is a less good MC... But if he succeeds to get GtW he has a great advantage. Anyways, go for 2 Knights, use em VERY Wisely and this will be superb, When your economy reaches 2800 tear down 4 of your own building and replace em with statues for a cheap Gandy (4200). Directly when Gandy is recruited, put him on horse, ride down and Breach his gate, also attack with a few Knights (This is not for winning, it is for delaying Rohirrim, Heroes), thereafter Upgrade your Knights, Shields is a must, Forged Blades also, and Heavy armour is most needed, if u reach this point it is definitely GG, if you doesn't make a serie of HUGE mistakes smile.gif

**Edit** Remember to tear down ur statues directly when Gandy has started being recruited and replace with Blacksmiths for cheaper upgrades, some ruins their games bec of not doing this.... But I bet you won't do that mistake **Edit**

This post has been edited by Lolindir: Jun 20 2005, 20:00 PM

+
# 7sildegil Jun 20 2005, 21:17 PM
Lolindir, my previous post was ... sarcastic ...

Please dont take it bad, but Perfection is probably one of the best Gondor (certainly one the best i played) out there. What you were saying are really basic tactics against rohan and, trust me, Perfection knows this for months.

My second point is that i m not sure you saw the replays we are talking about.

To sum it all, what you are trying to explain (i m sure you had good intentions) is like trying to explain to Tiger Wood how to hold his club ...

+
# 8falkern Jun 20 2005, 21:49 PM
lool tiger woods tongue.gif

+
# 9sildegil Jun 22 2005, 09:34 AM
Well, i think at least one of those game worth a watch. I was about to post one of them in the 1vs1 replay board before i saw this post.

But i ve the same prob than perfection: which one ?

Can anyone who saw the replays give us a hint on which one is the more interesting/entertaining?

+
# 10HeartBreakOne Jun 22 2005, 10:28 AM
eny meny miny moe always works nice

+
# 11HERO Jun 22 2005, 13:40 PM
hehe

Ive used statues to get GtW in every one of my Rohan games tongue.gif

Sure beats waiting for 6k

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 12mini Jun 23 2005, 10:51 AM
deso beat me when i did the theo+rohrim then HA to ents, his 3 knights gave him more map control, so i recommend u go 3 knights if he only has 1 rohrim,in that way u can keep map control

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Blizzard

+
# 13EPIC Perfection Jun 23 2005, 11:11 AM
Check out the rec i had more map control then he did but he still got ents extremely fast. It really through me for a loop when i'm still waiting for resources when the ents come. I'm just afraid they will get to my cit before gandi, i don't like getting owned.

+
# 14-ThundeR Jun 23 2005, 11:27 AM
well rohan is stupidly easy to beat with gondor, end of story!!!

forget super fast gandalf there is easier way but I'm not even gonna say cos then gondors will pwn me

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 15EPIC Perfection Jun 23 2005, 16:52 PM
Thx thunder i found it.

You might want to edit your post where you say what the trick is or rohan win % will divebomb.

+
# 16Lolindir Jun 23 2005, 18:49 PM
QUOTE(-ThundeR @ Jun 23 2005, 01:27 PM)

forget super fast gandalf there is easier way but I'm not even gonna say cos then gondors will pwn me

ehm, When I played as Rohan (started to play with Gondor for like a week ago seriously, before that I have been playing with Rohan from Christmas, And 1 THING I do say you, Gondor is easy to beat with Rohan, very easy if you use the right tactic..

+
# 17|elder|NUMENOR Jun 23 2005, 19:26 PM
QUOTE(-ThundeR @ Jun 23 2005, 08:27 AM)

True, the easiest way to beat Rohan is full Soldier Spam with 6 barracks from the start...

j/k w00t.gif

Numenor

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Hardware

+
# 18Lolindir Jun 23 2005, 19:49 PM
QUOTE(|elder|NUMENOR @ Jun 23 2005, 09:26 PM)
True, the easiest way to beat Rohan is full Soldier Spam with 6 barracks from the start...
j/k  w00t.gif
Numenor

Really!? n1qshok.gif

lol, I hope none wont test that 1 tongue.gif, but if his gate is opened he may get some problem with it tongue.gif

+
# 19Reptile^ Jun 23 2005, 20:02 PM
tbh no shields vs rohan = bye bye knights :/ theo + archers own ya knights without shields even though they get owned with shields too but u have more of a chance

This post has been edited by Reptile^: Jun 23 2005, 20:03 PM

+
# 20Elven111 Jun 23 2005, 20:17 PM
Shields aren't always necessary vs Rohan, only if he throws in an HA instead of another Rohirrim which not too many do. And even if they do, then you've just wasted over 1k that you could've put towards Gandy. If I see you have shields, I'll just run away b/c by the time you get them out, all the creeps are basically gone and you've just bought a useless upgrade until when I break down your walls and you come back to make your last stand.

As far as Gondor being easy to beat with Rohan, it all depends on how fast you creep. Yesterday I played a game on Fords as Rohan w/ my opponent as Gondor and managed to get every creep except one and that was only cause his last surviving knight managed to get the last hit. But I still can't believe how many Gondors I see going fast upgrades, whether it's just blades or all of them. It actually pains me to see it b/c it's such a critical mistake, so just before the game ends I try to explain it to them. smile.gif

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)