Kanes Wrath

What is so special about Marked of Kane?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Niai Apr 6 2008, 08:52 AM
I have no idea why people think MoK are UP. I personally think both Cyborg units need a longer recharge time on their EMPs - it's too spammable atm!

But other than that I think they're fine.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 22DaS_BrOt_2MaL Apr 6 2008, 19:02 PM
QUOTE(Niai @ Apr 6 2008, 10:52 AM) *

I have no idea why people think MoK are UP. I personally think both Cyborg units need a longer recharge time on their EMPs - it's too spammable atm!

But other than that I think they're fine.

I'd rather say "fix that annoying runaway-bug".
Which means: Pretty often both Enl and Awa don't fire their emp. They rather run some meters in a random direction and after that, they emp (can be delays of 5seconds or so).
and btw: During that Scenario, the EMP- CD starts hen you give the order, which means if u give those EMPing squads another order, the CD is on but no EMP has been used.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 23Auron. Apr 27 2008, 03:57 AM
Most senseless thread ever...

"Tbh I have to agree with you, MoK is probably one of the weaker factions"

supercharged particle beams are WAY better than anything else, Marked Venoms don't even compare to Laser ones, Emp from the Cyborgs is very good, Awakened are the best anti-infantry infantry in the game with emp for vehicles, Enlightened have great anti-vehicle damage larger emp and are as fast as Scorpions, The tiberium trooper is even better against infantry than black hand and a little less effective on buildings but can slow down vehicles and uses cybernetic legs which makes it fast as hell too. I play Nod, GDI and their sub-factions and at the moment the only one I see a serious problem with, is Steel Talons.
All the others are fine, dozer blades need a cost/research time increase, fanatics a buff and that's about it for Nod. GDI changes are too extensive and needless to mention again as this thread is about Marked.
Learn how to use Marked before saying it's Underpowered, they're not about huge loads of spamming or brute force, it's all about finesse.

This post has been edited by Nomadz: Apr 27 2008, 04:02 AM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 24DuskNZ Apr 27 2008, 08:09 AM
QUOTE(Nomadz @ Apr 27 2008, 15:57 PM) *
Most senseless thread ever...

"Tbh I have to agree with you, MoK is probably one of the weaker factions"

supercharged particle beams are WAY better than anything else, Marked Venoms don't even compare to Laser ones, Emp from the Cyborgs is very good, Awakened are the best anti-infantry infantry in the game with emp for vehicles, Enlightened have great anti-vehicle damage larger emp and are as fast as Scorpions, The tiberium trooper is even better against infantry than black hand and a little less effective on buildings but can slow down vehicles and uses cybernetic legs which makes it fast as hell too. I play Nod, GDI and their sub-factions and at the moment the only one I see a serious problem with, is Steel Talons.
All the others are fine, dozer blades need a cost/research time increase, fanatics a buff and that's about it for Nod. GDI changes are too extensive and needless to mention again as this thread is about Marked.
Learn how to use Marked before saying it's Underpowered, they're not about huge loads of spamming or brute force, it's all about finesse.

well summed up

+
# 25CyberReaper Apr 27 2008, 15:44 PM
MoK is amazing. I often find myself taking out armies twice my size with a handful of scrops and some enlightened due to the fact that the opponent's army is gonna spend half of the time EMP'd. Epic units are useless when they can't move. The only thing I'm having trouble with atm is air units.

+
# 26Jarmam Apr 27 2008, 19:01 PM
"The only thing I'm having trouble with atm is air units."

If you see'em coming, Supercharged Venoms and Stealth Tanks can make absolute minced meat out of most airfleets, although some aggressive+kiting is needed with the Stealth Tanks (but air units = fast ranking). A T-59 air-rush is different, ofc, but actually, Buggies seem *much* stronger vs Stormriders than in TW. Again, if you see it coming, try a few buggies (no Swarm to ruin the day). Oh, and if you happen to have ST-rushed him with just 3 STs and he's going straight for air, he's toast.

Other than that, Enlightened EMP is absolutely insane. I cant believe someone would build these units and not use this ability. 2 of them can instantly turn a fight in your favor. Combine them with Stealth Tanks, which can fire without any risk vs an EMPed army, or Specters... ouch. They are quite arguably too powerful.

So are SCPB Shredders, but they will (hopefully) be tweaked in the patch wink.gif

+
# 27Angelskin Apr 27 2008, 20:58 PM
QUOTE(Niai @ Apr 6 2008, 10:52 AM) *

I personally think both Cyborg units need a longer recharge time on their EMPs - it's too spammable atm!

Agreed ^^
They are definitely not UP. But i think there are a few other things, that needs to be changed too:

-The cyborgs take damage on tib fileds.
-Awakened are a bit slow.
-Enlightened are too fast.

The possible solution (without making the MoK OP):

Cybernetic legs - 500$
Only affects Saboteurs and tib troopers.

Tiberium infusion - 2500$ (or 3000$)
Affects Militants, Awakened, Enligthened.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 28Zerĝ Apr 27 2008, 21:44 PM
^nah, enlightened is a must for legs imo.

Lol, MoK is amazing. So many opportunities, such a great and fun team to play with. You have to mix and be creative with them or else just go play BH/vNod. Learnt to use their unique units.

Right now to balance it really:

Legs to $500

Enlightened - $900

Shredder SCP balanced

Remove infusion - not a biggie, but really MoK shouldn't be relying on rockets as much, more enlightened. There on the cyborgs, not millitants, leave that for VNod and fantatics will be still good when buff'd to 1.9 stats as you can use the emp and then fantatics.

EMP starts on cool down once built/deployed from wf or sold structure.

__

This post has been edited by Zerĝ: Apr 27 2008, 21:49 PM

+
# 29Jarmam Apr 27 2008, 22:09 PM
QUOTE(Zerĝ @ Apr 27 2008, 23:44 PM) *

Enlightened - $900

That would make them absurdly overpowered, tbh. Their damage isn't too shabby once upgraded and they tank decently for a 1200 unit. And while your suggestion involves a CD when built, an army of these would rock anyone's socks on the ground. Once their EMP is ready, the sheer amount of them will lockdown anything permanently. They are definitely worth their price atm. Like Stealth Tanks, they're finesse units and benefit from a little babysitting, but if you babysit them!... They should stay that way. Leave spam to the vNod Laserscorpspammers and Scrin Mechanewbs.

+
# 30N00bKefka Apr 28 2008, 02:26 AM
http://www.gamereplays.org/KanesWrath/repl...33101&st=20
The RotW that show how S.tanks and enlighten's EMP own purifiers. The BH player seem to underestimate S.tanks and enlightened.

http://www.gamereplays.org/KanesWrath/repl...ls&id=33438
EMP is badass against n00b spammer.

Clan: Team|Alias

+
# 31Xeroy May 6 2008, 11:56 AM
MCV SPAM +SHREDDER SPAM FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

+
# 32Lucian May 6 2008, 19:15 PM
Hmm.....personally i think all the cyborgs are nerfed numchuks.gif

+
# 33austomj May 17 2008, 10:56 AM
QUOTE(DaS_BrOt_2MaL @ Apr 7 2008, 05:02 AM) *

I'd rather say "fix that annoying runaway-bug".
Which means: Pretty often both Enl and Awa don't fire their emp. They rather run some meters in a random direction and after that, they emp (can be delays of 5seconds or so).
and btw: During that Scenario, the EMP- CD starts hen you give the order, which means if u give those EMPing squads another order, the CD is on but no EMP has been used.

Second that. This bug is horrible, and is one of the big reasons why MoK aren't as good as they can be. If they can fix this problem then MoK will be a good faction to play.

This post has been edited by austomj: May 17 2008, 10:56 AM

+
# 34Croutonman May 22 2008, 20:29 PM
QUOTE(CyberReaper @ Apr 27 2008, 10:44 AM) *

MoK is amazing. I often find myself taking out armies twice my size with a handful of scrops and some enlightened due to the fact that the opponent's army is gonna spend half of the time EMP'd. Epic units are useless when they can't move. The only thing I'm having trouble with atm is air units.

I agree with you there. Highly spammable HH + Rockets or Zone Raiders can be bothersome.

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 35Lucian May 23 2008, 05:30 AM
indeed

+
# 36André_Linoge Jul 4 2008, 08:34 AM
I think the MoK's strength is rather subliminal so they are underestimated.

They don't have something obviously shocking like blue blazing purifiers or Lazerscorp spam.
But if you Emp half your enemy's army and slow the other half with liquid tib to kill all of it with stanks he will be like WTF.gif

The various strengths of MoK are more than the sum of it's parts.
MoK depends a lot of different units supporting each other:

Awakened for example are useless against tanks when on their own,
but they multiply the effectiveness of anti tank units when they support them. Greatly.
Same goes for Tib troopers.

Also you need to think and steer them more than other factions. Micro of course. But it pays.

Venoms for example. If you try to spam them and use them like a BH player
(attack move on enemy base) they die like flies.
But if you use them to harass from varying angles, always outpacing AA and spreading them with shift x so that you don't lose several venoms to a single AA missile, their value and durability increases noticeably.

I think they are a very challenging faction to play. All that i stated is way easier said then done.
I'm still trying to master them and i hope i will be rewarded.

+
# 37André_Linoge Jul 4 2008, 08:51 AM
QUOTE(CyberReaper @ Apr 27 2008, 15:44 PM) *

I like it when i spam Venoms(which usually fails, but i like them so much) and my opponent comes up with a Victory Fleet or HH instantly heroing most of my Venoms.
But if the HHs outnumber my Venoms and i don't yet have SCPB they're a problem.
With rocketmen they kill my Venoms and with Zone Raider/Troopers my base.
I can't kill them fast enough to prevent serious damage.

HH armor is insane.

I always think "Oh just air, i got Venoms, problem solved" and focus somewhere else but after a minute there is still battle and when i look back i think
"what? aren't you dead yet?"

+
# 38josh11769 Jul 5 2008, 04:07 AM
Someone please explain how they are UP. is it because they don't have lasor scorps, which would mean all the spammers don't play this faction dry.gif

Main difference of MoK from NOD is the upgrades (SCPB) and the added cyborgs and no flame units. If you like this trade off like I do then this is the faction for you.

And no need for any enlightened buff. great AT damage with emp. The emp is the thing which makes it worth so much imo and its worth every penny.

I think the awakened needs its rebalancing because after patch I don't wanna pay $500 for a weaker but only slightly faster basic infantry squad frusty.gif

+
# 39nhi Nov 22 2008, 03:05 AM
QUOTE(josh11769 @ Jul 4 2008, 20:07 PM) *

Someone please explain how they are UP. is it because they don't have lasor scorps, which would mean all the spammers don't play this faction dry.gif

Main difference of MoK from NOD is the upgrades (SCPB) and the added cyborgs and no flame units. If you like this trade off like I do then this is the faction for you.

And no need for any enlightened buff. great AT damage with emp. The emp is the thing which makes it worth so much imo and its worth every penny.

I think the awakened needs its rebalancing because after patch I don't wanna pay $500 for a weaker but only slightly faster basic infantry squad frusty.gif

1,200 for 3 infantry is scary.. =.= i mean 2 hammerheads wiped out my 6 groups of enlightenment =.= they should get anti air missles and let tib infusion make the cyborgs stronger

+
# 40X-Flame Nov 22 2008, 10:45 AM
What? Get some anti-air, Enlightened are already good enough. EMP, get out and let your meatshield take the target out.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)