WaytEarp, Teppichporsche & King Karamazov

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DanaEileithyia Apr 7 2008, 09:50 AM
Good luck banana.gif!

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2WaytEarp Apr 7 2008, 11:19 AM
yo

you both do already know me smile.gif had KK in last mentor project and teppich is a mate of mine

so

which civ? want to learn something new?

i'm stuck at gers atm, but i can play french and india as well

dont have tactics with other civs but i could help you with general things there tongue.gif

so, post some reps (dont post the 'best' and dont post every replay only post those where you don't know how you could've won, there i should be able to help you biggrin.gif )

if you want me to play with you, post reps of mine, post as well

anyways, looking forward to teach ya

Wayt

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 3Teppichporsche Apr 7 2008, 15:06 PM
Servus Wayt smile.gif

i gonna play German now too. I played them in Vanilla and now i think they are a good 1v1 civ because Xbow/pike/ulan is a good combo in 1v1.

Im aging ~17 pop and while aging i got 3 settelr wagon and 3 vills on Wood rest on food.
i build a market get wood and hunt upgrade build a house get 1settler wagon for 1.rax and than xbow/pike and ulan shipment.

You think that 5 pikes are enough when he got 5 husars .?

Perhaps a Jap i got probs ..ashi/yumi and boom thats hard.

THe 2nd thing is , that i dont know when i have to go to age III.

When u is spamming units and i dont spam and collect for aging im death when he attacfks before i arrived age III.

+
# 4King Karamazov Apr 7 2008, 16:11 PM
Hey Waytearp. smile.gif Hopefully I'll see you online some more this time and actually get some games in with you.

I'll try to post more replays than last time.

Right now I'm playing mostly Iroquois (love their new colonial in 1.01) but I may also play some India, which I know you are quite familiar with.

Looking forward to your advice. smile.gif

+
# 5WaytEarp Apr 9 2008, 11:24 AM
@ teppich, your BO is good, if you prefer you can also ship 3 SW as 1st colo shipments, thats a personal choice.
I do also prefer unit shipments

then, vs japs I'd suggest skirm + uhlan ff, if he attacks you, get some defences up when he attacks you.
vs spaindevil

when he's aggressive, use this tactic

when he's deffo, just do straight ff and then 3 tc boom if you don't manage to overwhelm him

when to ff... depends on civ, starsky onces said: "you can ff in every game" , but you should just do if
1) your gold mine is in range of your tc (not to easy harrassable)
2) you got hunts or / and berries
3) your enemy has a weak rushing civ or a ff civ

if you want to learn ff watch starsky recs, he's expert there smile.gif

@KK
sure! post reps and perhaps we'll meet on ESO wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File __LoSt___SpAiNDeViL_Japanese__Vs__BA__WaytEarp_Germans____New_England___Supremacy_.age3Yrec
Size: 440.73k
Number of downloads: 11
Player Name Side Team
[LoSt-] SpAiNDeViL 1
[|BA|] WaytEarp 2

+
# 6King Karamazov Apr 12 2008, 05:20 AM
Here's a game, myself Iroquois versus my PR 34 clanmate Navarone_Guy (Harley14), China.

It starts off well; indeed, I even have the upper hand. But his micro is better and being China he gradually outmasses me with his better shipments and cheap units.

I think I could have spent my resources better here, and I also need to get cavalry out sooner (didn't get a stable up fast enough), but besides that I'm not entirely sure on specifics. How could I have managed those battles better? I did my best to keep my cavalry away from his pikes and on his Chu Ko Nus but I'm not sure I could have done more.

The positioning of my warhut was somewhat unfortunate as well, but I expected to be attacking him across the river, I forgot that Nav likes to hide villages for shipment points.

Well, there's the game.

Attached File(s)
Attached File KK_vs_Nav_1.age3Yrec
Size: 435.35k
Number of downloads: 11
Player Name Side Team
[N3O] KingKaramazov 1
[N3O] Harley14 2

+
# 7WaytEarp Apr 17 2008, 11:32 AM
sorry for neglecting my mentoring

will watch it now and give you some advice smile.gif

so,

actually you started off pretty well, but then you lost control somehow.. you went for all out kanya, that was pretty bad, since quiang will rape you then

another point, if you have a firepit, then use it, everytime you're fighting put 10 vills on firepit and do wardance, wardance is just op.

Your cav micro was pretty bad, you should really work on that, split your cav up and use attack move against path finding problems. I personally got attack move on "S" and use it for almost everything.

In general the game was good, but you shouldn't use your age up travois as forward since it takes a bit to build up. I'd suggest you to watch some challe recs.. he's pretty defensive with iroq, but it works.

generally it was played okish smile.gif

any other questions or replays? jsut post biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by WaytEarp: Apr 17 2008, 11:41 AM

+
# 8WaytEarp Apr 22 2008, 11:57 AM
you may post here biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)