Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Gathering early intel in 2vs2.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 113laded Sep 23 2007, 15:25 PM
General Tip #61

Gathering early intel in 2vs2

In 2vs2 games it is very important to work together, good teamplay from the start can give you a big advantage.
In the start of a 2vs2 it is a strong tactic when both enemies attack 1 player or 1 side together. If this happens and you are not prepared you can easily be overrun by the enemy units and loose vital resources.

When you notice that the enemy has more units then yourself, you should click on the enemy units to get some good information. For example when you see 2 engineer squads rushing your 1 pioneer within the first minutes of the game you can know what the enemy is doing by checking the playernames.
Select the engies and see from what player they are. If they are from the same player you can tell that he rushed with 2 squads and will have his first unit later on the field.
If they are both from different players you can tell that they are both coming for you and thus leaving the other sides open. (think St. Hilaire when both players rush the city buildings)
When you see this you should tell your teammate and either let him help you or make him push hard on the unguarded side.

Furthermore you should select enemy riflemen/wsc units and check the playernames. You will know if they both went for a barracks or a WSC opening.

Sometimes you see an American WSC player having 1 HMG in a building on 1 side of the map (for example: St. Hilaire city building), and a sniper firing (with some rifles) on the other side of the map. Try to quickly check if they are from the same player by selecting the sniper and the HMG in the building. Select and check for the playernames. If the names are different you can tell that the barracks player also build a WSC.
When the names do match and it is pretty early in the game it is likely that there won't be a sniper near the HMG in the building. Now you can use this information and quickly snipe the HMG without having to fear for a counter-sniper nearby.

By:Skaffa

This post has been edited by 13laded: Sep 24 2007, 21:28 PM

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2SanctuS Sep 25 2007, 05:23 AM
Hey, nice one! thumb.gif I play almost entirely 2v2's so this (and the tip right before this one I think) have been very helpful. Keep it up!

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Two Sep 25 2007, 19:27 PM
imo they'll have a sniper with that hmg about the time you get your sniper

+
# 4skaffa Sep 25 2007, 22:55 PM
Its just an example, and i've encounterd it myself. I was on sthilaire axis and went MG42 to put in building, then secondly a sniper to kill the WSC units which they will always build.

I had my sniper there and saw he had sniper in the middle, now i had time to kill the hmg in the building... smile.gif

+
# 5TAWFiedor Sep 27 2007, 15:22 PM
There is an option in the settings to have every army a different color. This way you will clearly see two different armies fighting on the same flank.

+
# 6BoH Sep 30 2007, 19:24 PM
You can also mouse over the fog of war where they would typically build their first building. the construction of the raxs and wsc sound different. With my 2v2 partner, I tend to go 2-3 pio start, while he goes 1 pio, so he has a little time to investigate. This can be very helpful to know if I, the supporting player, should spam mg42s because of dual rax, or whether I should get a bike and a sniper to counter some wsc.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)