Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

The Anti-tank Halftrack

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 113laded Dec 17 2007, 16:21 PM
Panzer Elite Tip #4

Anti-Tank Halftrack

The Panzer Elite's AT HT is one of the most misunderstood units added in Opposing Fronts. It is built out of the Panzer Support Kommand at a fairly inexpensive price. The most important thing a player needs to realize is that the AT in the name is very misleading. The Marder III is the anti-tank gun on wheels, the AT HT functions as more of a support unit for other PE units. It's basic attack is moderately effective against light armor and infantry, but not extremely good at either role. However, it has two abilities that spice up its combat options significantly.

Ability 1: Focused Firing- The AT HT functions as the PE version of a sniper when this ability is activated for the modest munitions price of 45. Every shot the HT fires during the duration of this ability will hit and kill an enemy soldier. This is particularly effective against the British due to the high price of their infantry. This ability can easily force your opponent to retreat his squads or risk losing them. However, keep in mind that the HT can only shoot in a forward facing direction, the turret does not rotate. Enemy infantry can come up from behind to destroy the HT with weapons perfectly safely if you try to use this ability to counter a huge blob of rangers or infantry sections.

Ability 2: Treadbreaker- Finally an Anti-Tank ability! This ability functions as the PE version of a sticky bomb-for 40 munitions the HT will immobilize an enemy vehicle, leaving it vulnerable to Panzerschreks, Marder IIIs, or Panzer IVs. In using this ability, you have to keep in mind that the AT HT will take forever to kill a Sherman or Cromwell left immobilized, so you really need to have some schrek or Marder III support for this ability to actually pay off with a vehicle kill. Fortunately, this ability has a fairly long range so it's easy to keep your HT in the back lines to shoot an enemy tank's treads out.

By: GeneralGrant

This post has been edited by General Grant: Dec 18 2007, 19:16 PM

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2RUKAclGround Dec 17 2007, 18:09 PM
Nice Post Bladed. AT is really ideal in middle game with PE. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by GroundV77: Dec 17 2007, 21:11 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3scorpy Dec 17 2007, 18:55 PM
its good for screwing up treads and engines but then again it takes a long reload time and gets totally decimated by practically anything the enemy can throw at u unless u can provide some kick ass support. Didnt know the focus firing could take out infantry with every shot tho, thx biggrin.gif but i still suggest if u have the fuel to go for the p4, thing just totally rapes everything but heavy armour thumb.gif

+
# 4RedDevil Dec 18 2007, 00:58 AM
I love watching shells bounce off the rear armor of a Sherman tank. Great animation to see over and over!

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+
# 5Feynmaniac Dec 18 2007, 02:07 AM
I'm the kind of person who double OP's with a scout car->panzer IV, but I may very well want to check this out.

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 6Marksmen77 Dec 18 2007, 12:05 PM
Very interesting tip, I remeber the first day I got OF i pumped one out and was wtf, this is useless. Never built it again. Maybe ill try it.

+
# 7General Grant Dec 18 2007, 19:18 PM
Edited to remove the question marks around munitions prices in my tip-I think those are correct smile.gif

As for going for Panzer IV instead-there are good reasons to do that as well. However, if you're short on fuel and high on munitions the AT-HT can do a decent job of filling in for a P-IV

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 8Diploid Dec 18 2007, 19:53 PM
Grant is churning out tips lately. Nice work, ol' bud! thumb.gif
Solid tip, I rather like it.

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 9Captain Hilts Dec 19 2007, 17:39 PM
Good tip.

Can anyone explain why the AT HT is able to take guys out with each shot when using focus fire? I know that it provides a huge bonus in accuracy but apparently there is no damage bonus. Considering that the gun does 25-30 damage shouldn't this mean that each shot only takes about half the health of each guy?

Also, I always thought that they were going to reduce the rate of fire on this thing when using focus fire. It looks like there's supposed to be a cooldown modifier of 2.5x but it actually does nothing. I'm wondering if they intend for this to work but just haven't bothered to fix it or if it's just in there by mistake.

+
# 10Sigh Dec 20 2007, 15:30 PM
Maybe he should add that it's good when paired with two other halftracks.

Mortar and Munitions HT's.

The range on the AT HT is fairly large, so you cna group it in with your mortar car.

Now why a muntions track? It reduces the cooldown of abilties. So it turns that tread beaker ability or focus fire ability from long ass cool down to half the time. It's very usefual.

Mortar car and muntions track? 3 second incendary mortar cooldown. Need I say more?

+
# 11Grapeheads Jan 22 2008, 05:44 AM
Does the Bren ability "button vehicle" stop the focus fire skill? I seem to remember it working despite the ht being buttoned. Anyone know?

Game: FPS

+
# 12FiveStarGeneral Feb 12 2008, 08:45 AM
Useful Tip! smile.gif Great work! thumb.gif

Now, I can effectively use the AT HT with the two abilities it has! In my opinion, it is good for supporting PG because it can use the focus firing ability to eliminate Rangers and as well as using the TreadBreaker ability to immobilize enemy vehicles.

This post has been edited by FiveStarGeneral: Feb 12 2008, 08:52 AM

+
# 13hardik_satasiya Jun 13 2010, 15:20 PM
wow !! at ht is useful but only in experts hand other wise will cost so much it takes lots of awareness other wise we can loose it in only 2 rounds of enamy tank fire.

+
# 14hardik_satasiya Jun 13 2010, 15:20 PM
wow !! at ht is useful but only in experts hand other wise will cost so much it takes lots of awareness other wise we can loose it in only 2 rounds of enamy tank fire.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)