Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

deccan speedy sepoy rush

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ali3d_saladin Nov 11 2007, 23:04 PM
SEPOY/RAJPUT RUSH
This strategy can be used on virtually any map in which you start with 400 wood. although if its not Deccan or Hispaniola etc you will lose maybe 1 settler production.

Main units:
Sepoy and rajput.

useful cards: wood distributism(lvl 25)
wood distributism(lvl 40)
5 sepoys
5 rajputs
600 gold
4 sowar

AGE I

put all but one settler on wood crates. use that one settler and shoot your hunts inwards. que a settler as soon as you have 100 wood. to save time and your mouse use the t(town center) and v(settler) hotkeys. after the first settler is queued put 2 more settlers on hunts. aim your brahmins to try and get food treasures first. then wood then experience and then gold. on most maps you will be able to make 9 settlers immediately in which case by the time u reach the ninth settler you should have enough food to age up. make the Agra fort to age up not very far away from your base. switch all but one settler to wood while aging . your aim is to finish age up from 3 to 3:30 min. you should've sent the wood distributivism card (level 25), which along with your 3-4 settler will keep up the settler production and will be used to build a house. note: to catch up you may need to put more than one settler on the fort.

AGE II
while aging you must halt settler production to make a house. this house will be necessary for the rush to go smoothly. after all if you manage to take out even one of his settlers and make most sit in the tc your sacrifice won't go in vain.make 5 sepoys from the fort and send the 5 sepoy cards to make a total of 12 sepoys marching at your enemy at about 4:00 to 4:30 by which time he will have finsihed aging up. now it depends on you either you attacked him and took his rax or some villy down. both scenarios will win you the game. if somehow he aged up and got some anti infantry then back out, send the 4 sowar card or the 5 rajput card if he has cav, and continue sepoy production or rajput if u dont wanna take any chances. he might have 5- 10 military units which will be easily over come with your sepoy/ sowar/rajput army.using your monks in battle is a major upside for india. these monks should only be brought in battle if the oppoenent has 10+ li.

what will win you the game: good treasures, good microing, good cow experience.
sorry forgot to record will do so soon.
also, alot can be done to improve this strat, for example theres a card that increases sepoy, sowar and gurkha hp's by 10 percent. which can give you and extra 19 hp.in team games theres a card i dont know the name that gives your team a continous trickle of all resources. also in team games if maybe 3 people knew this strat then instead of 15-20 sepoys. now thered be 45-60 sepoys marching at the enemies base. the best part about the strat is that the opponent will have a mindset of India being very bad at colonial and aging late and wont worry too much about aging quickly themselves.
Attached File Record_Game_1.age3Yrec
Size: 382.41k
Number of downloads: 305
Player Name Side Team
[+TFR+] ALi3d_SaLaDiN 1
[_NES_] andrew_fork 2

why rajput?
rajput cant get hit n run by li. and their 18 attack along with 2.3 multiplier makes them ideal to put in any army. making rajput insures that he wont think of making cavalry in the near future which will then enable you to mass gurkha later in game or ff and get mahout and urumi.

this strategy has served me well and brought me to major level 30. probably more if not for this cursed failed to join problem.

This post has been edited by ali3d_saladin: Jan 29 2008, 06:01 AM

+
# 2DanaEileithyia Nov 11 2007, 23:25 PM
When you have added the replay then I'll give it a watch smile.gif.

This post has been edited by DanaEileithyia: Nov 11 2007, 23:26 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3sneaky_squirrel Nov 13 2007, 00:11 AM
Lol, it is kinda obvious deccan is a good idnia map.

And by coincidence is located in India tongue.gif.

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 4spinsane Nov 13 2007, 01:12 AM
Any Extra Crate map is going to give super fast age times for India/Otto/Dutch/Sioux/Aztec/Iro.

+
# 5ali3d_saladin Nov 13 2007, 01:39 AM
QUOTE(spinsane @ Nov 12 2007, 17:12 PM) *

Any Extra Crate map is going to give super fast age times for India/Otto/Dutch/Sioux/Aztec/Iro.

yeah but on carolina or some of those other maps you dont have cows(experience). central plateau(walling up) and herds. u cant really find that much herds on carolina.

+
# 6sneaky_squirrel Nov 13 2007, 04:41 AM
Dude since anyone saw that map, they knew it was a total india map tongue.gif.

I always get all the livestock to get my shipments as fast as posible (Make up for india's slow shipment rate, +.08 I think...dunno exactly).

+
# 7WaytEarp Nov 14 2007, 14:24 PM
QUOTE(spinsane @ Nov 13 2007, 02:12 AM) *

yeah, thats it, all other civs will be also very fast

But, you can use a fast rush on other maps also, all on food and build vills with start wood, 1 vill forward to build agra fort, then all on wood until you can produce vills again, then split vills up on food wood gold... pwnz... 4 min age up, and you'll be able to attack really fast thumb.gif

+
# 8sneaky_squirrel Nov 15 2007, 00:59 AM
Yu can't leave TC idle, or you will lose, and sepoys aren't that good in rushing, what if they make archers....seriously I don't think the way you do it actually works.

+
# 9ali3d_saladin Nov 15 2007, 02:46 AM
QUOTE(sneaky_squirrel @ Nov 14 2007, 16:59 PM) *

Yu can't leave TC idle, or you will lose, and sepoys aren't that good in rushing, what if they make archers....seriously I don't think the way you do it actually works.

like i said archers yumi get TOTALLy owned by sowars
4 sowars>15 yumi.

also since hes chinese he can only make 3 bows at a time which is good for this strat.
tell u what. when u see 12 sepoy in yo base so early u dont get a chance to even make a rax. the dude i played with was saying "dude" "stop, i dont even have an army yet". literally.
and who ever thought india cud rush huh?. its all about the element of surprise and good micro and villy managing. anyway now im a 1st liut using india only. i havent once tried japs or chinese but i might do so later.

+
# 10ali3d_saladin Nov 15 2007, 02:50 AM
like i said china usually ages with the porcelain tower and they cant age as early as india because unlike india china has to make atleast one village up on his fb to get shipments, and his rax. which india dont cuz of agra fort which saves you a lot of time. by the time they make a rax u have enuff army there to stop any army coming out of there. so 12 sepoys can kill 50 bows 3 at a time .

+
# 11Kathlen Nov 15 2007, 09:14 AM
Agra fort is nice, map control and not easy to take down.
But generaly it just a galleon stuck at land tongue.gif

I know it say nothing but I have 5 loses and 4 wins against India and no of the loses was vs colony Agra Fort while 2 of the wins was, and one of them I took down Agra fort after 6 mins.

+
# 12WaytEarp Nov 15 2007, 10:58 AM
QUOTE(sneaky_squirrel @ Nov 15 2007, 01:59 AM) *

speedy sepoy rush wtf pwns.... i got col lt with it w00t.gif

+
# 13Rob the Terrible Nov 15 2007, 11:48 AM
QUOTE(WaytEarp @ Nov 15 2007, 04:58 AM) *

speedy sepoy rush wtf pwns.... i got col lt with it w00t.gif

So you don't cut any wood until you age and just use the crates?

+
# 14WaytEarp Nov 15 2007, 12:17 PM
QUOTE(Rob the Terrible @ Nov 15 2007, 12:48 PM) *

So you don't cut any wood until you age and just use the crates?

yup, thats true, try to get 90 wood treasure and cut 10 further wood.

this tactic can work very good, means, 400 start wood (=9 vills) + 90 wood treasure (+ 10 cut wood = 10 vills). but it can also suck ^^

if you are at 600 /700 food send a villie forward to build agra fort. preferably at enemies' huntables. its really good, try it thumb.gif

+
# 15ibthanos -eso yyrkoon Nov 15 2007, 13:17 PM
wow, thats a new look. I have been putting 4 on wood (chopping ) asap for constant villa flow which usally leaves me housed or almost housed when my agra fort is complete.

I can see that if i went for hunts with the first 4 villas and did not chop until I age, while i lose a bit of villa production, your rush time is about a minute faster.. and you catch them with the pan in the fire so to speak.

Do you forward build the agra fort? I used to do this, but i find i lose alot of time trying to place it and you lose a defensive edge if the opponent rushes as well...

But i guess this is all about getting early presure and constant pressure, kinda like the 2 rax otto rush...

+
# 16WaytEarp Nov 15 2007, 16:39 PM
place it forward, you just need to scout well. That's the key, vs chinese ff'ers this works well, if they arent above your skills (in my case satsuinoaru). i pwned lvl 34 with it wacko.gif
at the beginning i used to use (sounds funny whistling.gif ) the slow age up, that means at start getting wood crates then all 5 on wood + next vill also on wood, all other on food. Then send trickle card and age around 4:50. you have a really good ~19 vill eco when you're colonial but you are slow. The faster one really pwns, but good chinese players can also send 300 food in discovery, so they are even a bit faster than you. India are a tricky civ and you need to adapt in every situation ^^ i need to ask breedi whether i can post his fast-rush as a BO here, he invented it so its his decision wink.gif

+
# 17ibthanos -eso yyrkoon Nov 15 2007, 19:54 PM
yeah, i scout well and I have my forward villager(s) but i often cannot find a good place where it will allow me to construct the fort... so i lose 15-20 seconds searching and finding a spot...

Are you saying you use 300 food as first shipment? I assume wood trickle shoud still be first...

+
# 18sneaky_squirrel Nov 15 2007, 23:18 PM
300 crates are the dumbest shipments for india for 2 reasons.

Why do you need an infinite shipment you only use once?

The fact of it being infinite makes it not have the extra villy, in conclusion 300 crates never do have a purpose, not even for fast aging to colonial, but 700 crates are ok.

+
# 19spinsane Nov 16 2007, 02:47 AM
Fast aging only times properly if you've got 300f/400w. Otherwise it is better to either use a no-house age-up or the 4:20 w/house age-up.

+
# 20Rob the Terrible Nov 16 2007, 04:24 AM
QUOTE(spinsane @ Nov 15 2007, 20:47 PM) *

Fast aging only times properly if you've got 300f/400w. Otherwise it is better to either use a no-house age-up or the 4:20 w/house age-up.

You can get close to a 3:30 colonial(with forward fort) with that start and a good food treasure. If you get a good wood treasure you won't have much TC idle time.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)