Fail_Safe, CrazyWarlord

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1himynameismatt_ Apr 6 2008, 14:14 PM
Good luck smile.gif

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 2CrazyWarlord Apr 7 2008, 09:04 AM
Dont really know where to start.

1)So ill ask you could i maybe play some unrated games against you on TAD and record them to maybe see where i go wrong?

2)I dont really know the range of ranks i should be playing.

My PR on Aoe3 is 14 and on TAD its 3 (i know unsure.gif )

I reckon im capable of getting PR 20.

So what ranks should i be playing???

This post has been edited by CrazyWarlord: Apr 7 2008, 10:07 AM

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 3Fail_Safe Apr 7 2008, 14:59 PM
Hey,

Ok, well, atm I can't get on ESO but I should be able to by the end of the week (my comp died, but I'm getting a new one). Anyway, for right now why don't you talk a little bit about how you like to play, what strats you usually use and what you have difficulties with.

If you can, I'd also like for you to post a few recorded games against other players just for me to get a feel for how you play.

In regards to your second question, I would suggest that you play people around your TAD rank for now, if your better than them, you should gain rank quickly to the point where you soon reach an ELO and PR close to your skill level.

Feel free to add me on ESO and I'll let you know when I'm back up and running. if you have any questions feel free to ask

+
# 4CrazyWarlord Apr 7 2008, 18:25 PM
Playstyle - well generalyi will always follow a certain build order up till the end of my first attack then try to micro from there. I think i am weak because the initial rush is usually the same time into the game and the same units.

On vanilla I got taught a french musk rush and I started winning alot more and thats why i mainly use french.

sometimes in games i forget to do stuff like keep my pop limit above my current pop. ill end up losing valuble seconds of train time and stuff like that.

+
# 5Fail_Safe Apr 7 2008, 18:36 PM
Can you walk me through you initial bo and discuss where games usually go from there a little bit?

+
# 6CrazyWarlord Apr 7 2008, 19:34 PM
ill post a replay of it on a comp

+
# 7CrazyWarlord Apr 7 2008, 19:50 PM
At start 2 couriers on crates rest on food and i train couriers soon as i can.
I build 1 house (and 1 market)
All couriers on food.

1st shipment 3couriers.

13-14 couriers on food then i start aging with quartermaster (400wood)
During ageup i research gang saw and send like 6/7 couriers on wood 2 on food rest on coin and make about 5 houses. Once thats done, couriers on wood go onto hunting.

At colonial i collect wood from crates and build 2 rax.

2ndshipment 4 couriers

From there i keep a 4:1 ratio food:coin and spam musks

This post has been edited by CrazyWarlord: Apr 7 2008, 20:01 PM

+
# 8CrazyWarlord Apr 7 2008, 19:50 PM
from there i try to keep constant vill production and micro vills and military depening on opponent. if i manage wel i usually win. if i dont it just goes wrong and i lose.

i think my main weakness is micro - management with vills and troops

This post has been edited by CrazyWarlord: Apr 7 2008, 20:05 PM

+
# 9CrazyWarlord Apr 7 2008, 19:52 PM
Attached File Record_Game_1.age3Yrec
Size: 937.02k
Number of downloads: 22
Player Name Side Team
here it is

+
# 10Fail_Safe Apr 9 2008, 01:30 AM
Ok, so my computer is back up and running, I should be able to get on ESO tomorrow and I can take a look at the replay you gave me. Can you get me some recs vs human opponents of you trying your strategy?

You don't need to just post losses, you can post some times when you won too. Actually, a mix would be best and against different matchups, etc

+
# 11Fail_Safe Apr 9 2008, 20:28 PM
Ok, so I noticed a few things that you did well and a bunch of things you should work on.

What You Did Well
-Good micro on creeping that coyote treasure
-Decent age-up time to colonial
-Good Job continuously pumping musks, and good forward placement

What You Neet to Work On
-Your explorer and scout were standing still for too long at the beginning of the game, and when you started moving them you took too much of a roundabout route with your scout and after getting that free treasure you let your explorer idle too much. You also kept your explorer/scouts idle for much of colonial. Normally, I would advise that you keep your explorer with your army to keep yourself from getting owned by stealthed units. Keep your scouts moving or else stealthed in a place of some strategic value (such as right around their 'rax/stable/whatever)
-While your explorer micro was good in genera, you were a little too relient on your crackshot at times, for example when you went after the scout treasure all you had to do was put your explorer in melee mode and he could've done the same thing a bit quicker
-ALWAYS SHOOT HUNTS BACK TOWARDS YOUR TC! I can't stress this enough, it makes you less vulnerable to raiding. You started herding your second group of hunts but after that you kinda ignored them and your villies shot the hunt group all over the place.
-Maintain constant villie production. You'd be surprised how often that makes a difference in the game, if you maintain constant villie production then you can recover from a failed initial rush or switch to a new strategy/ageup or whatever.

As for your strategy:
Your overall idea was solid. Your times were solid, but I have some technical issues with the rush itself.

1) You don't need all that housing at first, if you can, just putting 2-3 villies on wood from the time you click up onward instead is all you need, if you can remember to keep and eye on your pop). That's something you can work on, but if you can remember to keep building houses every time those villies gather 100 wood your alot better off. Try it, but for right now if you can't remember and you keep getting popped it's ok to try it your way. If you can, I would strongly suggest you distribute villies 7-8 food, 2-3 woo, and 4 gold. That should give you the resources you need to maintain both house, musk and villie production.

2) IMO your card order could use some work. I would personally suggest 3 cdb->3 huss/8 xbow (if your going to be very, very aggressive, or your getting rushed hard)/700 food (if your not getting pressured as much/aren't going to be as immediately agressive)->4 cdb->700 wood->situational. The reason I suggest this is because the 4 cdb don't pay off as quickly so if you intend to rush/harras/agressive colonial warfare IMO your much better off with something that will provide more of an instant benefit.

I just have 1 more point, and that is efficiency, hotkeys are your best friend. Hotkey your TC (so you can just select the hotkey and press the villie button every once and a while), your raxes and different groups of units, you'll be surprised just how much more efficient that makes you. 2 try to keep everything moving while your playing, run over a checklist in your mind, A I building villies? Am I building military? Are my villies distributed well? Am I scouting/harassing? What is my opponent doing? What am I doing to counter him/her? What is my eventual plan? that should help. Just keep in mind that every unit you have should be doing something that improves your position at all times.

+
# 12CrazyWarlord Apr 14 2008, 09:39 AM
Sorry, my comp was crapped up.

Yeh, generally i do forget simple things like scouting and constant vills. i know i should but i forget loads. ill post replay vs human

+
# 13Fail_Safe Apr 14 2008, 13:20 PM
Ok, sounds good.

That's just something you can work on yourself. I started trying keep a mental checklist of the things I needed to be doing and it really helped me out. Another point to keep in mind is that if you ever find yourself sitting still, just waiting and not moving your mouse or hitting a hotkey, that's not a good thing, even in a relatively slow-paced game like AOE (well compared to something like starcraft anyway) you should always be doing something

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)