Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.08

Isengard Question and Answer Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Grahlond Jan 7 2008, 02:45 AM
Ask all your questions about isengard here and they will be answered to the best of our ability smile.gif

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.08

+
# 2˛JAX¸ Jan 13 2008, 13:40 PM
Question about lurtz: When should u get him and when is his bow useful (other then useing it for cripple)

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Immortal^ Jan 13 2008, 15:57 PM
get him as early as you can. he is very useful with his bow isn't as good as his sword but it can be useful to attack another hero that you can't attack in melee. Also using crippple and the berzerk power is great to kill any heroee

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Dota 2

+
# 4Grahlond Jan 13 2008, 22:04 PM
QUOTE(˛JAX¸ @ Jan 13 2008, 08:40 AM) *

Question about lurtz: When should u get him and when is his bow useful (other then useing it for cripple)

I always get lurtz as my first hero, his leadership is extremely useful and he is a decent fighter. I use his bow when he is fighting troops that greatly outnumber your own so that he can retreat safely, or sometimes, if the enemy has cav and I am afraid they will trample my units I'll whip out the bow to kill the cav. It's also good if your enemy doesn't know you have lurtz yet, because you can use his bow to kill troops and change the flow of battle without your opponent knowing, then you can go and creep the trolls with him and your enemy still will not know what you've spent your money on. All in all though, his sword is generally more useful as it does more damage, and if hes mixed in with uruks he will level faster

+
# 5Frawstbyte Jan 14 2008, 00:10 AM
If Tier 2 archers are giving you trouble, I think that Lurtz 1-hits them.

Very useful to know.

This post has been edited by Frawstbyte: Jan 14 2008, 00:11 AM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6˛JAX¸ Jan 14 2008, 11:26 AM
Thx for the input.
One more: against which factions is warg rush useful/not recommended and some tips what to do after it smile.gif
If Tier 2 archers are giving you trouble, I think that Lurtz 1-hits them.

With bow too?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7Grahlond Jan 14 2008, 21:53 PM
QUOTE(˛JAX¸ @ Jan 14 2008, 06:26 AM) *

Thx for the input.
One more: against which factions is warg rush useful/not recommended and some tips what to do after it smile.gif

With bow too?

first question.

Warg rush is generally best vs elves and goblins (and possibly mordor if they go orcs). It is also good if your opponent starts archers+SoG as motw. The problem is you never know what strat your opponent will use, so I really only use it vs picked elves and sometimes goblins. After your warg rush, you want to get out ur uruk pit ASAP because otherwise they will simply make 1 pike and kill it and you will be screwed. Getting your own pikes out to creep is also useful to make up for your econ since it will be hurting after the warg rush

2nd q, yes with bow

This post has been edited by Grahlond: Jan 14 2008, 21:53 PM

+
# 8CH1LD Jan 15 2008, 16:26 PM
MaDDoX, teach us, MaDDoX, protect us, In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered.
In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve.Our lives are yours

Thats jacked up tongue.gif.

Lurtz has always been trixy for knowing when to get =(

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 9Grahlond Jan 16 2008, 03:05 AM
OH EM FUCKING GEEE ITS CHILD

+
# 10Xenith Jan 16 2008, 04:32 AM
Would it be possible to actually use X-bow creep vs. say dwarves? I mean if you went standard uruk, X-bow, Pike, and then use your X-bow to creep the first lair and your pike the second, then you could get a giant econ boost and a lvl 2 X-bow to defend (theoretically) Would this work and if so how should you properly do a X-bow Creep.

+
# 11^Smokey^ Jan 17 2008, 00:19 AM
QUOTE(Xenai684 @ Jan 15 2008, 20:32 PM) *

Would it be possible to actually use X-bow creep vs. say dwarves? I mean if you went standard uruk, X-bow, Pike, and then use your X-bow to creep the first lair and your pike the second, then you could get a giant econ boost and a lvl 2 X-bow to defend (theoretically) Would this work and if so how should you properly do a X-bow Creep.

I'm sure this is possible but not sure it would work too well, but, frawst came up with a build order where you could creep with x-bows. Read the topic here =)

But basically the build orders for the x-bow creep are
Better Economy, Slight Delay:
Furnace -> Uruk Pit -> Furnace -> Xbow -> Furnace -> Uruk -> Pike or Furn? -> Creep Money

Worse Economy, No Delay:
Furnace -> Uruk Pit -> Xbow -> Furnace -> Furnace -> Uruk -> Pike or Furn? -> Creep Money

Clan: vKo

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 12Xenith Jan 17 2008, 04:13 AM
yes, that topic was where i got my idea, but that focuses on getting only 1 creep and sacrificing your initial uruk rush. i was thinking of still doing your uruk rush, then getting you X-bow (this is on top spot) to creep the middle lair and your pike to creep the upper lair. the only problem would be creepsteal, otherwise you could get great econ since your pike could creep/creepsteal the troll and you'd have lvl 2 X-bow to defend, plus your initial uruk to hurt opponents econ.

+
# 13Grahlond Jan 18 2008, 02:55 AM
It could work, the problem is if your opponent puts on some good harassment, you will have NO furnaces because he will be raping you while ur xbow is creeping, you had better creep REALLY REALLY REALLY fast otherwise ur econ will be 0 once u spend the creep money

+
# 14Xenith Jan 18 2008, 04:40 AM
Thats why i was thinking maybe vs. dwarves and maybe mirrors/elves.

+
# 15Frawstbyte Jan 18 2008, 20:58 PM
Against Elves, you might as well just boom b/c they probably won't harass for a while. Once they see that you are Isen, odds are that they'll focus on LA/Pike combos, so the only serious harassment you'll be seeing are from large armies or single heroes, at least from my experience...

BTW, the Xbow Creep is fun to do, but it's not really all that practical. If you really wanted an alternative, you possibly could distract Wargs with a builder and then use WC on some Uruks. It could get it down, although it might not. If it does though, then you'll be in a great spot with extra cash for whatever you need, like possibly Lurtz or a second Pit.

+
# 16Xenith Feb 24 2008, 22:43 PM
All right, i got lot more questions, mostly general, all situations

1. saru of ups?
2. shark or worm?
3. FB for corsairs or uruks?
4. when to get seige?
5. when to get mines?
6. optimum number of LMs for FTF
7. FB or HA better?
8. When to get FA (specially vs. mor.)

More later, gtg now, thx

+
# 17Rainmaker Feb 24 2008, 23:49 PM
1. Depends of the faction. Other's can tell you more.
2. Facing cav or infantry? Sharku for cav, Grima for other stuff like heroes.
3. Sadly corsairs don't get FB
4. As the last resort.
5. As the last resort of a last resort.
6. As many as possible biggrin.gif
7. Personally I prefer HA coz isen units deal a lot of damage already and you already have Lurtz around
8. When he gets fellbeast or you suspect he's about to get him. No other reasons Imo.

+
# 18Xenith Feb 25 2008, 21:28 PM
QUOTE(Rainmaker @ Feb 24 2008, 17:49 PM) *

1. Depends of the faction. Other's can tell you more.
2. Facing cav or infantry? Sharku for cav, Grima for other stuff like heroes.
3. Sadly corsairs don't get FB
4. As the last resort.
5. As the last resort of a last resort.
6. As many as possible biggrin.gif
7. Personally I prefer HA coz isen units deal a lot of damage already and you already have Lurtz around
8. When he gets fellbeast or you suspect he's about to get him. No other reasons Imo.

3. woops, was thinking of mordor frusty.gif
6. i meant like how much should you take away from other stuff like ups to build LM in preparation for FTF
8. since fells often come really fast, would you ever skip other ups?

9. furn or deva (also late game, after you've gotten your first 25 pp)
10. ever get rain?
11. dragon or strike?

+
# 19Rainmaker Feb 25 2008, 21:47 PM
QUOTE(Xenai684 @ Feb 25 2008, 23:28 PM) *

3. woops, was thinking of mordor frusty.gif
6. i meant like how much should you take away from other stuff like ups to build LM in preparation for FTF
8. since fells often come really fast, would you ever skip other ups?

9. furn or deva (also late game, after you've gotten your first 25 pp)
10. ever get rain?
11. dragon or strike?

6. Imo it shouldn't come as a priority. Build when you can spare the cash.

8. You should be getting upgrades before fellbeast gets to the battlefield. Doable with Isen's 10pps. If you get surprised, better to get Saruman. Actually I'd first get Saru before getting FA at all.

9. Both produce roughly the same amount of money. Devastation stun enemy for your watcher or wizard blast but then it's likely you won't get money. Industry grants you a longer time advantage with giving you those important lvl3 furns. It's a trade-off, personally I'd go for devastation most of the time.

10. Against MotW, Elves and Dwarves I'd say. They rely more on LDs then say, gobs do.

11. Dragon I'd say overall. Both have their uses.

+
# 20Xenith Feb 25 2008, 23:59 PM
QUOTE(Rainmaker @ Feb 25 2008, 15:47 PM) *

8. You should be getting upgrades before fellbeast gets to the battlefield. Doable with Isen's 10pps. If you get surprised, better to get Saruman. Actually I'd first get Saru before getting FA at all.

8. What if you go wildmen?

12. Is WC more useful then others? I ask cause i watched some of Valheru's reps and he always (ok, so i only watched two games, vs. mor and dwarves) goes WC to crebain. I always thought either pali or crebain.
13. ok, this would be an adaptation of code101s strat in 1.06 forums, but would it be a good idea to send ten or so laborers along with your army when you attack? That would force your opponent either to micro his archers with every attack, or spend a lot of volleys on single laborers. And since they're so cheap resource and command wise, especially when you're facing upped archers it might be effective...

This post has been edited by Xenai684: Feb 26 2008, 15:11 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)