Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

[Guide]:Worldbuilder(Updated Territories Guide)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Supaunknown Dec 20 2006, 01:24 AM
This small guide is copied and pasted from relicnews forums.

ORIGINALLY MADE BY NOBODY. Yes that's his name.
I know we already had a tutorial like this, but the one was not updated and still talked about drawing territories blindly, but obviously that is not the case now. smile.gif

You dont use territory markers !

you "paint" territory
IPB Image

First open the territory menu (button "ter")
then click "calculate voronoi"
then click "overlay/toggle show territory"
IPB Image

click "overlay/draw overlay map/draw sector map"
[/img]http://www.wargamer.dk/misc/sector%203.jpg[/img]
now your map looks like patchwork ;-)
Click "sample" and click on one of your resourcepoints and then on the map beside.
IPB Image

now you can paint your sectormap

enjoy

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Ducati Jan 22 2007, 19:52 PM
I'm have a bit of difficulty getting the multicolored "Patch work" view to show up. I've followed the instructions above exactly, but with no success. I have been able to paint the territories but I'm doing it somewhat blind as I really have no reference as to what areas I have and have not painted. I'm finding it very inefficent to have to go into a game to check the my progression.

Can anyone offer any solutions?

+
# 3Supaunknown Jan 22 2007, 22:57 PM
Make sure you put the -dev into your worldbuilder shortcut.

+
# 4General Snoopy Mar 30 2007, 03:50 AM
My patchwork grid did not show up until I hit Overlay-> Toggle Overlay. Then it switched on.

+
# 5freshK Apr 29 2007, 20:21 PM
Firstly, you must add -dev to your shortcut with a space as someone mentioned. Secondly, the territories showing up patchwork is hit or miss with the other overlays toggled on, often you must togglethe overlay a few times to get it to show.

+
# 6MythicGuy Jun 9 2008, 18:47 PM
dry.gif I Dunno I Did all that stuff I need to know where to put -dev in the shortcut there properties then what????? frusty.gif

+
# 7OnkelSam Jun 10 2008, 08:39 AM
This tutorial is very old. You no longer need the -dev shortcut to worldbuilder if you want to draw territory sectors. Just follow the instructions given at the top without creating a new shortcut.

+
# 8CheezHed21 Sep 19 2011, 05:23 AM
How do you change the buildable areas surrounding the starting points? Are there starting points which are invisible in the game, meaning there is no building?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)