Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Patch EN_171-2101 Error moving file

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SpookyMonkey Sep 26 2007, 17:52 PM
Hi. Seen many people having issues with the patching and stuff. I guess some of them can easily be fixed by reinstalling but not mine sad.gif

The installation is just about to start and when it starts to prepare old CoH files I get this messege.

An error occured while moving the file "E:\xxxx\Coh\RelicCOH.exe.TEMP" to "E:\xxxx\Coh\RelicCOH.exe".
The file may not exist, it may be in use by another program, the source or destination folders may be inaccessible,
or the current user may not have permission to move the file. If you cannot resolve this problem, please contact THQ technical support.
(Error code 10037:000000b7 (MoveFileW returned 000000b7: Cannot establish a file when it allready exists.))

After pressing ok it says "The patch was aborted before it was completely applied. You may have to reinstall CoH."

CoH wont work after this and it has cleared out much of the registry keys.

I have tried to download the patch 3 times, one time thru RO and nothing worked. Reinstalled xx times and nothing sad.gif

Please help me out! cry.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2DeadKennyIsDead Sep 26 2007, 19:12 PM
The game says its moving it from E:\blahblahblah to E:\blahblahblha but from my understanding CoH tries to actually move it from C:\blahblahblah, and since its not there it cant find it
Solution: install it into C:\blahblahblah, then copy it to E:\blahblahblah

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 3SpookyMonkey Sep 26 2007, 23:15 PM
Didnt work. Now it didnt even want to start patching. Would not validate :\

Guess I just wait for Relic to fix this fuc*ed up crap. How is possible to release a patch that SO many have problems with.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4DeadKennyIsDead Sep 27 2007, 00:08 AM
you have to have it installed at C:\blahblahblah, not just try to patch to there
you will probably have to reinstall CoH into C (uninstall and reinstall)

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 5KO3AK Sep 27 2007, 21:31 PM
I have the same problem, thus game installed on c:\blablalbal

+
# 6KO3AK Sep 27 2007, 21:54 PM
FOR the decision of a problem I had to remove game, and to remove all files in the catalogue of installation. After that the patch was installed normally...

Good luck

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)