IPB WARNING [2] A non-numeric value encountered (Line: 3243 of /sources/ipsclass.php)
Money Income too fast? - GameReplays.org

Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Money Income too fast?

Money Income too fast?
48.05% (37)
Yes - definately.
19.48% (15)
Yes - a bit.
32.47% (25)
Its perfect the way it is.
0.00% (0)
No - I want a stronger income.

Total Votes: 77
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ReLaX Apr 6 2007, 14:37 PM
I think if the money income is not that high early units are way more important and the Tank-Spam is limited a bit.
Atm u don't need 4 Raffs with 2-3 collectors to spam.
It would be cool If u really need this strong Eco to spam tanks.

What do u think?

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2AgmLauncher Apr 6 2007, 14:51 PM
Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as just the amount of money you get.

Currently, C&C 3 is fun because of the sheer ferocity and pace of the game. If you simply reduce the income rate, you will diminish that intensity because you will have either more macro (building more harvesters and refineries) or fewer engagements. The only way to really make up for it is to make precision unit micro more game impacting than it is now. Things like secondary unit abilities, a more concrete set of uses for a wider variety of units, and more lethality to certain units would help make up for fewer units being produced as a result of a slower economy.

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 3Cashis^^ Apr 6 2007, 15:04 PM
EA should put units witch shoot more far and some unit witch shoot less far etc.. it will make more micro i think

and money income too fast it's true

This post has been edited by Cashis^^: Apr 6 2007, 15:06 PM

+
# 4FrAnCioS Apr 6 2007, 15:41 PM
Yes - definately.

This is only 1 of the problems with cnc 3

Avators need buffing up they are to week
Harvesters are to strong
Inf suck and need buffing up
Cash income is way way to much wacko.gif
Scrin air way to powerfull

smile.gif just with these few changes will make cnc 3 a better game

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 5ReLaX Apr 6 2007, 15:53 PM
I won't start a balance-topic which is far to early!

I just think the income is one reason for TS.

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 6ThOR Apr 6 2007, 16:02 PM
Yes, there is far too much cash. On some maps I can go 4xwarfac, spam tank and tech all at once.....wtf. This means it's a complete no-brainer to spam those tanks and something you must do every game.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7Randomized Apr 6 2007, 16:06 PM
QUOTE(ThOR @ Apr 6 2007, 17:02 PM) *

Yes, there is far too much cash. On some maps I can go 4xwarfac, spam tank and tech all at once.....wtf. This means it's a complete no-brainer to spam those tanks and something you must do every game.

If you double the cost of tanks, and nothing else then surely that will solve all problems, it means that counters such as rocket men become more cost effective relative to tanks, and means that a tank spam will only involve half as many tanks as before so it will be easier to micro too smile.gif.

double the cost of tanks ftw!

+
# 8OceanicDrought Apr 6 2007, 16:15 PM
The problem is that Tournament maps are money maps - 3-4 tib fields right at your base, WTF. Maps should be bigger with tib fields spread farther away - like Black's Big Battle.

Look at SC maps. The mining rate is rather similar yet you don't see so much spamming because players don't start with 3 mineral sets right at the beginning of the game.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 9AgmLauncher Apr 6 2007, 16:23 PM
And then the gameplay becomes incredibly slow and boring and games take a minimum of 10 minutes to complete because the maps are so huge. No thanks.

Small knife fight maps with highly lethal units that respond well to micromanagement ftw.

+
# 10OceanicDrought Apr 6 2007, 16:38 PM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Apr 6 2007, 16:23 PM) *

And then the gameplay becomes incredibly slow and boring and games take a minimum of 10 minutes to complete because the maps are so huge. No thanks.

Small knife fight maps with highly lethal units that respond well to micromanagement ftw.

Watch some SC VODs at YouTube - games are not boring or slow at all, you have to play each second or you will lose.

+
# 11AgmLauncher Apr 6 2007, 16:40 PM
That's because unit lethality in SC is higher than in C&C 3. Units die faster, units move faster, and battles are shorter and more intense in Starcraft. So it works for SC, but it will NOT work for C&C 3.

I cringe at the idea of driving Predators around a map as large as Black's Big Battle wacko.gif

+
# 12OceanicDrought Apr 6 2007, 16:57 PM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Apr 6 2007, 16:40 PM) *

That's because unit lethality in SC is higher than in C&C 3. Units die faster, units move faster, and battles are shorter and more intense in Starcraft. So it works for SC, but it will NOT work for C&C 3.

I cringe at the idea of driving Predators around a map as large as Black's Big Battle wacko.gif

That's why pure tank spam doesn't really work on these maps - because they are bigger...

+
# 13Carcass Apr 6 2007, 17:50 PM
I think a lot of people are unhappy with the money flow because everyone is used to ZH. Its cnc3, its meant to be fast paced fast action. There is no early game in this game, its meant to get you to think fast, and react fast. Once and if the tank spam gets resolved the game might actually take skill to play. :Shock: WTF.gif

+
# 14AgmLauncher Apr 6 2007, 17:59 PM
QUOTE(tehwaiitiz @ Apr 6 2007, 12:57 PM) *

That's why pure tank spam doesn't really work on these maps - because they are bigger...

There is no logic in this statement because the size of the map still doesn't change the fact that units like pitbulls, attack bikes, and various other things are very, very poor at whatever it is they're supposed to do. Big maps or small maps, tanks are the most efficient means to accomplish whatever goal you want.

+
# 15Yumi Apr 6 2007, 18:01 PM
No - I want a stronger income.

Haha, wicked choice biggrin.gif

Yeah income isn't the problem, tank spam would still smash anything, only you would only have two warfacs instead of four.

Making only tanks more expensive = say hey to mass defensive structure spam.

Clan: H2

+
# 16WarzoneCommand Apr 6 2007, 18:10 PM
QUOTE(Carcass @ Apr 6 2007, 18:50 PM) *

I think a lot of people are unhappy with the money flow because everyone is used to ZH. Its cnc3, its meant to be fast paced fast action. There is no early game in this game, its meant to get you to think fast, and react fast. Once and if the tank spam gets resolved the game might actually take skill to play. :Shock: WTF.gif

What's so great about queing 50 tanks in all your 4 WFs you've build and drive around with them all game long, reverse moving them here and there wacko.gif

QUOTE(Sm34g0l @ Apr 6 2007, 19:01 PM) *

Haha, wicked choice biggrin.gif

Yeah income isn't the problem, tank spam would still smash anything, only you would only have two warfacs instead of four.

Making only tanks more expensive = say hey to mass defensive structure spam.

I think the income rate is only part of the problem. Since you have too much cash one unit more or less doesn't realy matter which is way different than it was in ZH ( Which is in my opinion not a good change ... ). At the moment C&C3 is just a chaotic tankspam game IMO. I wonder when people start realising that more units != more strategy sad.gif

+
# 17methuselah Apr 6 2007, 18:40 PM
I don't think the solution is monetary. Right now there is no real counter system to mass tanks other than tanks. In ZH if your opponent went all one unit you did not counter with the same exact unit. Tanks need a nerf or the counter units (air and inf) need a buff or both. I think the eco is ok.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 18CaRNaGE Apr 6 2007, 18:43 PM
Money comes in too fast becasue the harvesters are so strong, meaning you can just go 4 refineries or whatever at the start. having to worry about losing harvesters would mean a slower economy. Its like USA going 4 supply depots off teh bat at the moment in ZH. wacko.gif

+
# 19blackwarx Apr 6 2007, 19:15 PM
QUOTE(ThOR @ Apr 6 2007, 18:02 PM) *

Exactly ThOR!

This could have easily been avoided if EA kept their original ZONE DEFINITIONS for Blue, Yellow and Red Zones! wink.gif

Different styles of games resulting out of the Tiberium amount in the different zones with the red zones as the (only) cash-cow-zones where money is almost no issue!

BUT: Different picture for yellow and blue zones!!!!!

You should really be forced to THINK what structures and units to build when playing in a Blue Zone and of course, try to avoid losses as there is really few money there so ressources are kind of limited!

As it stands now, agreed: All maps with the same brainless gameplay style: pumping out units! GG! wink.gif

This post has been edited by blackwarx: Apr 6 2007, 19:18 PM

+
# 20AgmLauncher Apr 6 2007, 19:24 PM
QUOTE(CaRNaGE @ Apr 6 2007, 14:43 PM) *

Money comes in too fast becasue the harvesters are so strong, meaning you can just go 4 refineries or whatever at the start. having to worry about losing harvesters would mean a slower economy. Its like USA going 4 supply depots off teh bat at the moment in ZH. wacko.gif

100% agreed. It's not so much the fact that harvesters bring in so much cash (you need that to intensify what's really somewhat shallow gameplay), it's that they can't be harassed effectively at the start so it's not really all that risky to boom your economy right off the bat (to the point where you CAN spam and tech at the same time).

If all you did was reduce the harvester load, you'd have less tank spam, but it would still be tank spam. It wouldn't magically make the other units in the game better. They would be still be the same cost-effectiveness, thus still not worth making next to a bunch of tanks.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)