Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Trojan. Aug 14 2007, 14:32 PM
IPB Image
In breaking news, EALA today announced Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath as an expansion pack to Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

The news was announced via EALA's Command and Conquer 3 TV - BattleCast Primetime.

Host Raj Joshi breaks the news approximately 10 minutes into the episode with the following statement -

"EA is announcing the first official expansion pack to Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath."

Viewers then get the chance to see game developer Jim Vessella explain a few general points regarding the upcoming production, scheduled for an early 2008 release.

Without a doubt, the most significant change in the expansion pack will be the addition of two unique sub-factions for each main faction a move which seems to be very much taking a leaf out of the book of Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour which featured 3 unique sub-factions for each of the 3 main factions.

Vessella goes on to promise new units, powers and structures for each core factions with the sub-factions being distinct from each other with unique units, powers and upgrades. Adding to the multiplayer experience, Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath will feature over 24 new maps and a global domination mode described by Jim Vessella as "Risk on steroids".

The expansion pack to the bestselling Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars will be released both on PC and XBOX360, with the latter featuring a new and innovative construction interface.

For the official details of the expansion pack, watch the first episode of Command and Conquer TV.

For further discussion of the upcoming C&C3 Expansion Pack, contribute to the our very own Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Discussion Forum

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2ivanlwk90 Aug 14 2007, 15:04 PM
LOL. Make me laugh EA. Make me laugh.

Game: Hardware

+
# 3avilo Aug 14 2007, 15:47 PM
lol, this new expansion is sure to unbalance the game even more!

+
# 4roadblock Aug 14 2007, 15:52 PM
whos gonna buy this

the first one is suckass

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 5AngryHan Aug 14 2007, 15:56 PM
I'm gonna wait for a month until everyone else has played it, to find out if it's shit or not wink.gif

Clan: H2

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6˛JAX¸ Aug 14 2007, 16:06 PM
QUOTE(PyRo @ Aug 14 2007, 17:56 PM) *

I'm gonna wait for a month until everyone else has played it, to find out if it's shit or not wink.gif

+
# 7Fr1est Aug 14 2007, 16:08 PM
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh w00t.gif

COME ON I WANNA CONTROL KANE TEH DICKHEAD xD

Lawl @ "Kane's Wraith" Man I wish he can be the next Yuri Prime, but this time he can mind control the mothership too rolleyes.gif

Game: Soulstorm

+
# 8Peralva Aug 14 2007, 16:20 PM
It'll suck, trust me

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 9Excelsis.hT Aug 14 2007, 16:26 PM
Pilbots vs Apollo!!! omg....these guys are famous now tongue.gif

Clan: aeon

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 10AC_PureRage Aug 14 2007, 16:29 PM
I vomited in disgust at the original CNC3, and now they pull out an expansion?

+
# 11roadblock Aug 14 2007, 16:48 PM
I vomited in disgust at the original CNC3, and now they pull out an expansion?

as did i, they havent got the original right so what makes em think an expansion will be wanted

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 12Emissary Aug 14 2007, 17:00 PM
I honestly laughed out loud when I saw this news. EA is such a joke. I hope it blows up in their face.

+
# 13Mariner Aug 14 2007, 17:05 PM
Good Luck EA wacko.gif

Clan: aeon

Game: Graphics

+
# 14♥♥♥Raaman♥♥♥ Aug 14 2007, 17:40 PM
Who will buy this wacko.gif

Game: Empire Total War

+
# 15Zap Aug 14 2007, 18:07 PM
I lol'ed

and Risk on steroids? does that mean more fast, fluid, fun (aka spam)

This post has been edited by Zap: Aug 14 2007, 18:08 PM

+
# 16Zerø Aug 14 2007, 18:07 PM
Might as well give the game a chance, might be more interesting and fun to play. Lets see what EA might dig up, could - doubt it but could be a big turn around and dominate.. we shall see.

+
# 17MIAParadox Aug 14 2007, 18:33 PM
Sweet baby jesus, I don't think I have ever seen so many shit posts in one thread.

Unbalanced.. haha, you guys are cute. The game is actually pretty fair as it is so far, next patch will drive the balance nail through and it'll only get better from there.

The Sub-factions are like the sub-factions in RA2, only theres less of them, and more units per side. Instead of getting 1 lame unit like the Tank Buster (I'm lookin at you Germany!) You'll get a handful of new units that might make your faction better at Rushing, Brute Force, Harassment, Range, Crowed Control, or anything really. The sky's the limits as far as I'm concerned. It all ready looks like a lot of the classic elements of CNC are coming back, Cyborgs, Hover Tanks, maybe even some Titans! I can only Imagen what some of that Scrin stuff is going to do.

This should add some much needed diversity to each side. Nod should pull away from being a GDI Clone with faster, lower HP ground units. GDI should help pull that distinction even further with less tread based tanks and more hover/walker based tanks.

I'm anticipating more news on this. The sub-factions sound like something this game could really use.

This post has been edited by Chernobyl Wang: Aug 14 2007, 18:35 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 18JASON626 Aug 14 2007, 18:40 PM
I won't be buying it. I feel it rewards EA for putting out an unfinished product like CNC3 to meet deadlines and profits over having a quality product released when its ready.

Game: None

+
# 19Elegy Aug 14 2007, 18:47 PM
QUOTE(Chernobyl Wang @ Aug 14 2007, 11:33 AM) *

Sweet baby jesus, I don't think I have ever seen so many shit posts in one thread.

Unbalanced.. haha, you guys are cute. The game is actually pretty fair as it is so far, next patch

LOL funny guy.

I actually lol'ed when I saw this.

Clan: EPIC

Game: None

+
# 20MIAParadox Aug 14 2007, 19:13 PM
QUOTE(Elegy @ Aug 14 2007, 14:47 PM) *

LOL funny guy.

I actually lol'ed when I saw this.

Heres something Im also starting to get used to here: Forum Staff Members shitting on there own community members wink.gif

Game: League of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)