chaotix, eagles21

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1himynameismatt_ Apr 7 2008, 19:41 PM
Good luck! smile.gif

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 2chaotix Apr 7 2008, 21:39 PM
hey smile.gif
Tell me a time to catch a game, and your ESO name would be great!
Im about PR23 with japan, but i just havent got that far yet with rated games, im somewhere around PR20-21 atm, i forget which!

c u soon smile.gif

+
# 3eagles27 Apr 9 2008, 01:54 AM
Hey my eso name is flooky_hate_weed and im about a pr 14 right now..Ive been playing alittle russia and japan lately.Im from the us central standard time don't know where your from?? Best time for me is evenings.

+
# 4chaotix Apr 13 2008, 09:58 AM
Im from the Uk, so GMT+1 (british summer time) so posting recs of your games when you loose will be the best way to train you i think, but we can get the occasional 1v1 in sometimes.

I watched the rec of us playing and wrote a list of things you should think about

1) Treasures - Pick up all of them.. if you have idle military, go get some treasures or sth, put them into good use. Raid with a few skirms (7-8) and shoot at one vill to take it out. Thats put me 100 food and a villager down! Each treasure is basically free resources, and to collect them would take a villager quite a long time, so they're well worth the effort.

2) In our first battle, you attacked my yumi with your cav, so i just moved my yumi away and let you play with the ashi - 3 cav lost easily.

3) you used your minutemen too soon, i hadnt done very much damage, 1 house down, save the minutemen for when i intend to do some serious damage, at that point hit and run with your skirms wouldve been okay, it wouldve reduced my army size so you couldve taken me out later on.

4) When you went up to age3 you need to have significant defence if you know your opposition has a big army, I think before advancing you should just check what my score is doing (if going down by 1-2, then going up 4 means im producing units and you should concider defence, but i think it may have paid of in the game)

5) you started using your market at 20 mins, i think by that time my market was fully ageII teched out.. fix this.. 2 people with even skill, the one with the most market upgrades will win.

6) your unit combo, you didnt really change it after i got loads of yumi, so i just kept spamming yumi because there were no cav to stop me.. you also kept making ryuter and sending them into the battlefield.. keep them close to your skirm for protection but dont get them killed.

7) We've already discussed that then aging to IV was probably a mistake at this stage, but even when you got there you didnt upgrade your skirms immediately... so there was no real point in advancing anyway, you did start to research Industrail skirms.. when your TC was down...
If youre going to advance resarch things to make your army better rather than making more in effect it will make 5 skirm => 7 skrim in effect. so if you have 20 skrim, these become as good as 28 colo skirm.

8) 4 banks.. your econ was a bit skewed.. loads of food.. loads of wood.. but you didnt research bank cards.. I wasnt exactly being agressive, so go get bank cards and keep up with my econ.. (if you had more vills you would have more resources therefore more xp, so you could make more units and vills with these resources which will get you more xp, which will get you cards for banks which will earn you more xp etc.)

9)Your herding.. when you're hunting shoot your hunt in the direction your vills will come from. I.e. at the beginning of the game.. walk into the middle of your hunt, and shoot the deer closest to your TC and they will all run in the same direction the fired gun points... if that makes sence.
This reduces your idle villager time significantly, so do it all the time. Also there was a point late game where you had a hunt party miles from an outpost so 5 nagi killed 5 vills.. herd those deer towards the outpost!

10) Vill production should be constant.. that will take work though. Its one thing that will make the whole improving thing easier, ive just mastered it and gone from PR19->21 in a week and i almost won vs a captain brits yesterday! (didnt have 2 funes in my semi-water deck) so he took it off me and water boomed.. sad.gif

11) scout more, see what im making so you can conter it.

I suggest you write 1-2 words on a post-it note which remind you of these things and put them all around your computer screen.

This post has been edited by chaotix: Apr 13 2008, 10:07 AM

+
# 5eagles27 Apr 21 2008, 02:19 AM
Thanks ill work on those things..I'll get you some more records to watch of my play.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)