Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Some Pics for early game advantage, Mostly Wire

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1NuvioN Jan 2 2007, 10:12 AM
IPB Image

IPB Image

If you manage to get these 2 in the first 10 minutes just stick an mg into that main buildin in the middle and you have the whole right side of the map for you. You gain +16 fuel +16 ammo and 2 +5 fuels

IPB Image

if you start at below , you know that there is a biiig chance of gettin cut of by wire for that +16 fuel, so you dont want to box yourself in there, just build these, and sit there. You will beat any engy's who wish to cap or get that cover because you "ocupied it first

IPB Image

If the enemy wires you off here, just garrison that little tiny buildin and exit on the other side( YOU CAN! do it)

IPB Image

This has to be timed perfectly. You have to build the tier 1 with 2 pio, 1 goes to fuel and junk, the other to ST then that +5 ammo near the church. (now your mg comes out of the weirmarcht) you go with your pio to the VP, dance there a bit and if you see any units garrison the church and with your mg garrison the norther buildin(10 m from church) this way you will make him retreat and you will have time to wire him off banana.gif

IPB Image

If you spawn below(south) rush your 2nd pio here and wire this off, now you have +16 ammo and a ST secured so if he gets the +5 fuel he isnt gona get it because of your ST. Ofc you also have to wire this off
IPB Image

Well what do you think? smilie_naughty.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Karma Cowboy Jan 2 2007, 10:41 AM
the two bottom pictures.

Wont that wire off make him get the VP without a fight...since you cant go in the vp area.

I guess after you wire that off like shown in the second last picture you wire off the entrence between the walls to the vp.

Nice to see that wire off in the last replay....sometimes people can actually sneak vehicles that way too...

Game: Crysis

+
# 3NuvioN Jan 2 2007, 10:50 AM
you dont have time to wire off the walls.
Trust me this has been tested many times and if allies go rushin 2nd engy to wire that +16 ammo from you, you have to wire it off like shown in the picture. And Vp isnt so important first 5 min. But if you insist on it you can just click on a section of wire and double click delete, and the wire is gone ohmy.gif

+
# 4Kornstalx Jan 2 2007, 10:53 AM
VERY nice Nuvion. Some of those are well known, but others are more obscure.

We need a whole thread devoted to ingenious ways to place barbed wire and tanktraps...
... to promote more turtle-ing smile.gif

Great start!

+
# 5Mr_Skiff Jan 2 2007, 10:55 AM
Some of those are really nasty hehe.

The 4th picture down (Angoville) can the attacking player enter the building on the right of the wire then exit it on the other side?

Its always nice to see other peoples wiring techniques wink.gif

+
# 6Haps Jan 2 2007, 16:29 PM
I really hate barbed wire. Lose the first battle and your opponent can gain a sick advantage simply by wiring. I think it kinda kills the game. If you have a bad fight for the first 5 mins and someone gets the semois pin down on you, you pretty much have to do nothing until you get motor pool sad.gif

Mr_SKiff: Yeah, just enter from the south, select the building, press tab once, press the exit hotbutton and leftclick to the north.

This post has been edited by Haps: Jan 2 2007, 16:30 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7Grimreapo Jan 2 2007, 19:40 PM
Thank you Mr. NuvioN!
I was wondering what would be the best place to do "Reverse Semois pin" was!

Also if you get spawned in the south, where is the best place to put your MG? Is it the chruch or the house near the northern 16+ ammo point?

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 8NuvioN Jan 2 2007, 19:53 PM
it depents on the situation. I know that the church has a tiny blind spot so i always man the building above it(not the +16) but the buildin 10 m above church

+
# 9Grimreapo Jan 2 2007, 20:42 PM
I know where you mean but thanks anyways, I am huge fan of wire and any more wire guides would be be very much welcomed...
happy.gif

+
# 10ShizzlePizzle Jan 2 2007, 22:00 PM
ehm the angoville wire, cant you simple ignore that and enter and exit it through that shed? Dont really see the point of that one.

If you cant tho its quite nice to wire off tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ShizzlePizzle: Jan 2 2007, 22:01 PM

+
# 11Grimreapo Jan 2 2007, 22:25 PM
QUOTE(ShizzlePizzle @ Jan 2 2007, 10:00 PM) *

ehm the angoville wire, cant you simple ignore that and enter and exit it through that shed? Dont really see the point of that one.

If you cant tho its quite nice to wire off tongue.gif

Oh dear, it looks like someone did read the caption:
If the enemy wires you off here, just garrison that little tiny buildin and exit on the other side( YOU CAN! do it)

tongue.gif

+
# 12ShizzlePizzle Jan 3 2007, 14:43 PM
ah well but it still sucks sinc one nade is dead squad, and some rifle fire or mg fire is dead squad too. tongue.gif

what about this one, supose you start at top with axis, you can cover the entire left with one mg early game. And focus on the right. Discuss:

This post has been edited by ShizzlePizzle: Jan 3 2007, 14:45 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 13shinigamifive Jan 3 2007, 14:54 PM
Umm...where does the mg go? Sorry if I'm dense I just cant tell from those two pics. huh.gif

Oh NM I see it

How would you suggest getting that wire down without being chased off by the enemy?

Gah sorry for the multiple questions but, how do you take a screenshot??

This post has been edited by shinigamifive: Jan 3 2007, 14:57 PM

+
# 14ShizzlePizzle Jan 3 2007, 15:02 PM
it should be your mission to do so, but supose he just focusses on the right and you get the chance, you can do some wiring then on the left. It doesnt take that much time.

+
# 15Kornstalx Jan 3 2007, 16:58 PM
Shizzle I didn't think it was possible to get the barbed wire all the way to the edge of the map like in your pic.
You sure they can't still go around it on the edge?

I've actually thought about trying what you posted, but the barbed wire went 'red' and wouldn't build in that end location.
And if you tried to place it 'just right' so it wasn't red at the edge, it still left a gap.

+
# 16MPower Jan 3 2007, 17:14 PM
QUOTE(Kornstalx @ Jan 3 2007, 11:58 AM) *

Shizzle I didn't think it was possible to get the barbed wire all the way to the edge of the map like in your pic.
You sure they can't still go around it on the edge?

I've actually thought about trying what you posted, but the barbed wire went 'red' and wouldn't build in that end location.
And if you tried to place it 'just right' so it wasn't red at the edge, it still left a gap.

You can definatly wire the edge of a map, it just takes a little finesse. Sometimes you need to build the wire at an angle for it to work, or run a line of wire parallel to the edge of the map. thum.gif

+
# 17ShizzlePizzle Jan 3 2007, 17:25 PM
I tried it and it works great if you start on bottom. I heard vitensby (or was it bridger) complaining in one of his shoutcasts that he had trouble using axis on top, this might help him smile.gif . banana.gif

+
# 18marcusklaas Jan 3 2007, 19:45 PM
Thanks ShizzlePizzle, this actually was a constructive and helpful post. When I saw you posted it I was liek WTF!! He's not even complaining about luck factors! tongue.gif

+
# 19Sternhelden Jan 4 2007, 00:29 AM
QUOTE(ShizzlePizzle @ Jan 4 2007, 01:25 AM) *

I tried it and it works great if you start on bottom. I heard vitensby (or was it bridger) complaining in one of his shoutcasts that he had trouble using axis on top, this might help him smile.gif . banana.gif

It was Vitensby.

+
# 20deVious Jan 4 2007, 05:28 AM
good guide.

i find it more profitable to wire as axis as allies have to make an extra investment to get cutters whereas for axis it's just part of the normal progression.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)