Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Elven Question and Answer Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Aberrance` Apr 1 2008, 08:14 AM
Post here any and all questions regarding the Elves smile.gif .

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2kingender Apr 2 2008, 05:34 AM
Should I go LW/Miths against Dwarves

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Aberrance` Apr 2 2008, 06:37 AM
Do you mean a pure LW/Mith spam? Then god no,LW beat Gaurds 1 on 1 but Gaurds are much more spammable, you should always get Archers as well as a few LW, and if he has wagons, miths. This is one MU where you HAVE to unit mix. Or you could do what I do and get peasents instead of LW.

+
# 4Xenith Apr 24 2008, 22:05 PM
how do i use bombadil effectively? he's to slow to be of much use in battles where the enemy can retreat unless they're dwarves, but saving him up for big battles seems like a waste.

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

+
# 5Mr.Shankly Apr 24 2008, 23:27 PM
You can use him forward in the enemy base. For example send 2 FU lancers, summon tom and then you can take his PB easier. Or use LW and miths insteadd and use tom to help protect them. Or when you are sieging, summon tom to help your army protect your ents or w.e. You should try and use him so that if they run from him, it will hurt them ALOT.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 6Immortal^ Apr 26 2008, 02:29 AM
What is most effective BO to start with?
a little overview of what to do would help. thanks

Game: Dota 2

+
# 7Mr.Shankly Apr 26 2008, 10:43 AM
There is no "most effective BO" imo. Imo you should just do what works for you. I have had good results with going 4 archers to start with, going fast pikes and even warrior rushing. I would suggest using different build orders, and then using ones that seem to work for you. Although, if you are going early pike, i would suggest getting it as first or second unit.This way makes it is less likley that his soldiors will turn up while your pike is building.

You can also look at Anarion's awesome guides for example's of buildorder's. you can find them Here

This post has been edited by Mr.Shankly: Apr 26 2008, 10:44 AM

+
# 8MasterOfPhate Apr 26 2008, 15:35 PM
is it generally best to creep the troll first when you start with a LA creep? I usually do that so I can start spamming peasants for harrasment, and the cash ofc

+
# 9Mr.Shankly Apr 26 2008, 16:05 PM
You can also do that, but i wouldnt do it every game, as it makes you quite predictable.

+
# 10Aberrance` Apr 28 2008, 03:46 AM
I've learned this the hard way tongue.gif.

+
# 11Mr.Shankly Apr 28 2008, 11:23 AM
biggrin.gif same, i remeber someone watched a replay of mine once, then went Tree/stable b.o sent first cav to the troll, and second cav to the bottom warg. It wasnt nice sad.gif. Although someone else also tried that and i managed to stealth my archer and go back to creeping when cav was past. He didnt notice the troll-less liar.

+
# 12Xenith Apr 28 2008, 15:06 PM
so which factions should you not go for the troll creep first?

+
# 13Mr.Shankly Apr 28 2008, 17:50 PM
Well you can go troll creep against any faction in the game and win

+
# 14Xenith May 5 2008, 04:43 AM
what ld. can ents recieve, when should i get lancers, and when should i dual rax?

+
# 15Mr.Shankly May 5 2008, 10:23 AM
LD only get LD from treebeard, and i suppose farsite which add extra range. It depends on what you want to counter. If you want help with kill archers/ chase down enemy cav lancers are a good choice. If you want to have alot of infantry then dual rax.

+
# 16Xenith May 31 2008, 13:46 PM
If you're really desperate, can building two ents and sending them in with an army be a last-ditch strat?

+
# 17Frawstbyte May 31 2008, 16:27 PM
Well anything can be a strategy, and anything can work. A backdoor with Ents... I've tried it against Clever but he had TGs coming out when my Ents made a move on his base (the Ent Moot was at the middle Warg on his side). They weren't protected by units, but then again I was trying to make it seem like I wasn't going for sneaky Ents.

However if I was close to getting 15 PPs (like at 12 or 13 PPs), then I would put all my energy into getting those other 2-3 PPs and then use that instead on his base (because you'll also have a stronger army than you would by just going for an Entmoot).

Game: League of Legends

+
# 18Xenith May 31 2008, 17:33 PM
QUOTE(Frawstbyte @ May 31 2008, 11:27 AM) *

Well anything can be a strategy, and anything can work. A backdoor with Ents... I've tried it against Clever but he had TGs coming out when my Ents made a move on his base (the Ent Moot was at the middle Warg on his side). They weren't protected by units, but then again I was trying to make it seem like I wasn't going for sneaky Ents.

However if I was close to getting 15 PPs (like at 12 or 13 PPs), then I would put all my energy into getting those other 2-3 PPs and then use that instead on his base (because you'll also have a stronger army than you would by just going for an Entmoot).

what stage of the game did you do this, and coudn't you just have sent a single archer in with them?

course, 4 ents or 2 ents and 2 eagles=downed fort pretty much for certain if used at the right time

+
# 19Mr.Shankly May 31 2008, 19:42 PM
Well i guess every little helps, but sending 1 archer with it aint really going to be a great help unless you are very lucky

+
# 20Xenith Jun 1 2008, 01:02 AM
QUOTE(Mr.Shankly @ May 31 2008, 14:42 PM) *

Well i guess every little helps, but sending 1 archer with it aint really going to be a great help unless you are very lucky

well, he said he lost because a TG was coming out right then, and so if he'd manage to nail the TG, even if there were some SoG around he would probably have taken it out before he died

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)