Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Unofficial 2.02

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Spoony@CW Jan 11 2008, 18:21 PM
I proudly present "Unofficial 2.02", a patch project for Rise of the Witch-King.

check out the official section for u202:replay system
link to the section: RotWK 2.02 section
link to the portal: RotWK portal

As we all know, balance and bugs have always been a severe problem in Rise of the Witch-King. The game did bring new, exciting units into the BfME2 fold - but in many cases, poor balance and innumerable bugs have rendered them too powerful or not powerful enough. Most of the mini-heroes, some of Angmar's spells, the new elite infantry to name but a few.
It's also rather sad that we have had to make rules in the clanwars league limiting the use of Battlewagons, Fell Wind, Lindon Horse Archers, Warg Sentries in order to prevent exploits.

Unofficial 2.02 is designed to evolve Rise of the Witch-King to what it should have been in the first place. We did not try to introduce sweeping changes or alter the way the game was supposed to be played - our objective was to "fix" the game, not "change" it.

The patch also includes a brand new map for 1v1 play, 'Erech'!

EA is aware of our project and though it's far from certain that it may become official, this may be a possibility if the bulk of the community (you) approve of the project, the feedback is good and it is actively used.

A full changelist can be viewed here.
Unofficial 2.02 can be downloaded here.

Clanwars.cc and Unofficial 2.02
Effective immediately, this will be the official patch in the Clanwars.cc league. This also means that the following rules no longer apply:
- Lindon Horse Archers disallowed.
- Warg Sentry structure limited to three per player.
- Fell Wind use against structures restricted.
- Battlewagon Oil Barrel disallowed.
These rules are unnecessary with Unofficial 2.02 and are therefore now obsolete.

Cash Prizes
As I stated when we first announced the project, we are offering cash prizes. These will be offered for the results of the month February, so you will have the remainder of January in which to hone your skills.

Prizes as follows;
February Gold Warrior: $200
February Silver Warrior: $50
February Bronze warrior: $25
Additional bonus for the warrior in the top 10 with the most games: $100 (this can be added to the cup cash awards if applicable).

We will of course be vigilant against pointpushing, so please save your replays.

Credits
Producer: Will 'Spoony' Rose
Assistant Producer: Johannes 'JuanRing' Seifert
Programming Team: Tom 'ChenowethFactor' Chenoweth, Robert 'RobnKarla' Johnson, David 'Azrapse' Esparza, Thorin
Erech Map Development Team: Thoon, RhoDaZZ, M@tt
Testers: Delita, GodForbid, HellboyMC, Cyborg, Relatine, FabledIntegral, WingZero, Liam, Ultrazero, Raiden, J0nNy, Theodreds
Special Thanks: DarkMorgulKing, Zephos, TDA^, -Netput, EA Apoc

Clan: JR

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2JuanRing Jan 11 2008, 21:09 PM
To add a few things: This thread can be used to discuss the patch's release, however any further discussion should be led inside the patch's current forum, please abide by this rule to save Moderator's the trouble of moving your topics.

I've moved discussions relating to the development of the patch which were led in private to the U2.02 forum - please be aware of the fact that what you see there is merely a 10th of what was essentially discussed. Obsolete discussions and posts were regularly removed and replaced and irrelevant update threads are - needless to say - not included in the shifted threads. Shifting a portion of the threads to the public forum allows anyone interested to read through some of the discussions and is also a means of (hopefully) preventing revival of long resolved issues.

I would like to add an appeal: If you enjoy the patch and find it a significant improvement of the game, please don't hesitate to share its existance with your friends who may be oblivious of GameReplays' or the patch's existance. The patch's popularity is the key to making it the dominant patch online and the only way of achieving this is by getting as many people to actively use it as possible, which is where every one of you can contribute. If you enjoy the patch and would like to support it: Propagate its existance and whereabouts in the lobbies and try to get your friends to download it and play with you.

All that remains for me to say here is that we all hope that you enjoy the patch as much as we fervently trust you will and that you ascertain that the somewhat longer wait was well worth it.

Clan: JR

+
# 3Black King Of Numenor Jan 11 2008, 21:24 PM
1st w00t w00t w00t

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4KeTTuX Jan 11 2008, 21:25 PM
WHOLY SHIT YEA BABE

+
# 5Radiohead Jan 11 2008, 21:26 PM
stfu u tard

+
# 6Ab3r` Jan 11 2008, 21:26 PM
3rd nice

+
# 7Raiden^ Jan 11 2008, 21:32 PM
Good work guys thumb.gif

+
# 8Taterz Jan 11 2008, 21:39 PM
I hate you all.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 9^Era` Jan 11 2008, 21:41 PM
^^
Well done

Game: FPS

+
# 10spanner Jan 11 2008, 21:43 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif

finally we can play what we have been waiting for so long!

big thx to all who helped test and code 2.02 your work is very much appreciated thumb.gif

Clan: Teh Memberz

+
# 11Thorin Jan 11 2008, 21:51 PM
Very nice biggrin.gif, good idea to have the prizes in February biggrin.gif

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 12felicinho Jan 11 2008, 21:54 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!11eleven

*downloads+plays*

+
# 13DarkMorgulKing Jan 11 2008, 22:13 PM
QUOTE(Taterz @ Jan 11 2008, 14:39 PM) *

I hate you all.

sad.gif

Should be fun to see it played and used smile.gif

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 14-Anyhow- Jan 11 2008, 22:22 PM
I can be spanish translater for next release happy.gif

Game: Empire Total War

+
# 15Forlong Jan 11 2008, 22:29 PM
I think the only really appropriate response to this is "thank you."

+
# 16Jim Jam Jan 11 2008, 22:31 PM
great news smile.gif

+
# 17xenxo Jan 11 2008, 22:35 PM
good job guys

we want spanish translation !!!!!!!

+
# 18ThEoL Jan 11 2008, 22:36 PM
Very good news, let's hope community will use it.

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 19Sir Snoopy Jan 11 2008, 22:41 PM
I think that's what we'll all hold our breath for.

+
# 20Thoon Jan 11 2008, 22:41 PM
Download and play guys! banana.gif

Clan: Broken Sword Legion

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)