Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Cracking War Chant Myths Part 1

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Luân^ Apr 28 2007, 05:20 AM
Does Elven Wood and Tainted Land cancel War Chant?

It's a common mis-conception that the effects of war chant wear off after land has been placed under the WC'd units due to the graphics telling us there is an absence in glow. However, this is not true. War chant will be inactive while you are on land as land cancels leadership. But, once you are off the land, war chant is returned except without the glow.

In this video, it will show two uruks. One of the uruks will be war chanted and then have land placed under them. Then, they will run near two towers. Now, you can observe the damage taken by the towers after the glow has disappeared.

As you can see, in the amount of time it takes to kill one uruk from the left battalion, nearly three uruks are killed in the right battalion. This concept works the same for Elven Wood.

This post has been edited by Gamroth: Apr 29 2007, 13:56 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Luân^ Apr 28 2007, 05:30 AM
Can some other SM edit my post and see if there's anything wierd in the font? This has happened before and NML went to edit my post, and saw alot of html when it's not necesarry but I can't see it myself with the browser I have.

Expect a closeup of the video so you can better see the damage on the uruks by tommorow. The quality when I previewed it was much better.

This post has been edited by Luân^: Apr 28 2007, 06:24 AM

+
# 3Gamroth Apr 28 2007, 07:56 AM
Well you have the whole font set to Times [font=Times]. So is this what u mean? You dont want that? Thats the only thing i can see.

EDIT: nice job btw thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Gamroth: Apr 28 2007, 07:56 AM

Clan: Born 2 Pawn

+
# 4 Kamal Apr 28 2007, 07:57 AM
nice tip
i see your equiping isen's with xp for the fight against mordor. tongue.gif

+
# 5Ston3R Apr 28 2007, 10:52 AM
nice one
good for newer players wink.gif

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

+
# 6Luân^ Apr 28 2007, 13:37 PM
QUOTE(Gamroth @ Apr 28 2007, 03:56 AM) *
Well you have the whole font set to Times [font=Times]. So is this what u mean? You dont want that? Thats the only thing i can see.

EDIT: nice job btw thumb.gif

Yeah, can you get rid of any of the extra crap? I didn't write it in myself, it's one of those glitch things that happens to me every once in a while.

+
# 7Gamroth Apr 29 2007, 14:00 PM
you had nearly everything done twice, so you had sizing that was unneccessary and the same with bold and fonts as well. Iv edited out anything that was un-needed. All it is now is the whole thing set to Times and bold and size 2. Except the title size 3 and Arial. Is that what you wanted?

Clan: Born 2 Pawn

+
# 8Luân^ Apr 29 2007, 17:19 PM
QUOTE(Gamroth @ Apr 29 2007, 10:00 AM) *
you had nearly everything done twice, so you had sizing that was unneccessary and the same with bold and fonts as well. Iv edited out anything that was un-needed. All it is now is the whole thing set to Times and bold and size 2. Except the title size 3 and Arial. Is that what you wanted?

Yeah, thx Gammy wub.gif .

+
# 9Evoluti0n` Apr 30 2007, 01:58 AM
who was that overpowered mordor player in the video? banana.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 10Carbon May 1 2007, 02:46 AM
Oh dang. Yup this is a common misconception, although the people who know about it (namely, pros or ex-pros) try to keep it a secret. Anyways, nice tip. It'll be great for new players smile.gif It needed to come out publicly sooner or later.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)