Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

DC/Cheater Section removed

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1MEXICANBROTHER Sep 10 2007, 22:29 PM
Due to the masses of trouble that section has caused, we are closing. The list was nice to have, but due to the mass flaming and EA specializing their tools, its not fully needed anymore. Devoting all that time spent tracking the cheaters, is much better spent making guides, reviewing replays, and making strategy resources for all of you.

There is another resource for reporting cheaters. The GameSpy Forums are the best place for reporting cheaters and DCers now.

If you have any questions or complaints, please PM me and I will go more into detail. Also, do not report cheaters in this forum of the replay system. Your topic will promptly be locked and you will receive a PM warning first, then further warns.

This post has been edited by MEXICANBROTHER: Sep 11 2007, 23:16 PM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2AgmLauncher Sep 10 2007, 22:34 PM
Simply put, this was never GR's responsibility, and it's currently consuming too many resources to run effectively, which is why it's closed.

Please respect why we have done this. We WILL be handing out warnings for those who don't.

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 3NukeFishy Sep 10 2007, 22:36 PM
I will still miss it cry.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 4Agent GreenFenril CTU Sep 11 2007, 00:30 AM
Bad idea.

Nuff said

This post has been edited by Agent GreenFenril CTU: Sep 11 2007, 00:33 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6Brother Gilburt Sep 11 2007, 01:07 AM
No surprise. There was flaming in there every other day. DC/Cheater Accusations aren't really a good topic for conversation. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Also, DO NOT try and report Cheater/DCer's in the replay section. Your topic will be locked.

This post has been edited by Brother Gilburt: Sep 11 2007, 01:11 AM

Game: Graphics

+
# 7Agent GreenFenril CTU Sep 11 2007, 02:21 AM
Take a page from EzE

Once reported and added to the list, lock.

flamers should've been dealt with swiftly.

And if you need extra staff for such purposes, I'll do it, I'll moderate that forum, it's a good solution for an otherwise major problem

+
# 8AgmLauncher Sep 11 2007, 04:05 AM
Good, let EzE gaming see what a resource sucking endeavor it is to try and deal with cheaters/disconnectors. Their forums will be full of nothing but whiners and babies and runoff from the official forums. If I was running their site, I would avoid that pit like the plague.

So go ahead hold me personally responsible for an upsurge in disconnecting. I don't really care. That's EA's and GameSpy's responsibility. NOT ours.

We will focus more on replay reviewing, strategy production, and various other forms of content. That is what we do, and for the C&C 3 admins to deal with cheating/disconnecting on the level they have to, they're unable to put their time into running the C&C 3 section efficiently.

+
# 9LunaBella Sep 11 2007, 04:28 AM
some of the replies made in that EA forum are by 12 year old people. didnt feel like reading that entire page but i did read the first 10 or something.

i agree with fenril sort of, basically because a lot of the cnc3 players i know of are registered to this website and its easy to get to know who disconnect or not.
even i could spend a half an hour a day to look at some of the topics opened in the cheater/disconnect forum. i know its not GR.ORG's responsabillity to look at after that, but it is a easy way to know who disconnect and who is fair.

i understand WHY it is closed, but i cant say i fully agree. i am pretty sure there are lots of people willing to take a shot at becoming a part of this website.

+
# 10Agent GreenFenril CTU Sep 11 2007, 04:34 AM
I will hold you responsible AGM, as will every other gammer here and abroad.

What you have done here today is irreversable damage to the integerity of the site and your own credibility.

You don't want to get your hands dirty in this fight, regardless if this was not the original mandate of GR.org?

I will say this however: When EA does make DC = loss, then the section becomes obsolete, and the section can be removed.

If you need more resources, (IE staff) then ask around instead of closing it down and destroying a reliable means to report and track.

Shame on you AGM and the C&C 3 admins, Shame on you all

+
# 11Sub Sep 11 2007, 04:47 AM
Green, I am not totally for removing of the DC section, but we do have our reasons. Truth is we cant spend all day transfering names over onto a list in which nothing will be done. We do of course appologize for this, but as listed above, there are still places to post those who feel the need to DC.

If you are going to be angry, please make the post be constructive and speak with EA.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 12MEXICANBROTHER Sep 11 2007, 05:10 AM
GAMESPY FORUMS ARE PERFECTLY FINE FOR REPORTING DCERS.

I can't stand all you whiners, because I'm sure you haven't been there in ages. Just because there's maybe 3-4 topics per day, doesn't mean that nothing is done about them. They are on top of their own forums and it was their job in the first place.

Not only was it sucking resources, but there is NO difference between GS and ours because there is the same certainty about each report. Zephos will process your report and keep track presumably exactly like how we were. Then he can use it the same way he was using our list.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 13AgmLauncher Sep 11 2007, 05:11 AM

What you have done here today is irreversable damage to the integerity of the site and your own credibility.

You don't want to get your hands dirty in this fight, regardless if this was not the original mandate of GR.org?

I will say this however: When EA does make DC = loss, then the section becomes obsolete, and the section can be removed.

If you need more resources, (IE staff) then ask around instead of closing it down and destroying a reliable means to report and track.

To be very honest. Fuck off.

You have a shit attitude, and you sound like a drama queen. Grow up and use your head.

I really don't give a shit if YOU hold me personally responsible for this rolleyes.gif

I can't stand people like you. People who are as paranoid about cheaters as Monk is about germs. Now I know why the maphack program for C&C 3 was credited to you. That's some pretty good satirical irony tbh.

My advice, stop acting like your entire purpose for living is about cheaters/disconnectors. Enjoy the fucking game.

You, and your paranoid brethren like |V|ap|V|man are simply, annoying. Everyone is a cheater. Everyone is a disconnector. "OH NO WHY DID HE DO THAT? HE MUST BE MAPHACKING!!!!"

It's tiresome, and it sucks the life out of a community to have people who act like the cheat police. What's worse is when it's people like MapMan who don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Oh, and big surprise about this:
Attached Image

+
# 14Uriel- Sep 11 2007, 05:32 AM
QUOTE(Agent GreenFenril CTU @ Sep 11 2007, 12:34 PM) *

The "original mandate of GR.org" does not include helping EA/GS with their cheater/disconnector problems. We are a gaming community focused on replay and strat sharing/discussions, and we provide reviews, strat guides and tips, as well as Esports news and general updates for our community.

This section was NEVER in our mandate, scope, responsibility, whatever. It was something additional and volunteery, and it's clearly draining too much of our resources. You do not understand the staffing or resource problem, so please do not make statements such as "just ask around for staff". CNC3 is understaffed despite determined recruitment drives, and we are not going to dedicate anyone to this extra section while we still have unreviewed replays to review, new strats to publish and Esports news to keep up with. Community members simply make the report, you really have no idea the incredible amount of work this extra section adds to the CNC staff and adminship.

The disconnector problem should be well handled by GS and EA. Why should it be that a fansite specializing in replays and strats has a better organized and more "reliable means to report and track" than the people who are actually in charge? We aren't responsible in the first place, and if the CNC3 adminship doesn't find this worth it then they will take it down as they please.

Instead of ignorantly directing mindless hate towards people who aren't even supposed to be involved, please do ask EA and GS to go do their jobs better.

I'm being very nice about this, but I share AGM's dislike of your attitude and I won't hesitate to take action if you continue to be stubborn about this. If you have any suggestions that you think can help the problem outside of "get more staff", voice it, but don't disrespect our decision and our work.

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 15Trojan. Sep 11 2007, 05:40 AM
QUOTE(Agent GreenFenril CTU @ Sep 11 2007, 12:34 PM) *

It is EA's responsibility, not ours, not mine, not yours.

Why not go make your own Cheaters and Disconnectors site? If you don't you will be personally responsible for every disconnector and cheater in the future of CnC3.

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 16kieves1 Sep 11 2007, 07:51 AM
It is not AGM's fault at all.We tried to make it work but we couldnt so now its time to use the official method for reporting on the gamespy forums.In fairness it will be easier for zephos if all the accusations are in 1 place.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 17AgmLauncher Sep 11 2007, 08:31 AM
Why not go make your own Cheaters and Disconnectors site? If you don't you will be personally responsible for every disconnector and cheater in the future of CnC3.

WFP.

Yes, please make one, or else you are a hypocrite.

+
# 18HuNteD Sep 11 2007, 09:43 AM
Thread cleaned, keep it civil guys.

+
# 19LO5T S0UL Sep 11 2007, 10:14 AM
cleaned? what about the big 'fuck off' from agm to green_fenril?! i have another theory on another reason why the thread was closed and i think kieves knows too.

Im kinda sad to see it go as it was always an interesting place to see the hacks and stuff people were using online and then laugh at the people whoi have no idea what they are talking about.... is the ZH one gonna stay open?

+
# 20˛JAX¸ Sep 11 2007, 10:28 AM
Could you put the possible DCers list back at least?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)