Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Here's a little secret

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1AgmLauncher May 16 2007, 10:12 AM
Everyone is worried about the "new" orcas (lol), dig in, rocket APCs, and pitbuls dominating Nod.

In reality, Nod's biggest concern will be predators + snipers.

Don't believe me? Wait and see.

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2-Netput May 16 2007, 10:15 AM
no shit?
Scorps are nerfed while preds where doing great against them if they weren't heavily outnumbered.
Now there is no nerf to preds, so nod needs to use all his units to protect his base, including infantry there. Hence while the snipers are in the mix for GDI.

wow what a surprise!

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Technique May 16 2007, 10:17 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ May 16 2007, 10:12 AM) *

Everyone is worried about the "new" orcas (lol), dig in, rocket APCs, and pitbuls dominating Nod.

i already said preds will be problem since they can be a problem now already if u fight straight up let alone now scorps get nerfed

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4AgmLauncher May 16 2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah, it's logical to me too, but but apparently not to others......

i already said preds will be problem since they can be a problem now already if u fight straight up let alone now scorps get nerfed

Lol straight preds WILL NOT be a problem. If your opponent just makes predators, he will lose horribly to rocket soldiers/fanatics and especially you're early game harassment.

I'm pretty sure that tiberium infused nod rocket soldiers will be able to kite predator tanks. Fire, run away, fire again, run away.

I don't think you appreciate what kind of impact only getting $300 back for a refinery will have on the game. It basically ends your ability to spam refineries AND WFs. The only reason why you can get fast WFs up while making refineries is because you get a $1k back when you sell. People think that nothing will change because people will just keep refineries. They completely fail to realize that by doing that (even selling them for $300) limits how many WFs you can produce early on during the critical time when bikes and infantry will already be across the map at your base raping you.

And when you lose a harvester, it's going to cost you $1400 to replace it.

GDI will be buttfucked if it doesn't build a barracks at or near the start of a game. Thus GDI is no longer spamming predators. It just doesn't work.

Now, I basically agree with you that if EA hadn't changed the selling cost of refineries, 1.04 predator spam would be overpowered against Nod. However, the changes to the refinery actually reduces the value of crane strategies, and increases the power of "rax first" and fast war harassment strategies significantly.

+
# 5˛JAX¸ May 16 2007, 10:22 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ May 16 2007, 12:12 PM) *

Hm.. yes snipers could be a bit of a problem. nod will have to go early airfield imo.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6AgmLauncher May 16 2007, 10:26 AM
QUOTE(Mr. SaTaN @ May 16 2007, 06:22 AM) *

Hm.. yes snipers could be a bit of a problem. nod will have to go early airfield imo.

Tbh, nod really should get an ops center as soon as possible. Not necessarily go AF straight away, but Ops center is a good thing to have simply because of all of the capabilities it gives you. That way you're at least a short step away from getting a counter to snipers.

+
# 7Technique May 16 2007, 10:29 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ May 16 2007, 10:17 AM) *

Yeah, it's logical to me too, but but apparently not to others......
Lol straight preds WILL NOT be a problem. If your opponent just makes predators, he will lose horribly to rocket soldiers/fanatics and especially you're early game harassment.

I'm pretty sure that tiberium infused nod rocket soldiers will be able to kite predator tanks. Fire, run away, fire again, run away.

I don't think you appreciate what kind of impact only getting $300 back for a refinery will have on the game. It basically ends your ability to spam refineries AND WFs. The only reason why you can get fast WFs up while making refineries is because you get a $1k back when you sell. People think that nothing will change because people will just keep refineries. They completely fail to realize that by doing that (even selling them for $300) limits how many WFs you can produce early on during the critical time when bikes and infantry will already be across the map at your base raping you.

And when you lose a harvester, it's going to cost you $1400 to replace it.

GDI will be buttfucked if it doesn't build a barracks at or near the start of a game. Thus GDI is no longer spamming predators. It just doesn't work.

obvisiously u need to build a counter to the infantry... but gdi infantry > nod infantry (atleast they do now so i wouldnt know why they wouldnt in 1.05)

+
# 8PhroeNix May 16 2007, 10:30 AM
This already looks more interesting than Scorps vs Preds/Mammoths.

Rocket troops to kill tanks, Snipers to kill Rocket Troops, Venoms to kill Snipers, Pitbulls to kill Venoms, Riflemen to kill Fanatics/Rockets since they don't get raped as hard by Venoms...

What's the comparison on Rocket Troops vs Venoms?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 9Mooff May 16 2007, 10:31 AM
gdi will at least need preds+sniper+airdefense since venoms can detect stealth and therefore are able to see those snipers and kill them

This post has been edited by Mooff: May 16 2007, 10:32 AM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 10AgmLauncher May 16 2007, 10:37 AM
QUOTE(Technique @ May 16 2007, 06:29 AM) *

obvisiously u need to build a counter to the infantry... but gdi infantry > nod infantry (atleast they do now so i wouldnt know why they wouldnt in 1.05)

Blackhands > all GDI infantry except for snipers and commando. I think they're even a soft counter to zone troopers, but I'm not sure.

Once your opponent starts using Blackhands, you should start putting riflemen or snipers in APCs.

But what's that mean? GDI's mixing units, NOT predator spamming wink.gif

Therefore if GDI is overpowered, it's not because of predators, it's because of a combination of factors.

QUOTE(PhroeNix @ May 16 2007, 06:30 AM) *

This already looks more interesting than Scorps vs Preds/Mammoths.

Rocket troops to kill tanks, Snipers to kill Rocket Troops, Venoms to kill Snipers, Pitbulls to kill Venoms, Riflemen to kill Fanatics/Rockets since they don't get raped as hard by Venoms...

What's the comparison on Rocket Troops vs Venoms?

You also forgot bike harassment followed up by some stealth flame tanks, now more spammable avatars and better stealth tanks. In certain situations, blackhands will completely rape as they have insane amounts of HP. Zone troopers and shock troopers no longer get one-offed by rail guns etc.

As far as the comparison with rocket troops and venoms, they're mutual counters, meaning it's a soft counter. I would say that properly micromanaged venoms will beat them. Basically you wait for them to fire a volley against tanks or other units (possibly distract them with some of your own infantry), move in and "snipe" a few with venoms and then move out before they can fire again.

+
# 11Technique May 16 2007, 10:40 AM
sounds nice tho i doubt the thing u said bout venoms/rocket squads can be done... since they got a pretty good range boost and i dont think they will fire that slow

anyway what about scrin? what is the counter vs a combo of pacs+stormriders+devestators+tripods (yes they will be able to get it if they turtle good enuff and the map allows it)... since stealth tanks got a nerf vs air and devestators kills all infantry and buggys/bikes wont stand a chance in all that madness they will drop like flys so whats left?

This post has been edited by Technique: May 16 2007, 10:44 AM

+
# 12RSeeker May 16 2007, 10:40 AM
Obviously correct, why else did they nerf snipers?

Still, it's encouraging a mix, and it's not really a matter of slapping preds + snipers together either, you'll still have to consider pitbulls/bikes harassment, and Orcas are good, but it has very little to do with the health thing. Air's only a bit suck because everyone will have some form of Anti air very quickly.

And, uhm, GDI infantry > Nod? The Units Stats stikied disagrees... and nod upgrades are superior. The only real exception is the Zone Trooper, but they're speshal.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 13br1zz May 16 2007, 10:47 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ May 16 2007, 10:37 AM) *

As far as the comparison with rocket troops and venoms, they're mutual counters, meaning it's a soft counter. I would say that properly micromanaged venoms will beat them. Basically you wait for them to fire a volley against tanks or other units (possibly distract them with some of your own infantry), move in and "snipe" a few with venoms and then move out before they can fire again.

that could be useful in some situations... but a good player will easily micro his rocket troops effective enough to hit ur venoms, unless he is busy at an other place of the map

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 14Technique May 16 2007, 10:47 AM
QUOTE(RSeeker @ May 16 2007, 10:40 AM) *

And, uhm, GDI infantry > Nod? The Units Stats stikied disagrees... and nod upgrades are superior. The only real exception is the Zone Trooper, but they're speshal.

do a normal gdi rifle squad vs a nod rifle squad... ull see gdi's win and if infantry will be important then rifle squads are the easy and fast counter untill u got snipers/blackhands i quess

+
# 15˛JAX¸ May 16 2007, 10:53 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ May 16 2007, 12:37 PM) *

Blackhands > all GDI infantry except for snipers and commando. I think they're even a soft counter to zone troopers, but I'm not sure.

Once your opponent starts using Blackhands, you should start putting riflemen or snipers in APCs.

I fear that black hands will be crushed easily by a couple of Pbulls, EA should made them ucrushable tbh.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 16YKudzA May 16 2007, 10:58 AM
what about Dig in and 2 rocks at Scrins harvesters ?

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 17RSeeker May 16 2007, 10:58 AM
It's an increase on health, yes, except they cost more... and the rocket infantry have same health on both sides, but nods' have more damage, plus 2 upgrades, in case that matters.

I see APCs being useful, althoug I prefer Buggies > APCs simply because of cost, speed, and definetly EMPs. So Nod also has lots of new options. In that way, I don't think GDI will be definetly take over Nod as the OP race.

Snipers aren't hard to get your tech center, and while this may very well be bullshit since I've never used blackhands anywhere else than singleplayer and against reaal noobs, can't riflemen counter them anyway? Due to range? I guess if you get a swarm, but a swarm would mean me pulling back infantry and tanks/apcs rolling in.

So I don't think blackhands would be that often used, viable, now with buff and such, but not really mainstream.. I think. Flame Tanks are always an option, you know, although Rockets > those too.

I just don't find Grenades/Black Hands to be good infantry counters, they're really more for the anti building in my mind, if at all.

PITBULLS, now that's gonna come in handy. With buff, it'll be a good early harassment, detection, anti air, power plant hunting, and now anti infantry if they feel like spamming those...

Game: Blizzard

+
# 18Yumi May 16 2007, 11:41 AM
QUOTE(Technique @ May 16 2007, 11:40 AM) *

anyway what about scrin? what is the counter vs a combo of pacs+stormriders+devestators+tripods (yes they will be able to get it if they turtle good enuff and the map allows it)... since stealth tanks got a nerf vs air and devestators kills all infantry and buggys/bikes wont stand a chance in all that madness they will drop like flys so whats left?

It's already uncounterable as Nod/GDI, you just never see it because any decent Nod player will always knock out Scrin before they get PACs in 1.04. It's even worse vs GDI, since at least Nod get anti-air worth building. GDI just say 'oh, PACs', and keel over dead, even more so now that Mammoths were weakened vs air for absolutely no good reason since they already sucked at anti-air.

Clan: H2

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 19Imperistan May 16 2007, 11:46 AM
To be honest, letting a Scrin player even get a tech center is a death sentence. For any side.

Game: Graphics

+
# 20Yellow2Bellow May 16 2007, 11:50 AM
Can't believe yet that infantry will be useful some day. Sorry, that's like trying to imagine a four-dimensional room.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)