Explore GameReplays...

Cheat/Anti-Cheat Research - Survey

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1YKudzA Feb 21 2008, 21:43 PM
Developers from CogniSafe Ltd have released a survey, which asks for your thoughts about cheating in online matches. It focuses on two genres - RTS (represented by Command & Conquer 3) and FPS (represented by Call of Duty 4). This is a prelude to doing a technology proof test for the development of an anti-cheat system from CogniSafe Ltd.

Please, answer a few questions and, maybe, it will help in the perpetual battle against cheaters.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 2Imperial Dane Feb 21 2008, 21:48 PM
Well the survey seems rather specific to me and not just FPS/RTS games.. Perhaps it should just have been posted at the respective forums ?

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 3Halose Feb 21 2008, 21:55 PM
took the survey, nice.

Clan: electronic yakuza

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 4YKudzA Feb 21 2008, 22:01 PM
Well the survey seems rather specific to me and not just FPS/RTS games.. Perhaps it should just have been posted at the respective forums ?

not needed to fork it for different portals (imo)

+
# 5-Netput Feb 21 2008, 22:06 PM
Done smile.gif

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6Herz Feb 21 2008, 22:58 PM
Excellent, we're in need of something new than PunkBuster or VAC for FPS. Both are absolutely lacking in terms of anti-cheat now.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 7BaLL_ Feb 21 2008, 22:58 PM
haha netput ur still here. whats up man

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 8Tanachi Feb 21 2008, 23:46 PM
done

idk why they did this

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 9Herz Feb 22 2008, 01:31 AM
QUOTE(Tanachi @ Feb 21 2008, 18:46 PM) *

done

idk why they did this

They did it because for FPS games in particulary (I guess maybe RTS games?) hacking is a REALLY BAD problem and the current anti-cheat systems absolutely suck and are totally behind the ball game with hackers now being able to bypass them.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 10|elder|Kiltec Feb 22 2008, 01:39 AM
One word:
Disconnecting (aka drophacking).

This has been a prob in almost any of the recent and not so recent RTS games for years (I'm not even exagerating) yet there hasn't been any working solution to this.
Just check out our 2 largest sections, CnC3 and CoH to see how big of a prob it is. ph34r.gif

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 11terrormarine Feb 22 2008, 01:46 AM
QUOTE(|elder|Kiltec @ Feb 21 2008, 20:39 PM) *
One word:
Disconnecting (aka drophacking).

This has been a prob in almost any of the recent and not so recent RTS games for years (I'm not even exagerating) yet there hasn't been any working solution to this.
Just check out our 2 largest sections, CnC3 and CoH to see how big of a prob it is. ph34r.gif

Yea it happens all the time when i play DOTA and it gets me pretty pissed, though the anticheat system is very good for that beacuse people had Banlist and Listchecker so itll pretty garuntee that they wont play another game. Funny how when people who play the game take it into their own hands, it works pretty godd

+
# 12Agent RedFenril CTU Feb 22 2008, 02:18 AM
These guys are going to step up to the plate and get something going.

Let's hope it works, cause I have little optimism that it will.

+
# 13-Spartan`II7^ Feb 22 2008, 08:26 AM
The word drophack makes disconnection sound so uber awfully bad.

What do you wanna do about it, you can never be sure the person did it on purpose. It has happened to me before that I lose connection to the internet while losing a game.

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 14triumph Feb 22 2008, 08:57 AM
Done. happy.gif

Clan: EPIC

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 15-Netput Feb 22 2008, 10:00 AM
QUOTE(BaLL_ @ Feb 21 2008, 23:58 PM) *

haha netput ur still here. whats up man

nm, just the regular stuff.
sup with you?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 16MdK. Feb 22 2008, 12:59 PM
Done. Lets hope companies actually do something about it mad.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 17koner Feb 22 2008, 15:18 PM
Done.

+
# 18Cypher Feb 22 2008, 15:31 PM
QUOTE(terrormarine @ Feb 22 2008, 02:46 AM) *

Yea it happens all the time when i play DOTA and it gets me pretty pissed, though the anticheat system is very good for that beacuse people had Banlist and Listchecker so itll pretty garuntee that they wont play another game. Funny how when people who play the game take it into their own hands, it works pretty godd

Except for the fact that you should NEVER lose connection or else you get banlisted faster than you can start cursing.

All RTS games have maphackers, it's a thing you have to live with.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 19Sphinx111 Feb 22 2008, 21:04 PM
[rant]
I kind of get the impression that this survey is rather redundant, the game players themselves can produce solutions to the obvious hackers, steambans works well enough, and VAC2 isnt totally rubbish, the real problem is the private domain hacks, which we dont know about, and which the hackers are careful not to use blatantly. If they want to stop hacking they need to keep the system and their attempts totally silent until release, in which case they can advertise their success... but basically the hackers we (the public) cant stop are avoid, are the ones we dont know about, so theres no point asking us what we think about hacking...

[/rant]

Game: StarCraft

+
# 20AlbenoEpiX Feb 23 2008, 04:51 AM
I know how to fix cheating.

Introduce a cheat ladder!

A place where all the cheaters can go and cheat each other, best cheater wins.

Cheaters that play on the cheater ladder should be given incentive to do so.
Developers could hand out rewards, after all cheaters are useful, in that they expose
flaws in the game for the developers to fix. Any cheater that does so will be rewarded.

Also, once you play on the cheat ladder, your account is permanently noted in a database.
Thus, if you cheat somebody on a non cheat ladder and they report you, its easy to find out if you really are a cheater or not and therefore easier to make a decision as far as punishment goes.

Game: Red Alert 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)