Player Name Side Team
DrHorse 1
DrDonkey 1
SekiSelu 2
Dragoon 2

Clan: EPIC

+
# 2SV-Dragoon May 5 2008, 00:03 AM
I trust they can post the 2nd replay wink.gif GJ by them. Most epic 5% bug action I've ever witnessed...

+
# 3skaffa May 5 2008, 00:04 AM
congratz CA

well done biggrin.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4sweix May 5 2008, 00:05 AM
gg guys, this 5% bug funny.
2-0 we won.

Attached File(s)
Attached File game2.rec
Size: 375.65k
Number of downloads: 1352
Player Name Side Team
SekiSelu 1
Dragoon 1
DrDonkey 2
DrHorse 2

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5CommanderKickass May 5 2008, 00:05 AM
Dogged in controversy. What a disappointment this result is to me on a personal level.

+
# 6Sepha May 5 2008, 00:07 AM
Congrats to Crazy Animals! biggrin.gif Tournament winners.

The rest of the tournament summary will be posted on the portal tomorrow, thanks to everyone for taking part. smile.gif

Clan: Insane

+
# 7Anik3tos May 5 2008, 00:09 AM
Lets see what the whiners think off next? Kind of hard for them to say I played for them because I was in chat the whole time posted on this forum during the game and talked to Sepha online.

Intrestingly enough same tactic as in Third round? Hmm how is this possible? Maybe because they have set amount of tactics for a sertain maps, you sour losers who make up the most rediculas nonesense up for their loss.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 8Sepha May 5 2008, 00:18 AM
I think there were a lot of silly accusations thrown around without any proof and people just arguing over silly things, if you have no proof of anything at all then don't make accusations in public. This is why you shouldn't accuse people of things in public in the first place just pm me or ipkaifung if you think something dodgy is going on since we make the final decisions, no need to share it with the world and cause drama. It can get messy, and there are no winners in those situations.

This is one of the big reasons we don't have a drop accusations forum, the amount of false cheating accusations etc going on would be so large it wouldn't do any good for the community at all.

Anyway well played by all teams right up to the final, you can look forward to the 1v1 tournament within 1-2 months and then another 2v2 tournament possibly happening after it, if all goes well. smile.gif

+
# 912azor May 5 2008, 00:18 AM
Well played both teams smile.gif .

+
# 10Anik3tos May 5 2008, 00:23 AM
QUOTE(Sepha @ May 5 2008, 00:18 AM) *

Anyway well played by all teams right up to the final, you can look forward to the 1v1 tournament within 1-2 months and then another 2v2 tournament possibly happening after it, if all goes well. smile.gif

I'll be looking forward to it and we will be more prepaired for you Sweix and Horse next time u0udiablo.gif . I hope the allies will be nerfed significantly (ARTYYY) so that axis would have a better fighting chance.

And another suggestion if the balance would still be crap, make it this way: Team with more vp's selects the side they want in third round and team with less the map (only maps that are in the tourney). So this way the underpowered side has a slightly more chance of winning third round? Because games on Lorraine are really who can be 2 times Allies for example. And it results in boring games where people vp rush.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 11CommanderKickass May 5 2008, 00:30 AM
Love to see the overall tournament stats for Allied wins Vs Axis wins and on which maps.
Not including the first round ofc because the quality of some teams is questionable (on one of the best maps by the way, what a waste!)

+
# 12SV-Dragoon May 5 2008, 00:34 AM
I think thats a good suggestion by aniketos for the map. Many All the 2-1 games was simply decided by who had better vp control as allies.

Our only complaints were amazing 5% bug and henschel being broken. Oh, and the bren squad with extra lieut vet at the start of the game, bleh. Their strat was solid but we felt as though we had some terrible luck.

And I think everyone agrees that artillery and mass medic action is op for allies. Especially that american medic bunkers take their casualties to cas clearing stations and produce tommies. And 5 riflemen (27 * 5) becoming a 450 mp tommie squad? My god.

+
# 13tamiya May 5 2008, 00:43 AM
yeah I like that suggestion from ani, in the later rounds games just devovled into VP rushes to secure allies in the 3rd game which is not really very fun

Clan: ArX

+
# 14Sepha May 5 2008, 00:48 AM
I watched the second game and that panzer elite rush strategy at the moment even in 1v1 games is completely brutal. It's extremely hard for the british to counter the combination of units so early in the game, 3 pg's 2 inf ht's and a mortar ht supported by a shrek squad and another on the way by around the 6-7 minute mark. You have a massive anti-infantry and anti-blob tool with a shrek for killing stuarts/m8's.

Krausen and other players on ranked beat me with this as PE almost every game it's really hard to put up a fight against especially once the infantry halftracks get some vet, I talked to gunnersmate for a while as well and he has a really hard time countering it as brits too.

Anyway we'll note your suggestions for the next tournament and might possibly use the map idea, we want to make it as fair as possible really it's a shame that CoH doesn't support mirrors but that's the way it is. smile.gif

One main reason I set out to organize tournaments in the first place was because I was disappointed at the lame VP rushing that used to happen in old tournaments where you could just VP rush in the second game, there were only 2 games and VP decided the outcome.

+
# 1512azor May 5 2008, 00:55 AM
Mother of 12 minutes stuka ohmy.gif

+
# 1613laded May 5 2008, 01:03 AM
Well played, very strong axis strategy second game - hedges on mcgechs make the stukas incredibly powerful.

In reply to aniketos' suggestion - only problem I have with it is that if a situation arises where there's an allied and axis imbalanced map people will try to be the lower VP count so that they can pick the map for the faction they're forced to play =/

+
# 17akimsko May 5 2008, 01:06 AM
Wow, some strange medic stuff going on. 4 US medics returning corpses to an unfinished Casualty Clearing Station - then it instantly poppes out 2 tommie squads, once it was done... biggrin.gif

Gratz on the tourny win.

+
# 18Versat1le May 5 2008, 01:15 AM
good job everyone,

I thought the first game was incredible. thumb.gif

+
# 19TinyFly May 5 2008, 01:22 AM
Another thing to note is PE is the only faction without any sort of casualty collection , and they have the most fragile units (3 man squads). I think that is a massive problem having the brit casualty clearing station pickup dead riflemen and turn them into the elite tommies that are better than any infantry in the game.

Where as the only axis reflection of that sharing wise is turning expensive PE units into grenadiers.....

There are so many balance issues but this isnt the section for that wink.gif

GG well played by both teams , I personally would of liked to of seen the final map being something different than mc'gaychaens heh

+
# 20SekiSelu May 5 2008, 01:40 AM
GG guys, that axis was brutal.

Too bad the first round went the way it did - we could've had the finals decided by Axis play!

While Henschel being worthless didn't cost us the first game, I think the invulnerable vehicles really hurt us in the second. It's EXTREMELY demoralizing, and costly, to reach for that last shot that *should* kill it (multiple times) and never take the darn thing out.

Luck swings both ways, here's hoping for a rematch in the future wink.gif

Edit: Claims too bold.

This post has been edited by SekiSelu: May 5 2008, 01:41 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)