Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

Isengard Question and Answer Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Grahlond Mar 5 2008, 00:47 AM
grima+pikes tbh, that or grima+FU wargs, lurtz arrows help too, tbh countering BW sucks cuz they r retarted, but they've always been like that sad.gif

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 42Manitee Mar 5 2008, 04:14 AM
Grima? Hmm, maybe I'm just stupid, but I thought grimas speed debuff didn't affect BWs. Btw, haven't tried it, but would FU wargs + palantir speed catch up to BWs?

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 43Grahlond Mar 5 2008, 04:31 AM
ohmy.gif doesn't it? shit! idk if palantir wud work, good idea tbh. imo tho, in this MU as isen, it currently doesn't matter what u do, u still shit on dwarves, even if he has like 3 BWs with AT, just get 3 pikes, 3 zerkers and a hero and send them together or in dif directions... seriously zerkers fucking rape dwarves, protect them from BW->gg

+
# 44Rainmaker Mar 5 2008, 06:57 AM
Well theoretically they would catch the BWs, but in reality, the time during which they are buffed, is not enough.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 45˛JAX¸ Mar 5 2008, 10:30 AM
QUOTE(˛JAX¸ @ Mar 4 2008, 15:08 PM) *

How to counter well microed elf pike + archer spam (which means wargs are useless)?
They seems untouchable for me eyebrow.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 46Grahlond Mar 5 2008, 18:59 PM
ok jax, first of all, heroes vs elves is ALWAYS a good idea, in fact I often get all 4 in this MU. you need to get wargs vs elves imo, even if they are archer/pike spamming, because sharku and 1 warg can harass from dif directions and rape all of their econ. sharku is also good to kill pikes.

now, lurtz is great for picking off pikes or archers, whichever u need, and also help you deal with annoying elven heroes. his LD also helps and his scavenger is great vs elves expensive units.

saru, well he is obviously important, what better way to kill a well microed elven army than by fireballing the shit outta the biggest clump, not to mention the fact that WB prevents him from clumping his units as well.

Grima is possible the best hero in this MU, elves strongest point is their speed, take it away with grima and elves can no longer choose when to fight you, also his micro will be really shitty, perfect for a fireball/WB by saru as well as just closing in on them with infantry.

As for units, zerkers help, since MS r garbage pikes, but don't use them alone, you need to mix well with pikes/uruks, uruks are good as a meat shield because they have shield wall formation, allowing your other units to do heavy damage. xbows are also somewhat useful, because they will rip through MS allowing your wargs to come in and rape his archers.

unit mixing is the key in this MU imo,

once upgrades come for you it is just about gg since his archers will do so much less damage.

+
# 47DragonDisciple Mar 5 2008, 21:54 PM
archers pike combo from elves, here x-bows+uruk come and rape all pikes, now let the wargs come, laugh, watch elves dying, copy Saru when he dies to some LW, laugh when sharku owns Fu lancers and cry at elves summon and then laugh at watcher, now laugh at Fu wargs raping all elves have, most important is to keep your units alive so elves can't overwhelm you with leveled up units, and try to keep your army in 1 piece with some wargs at the flanks

QUOTE(Grahlond @ Mar 5 2008, 01:47 AM) *

grima+pikes tbh, that or grima+FU wargs, lurtz arrows help too, tbh countering BW sucks cuz they r retarted, but they've always been like that sad.gif

500 costing units who suck without spending another 350/500 on it means they should at least be able to "irritate" Isen a bit ya?

This post has been edited by DragonDisciple: Mar 5 2008, 21:56 PM

+
# 48Grahlond Mar 6 2008, 04:18 AM
what did u even mean by that last bit mate? I don't understand?

+
# 49Sevy Mar 6 2008, 07:23 AM
500 costing units who suck

i think hes implying that bws suck with out men of dale =\

This post has been edited by Chronicly_noob: Mar 6 2008, 07:24 AM

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Graphics

+
# 50˛JAX¸ Mar 7 2008, 22:14 PM
Thx grah,
vs picked elves whats better? Wargrush, or standard urukpit (if uruk then creep first or harrass with swordman)? Also what PPs

+
# 51Sevy Mar 7 2008, 23:30 PM
QUOTE(˛JAX¸ @ Mar 7 2008, 14:14 PM) *

Thx grah,
vs picked elves whats better? Wargrush, or standard urukpit (if uruk then creep first or harrass with swordman)? Also what PPs

i would personally go with wargsentry/uruck pit to creep steal with warg sentry and creep steal with urucks...

+
# 52Xenith Mar 8 2008, 22:24 PM
QUOTE(Chronicly_noob @ Mar 7 2008, 17:30 PM) *

i would personally go with wargsentry/uruck pit to creep steal with warg sentry and creep steal with urucks...

warg sentries are considered the cheapest of the cheap vs. anyone but gobs on this patch...

+
# 53Sevy Mar 9 2008, 01:49 AM
QUOTE(Xenai @ Mar 8 2008, 14:24 PM) *

warg sentries are considered the cheapest of the cheap vs. anyone but gobs on this patch...

tbh imo you gotta get down and dirty when playing this game elsewise you wont win

+
# 54Frawstbyte Mar 9 2008, 04:24 AM
QUOTE(Chronicly_noob @ Mar 8 2008, 20:49 PM) *
tbh imo you gotta get down and dirty when playing this game elsewise you wont win

Lol, not at all. I've won a decent amount of games with Harad Archer and Drummer Troll combos tongue.gif .

Anyway vs Elves I think that trying to creep yourself is the best thing you can do. Elves typically won't harass at first so you won't have to worry too much about defending. Use the creep money to get out Wargs and constantly expand. Then I think I'd hero spam, because each hero is very good in this MU. Lurtz can take out the hero spam. Sharku can harass very well, buff your Wargs, and can take out Miths if need be. Wormtongue's debuff is incredibly valuable and his quick leveling will help you against the Elf hero spam. Saruman's first two powers are also great at taking out Elf armies, and his High Leadership is just a bonus.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 55Sevy Mar 9 2008, 05:50 AM
"Lol, not at all. I've won a decent amount of games with Harad Archer and Drummer Troll combos .
"

i dont get this...

+
# 56Xenith Mar 9 2008, 12:47 PM
QUOTE(Chronicly_noob @ Mar 8 2008, 19:49 PM) *

no, most people try to uphold a certain level of morals in this community...

+
# 57Mr.Shankly Mar 9 2008, 14:08 PM
no they don't.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 58Sevy Mar 9 2008, 17:19 PM
All im saying is that if there is an easierway to win take it

+
# 59Grahlond Mar 9 2008, 18:32 PM
warg rush usually works for me vs picked elves. you COULD creep, but if he starts with 2 LA->creep he will out creep you and you'll be fucked. Ya you can use warg sentries, or you could not be an asshole and play the game, besides then you'll just have to relearn the MU when 2.3 comes out. Warg rush->fast uruk pit. The good thing about miths is they suck so much that it will be hard for them to take out your warg pit before ur uruk gets out even if he starts with a mith. Personally I go furnx2->WP->furn->warg->uruk pit

u get ur fast warg out and then can either go for more wargs or infantry spam. So I'll usually start with a warrior. From here expand and keep spamming infantry with wargs. The key to good warg usuage is to not lose them. They are much faster than any units elves will have out early game so you can RUN, don't suicide them, if you buy three wargs, you should keep them for a long time. Wargs are 500, protect that investment. If he is mad spamming miths/archers uruks+xbows work well, throw up bats and just rape his pikes so that when ur wargs come cruising in his army is finished.

+
# 60Xenith Mar 10 2008, 00:09 AM
QUOTE(Mr.Shankly @ Mar 9 2008, 08:08 AM) *

no they don't.

yes they do, or they don't get games.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)