Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

TheDGN's DayGloStrangle

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DayGloNinja Jun 19 2008, 00:27 AM
Hey guys, I've been developing this style of play on Angoville and Langres. Basically you sacrifice early point capping and slightly delay HQ truck moving in exchange for effectively aggressively taking enemy strat points.

STRAT FOCUSES ON;
1. Resource Denial
2. Non Campy--limited emplacements.
3. Quick tech.
4. Early Victory (or at worst a strong advantage into mid-game).

I think the strat is more effective against PE (which is a more Fuel dependent for its counters; mortar HT and flame nades) but it can work against Wehr as well.

MAP KEY...
Red - 1st Unit. default RECON SQUAD
Green - 2nd Unit additional Tommy Squad
Blue - 3rd Unit. LT.
Pink - HQ truck move

From the south of ango... take your recon squad and cap your main strat point to the northeast and then proceed directly to your oponents main cutoff strat point. CAP and trench. If there are pios or kettenkrad chase them off. Usually, if opponent has no unit there they will not get there in time to contest. If PGs rush to defend, snipe and charge in until u can chase them off and or kill them, then finish building trench. Usually you will have trench up before 2nd pg can come up to contest. Against Volks, snipe and close in and the same result should happen.

Because u capped ur strat point ur second squad will make it to the munis faster since they are treading on brit territory and therefore should be on the way to help at enemy strat point before opponent can counter.

Attached Image

From the north, take your recon squad and cap your main strat point to the southwest and then proceed directly to your oponents main cutoff strat point. CAP and garrison house. If there are pios or kettenkrad chase them off. Usually, if opponent has no unit there they will not get there in time to contest. From inside the house you will be able to defend the cutoff until more of your forces arrive.

Attached Image

On the south of Langres, send ur recon squad to cap the fuel immediately to the left of the start sector to get early fuel rolling in. Then send it to cap the high munis (where ur HQ will move after building the 2nd and 3rd units). Then move ur recon to cap the road strat point and then the cutoff strat point. Because of the 4 caps the recon squad will make, ur second squad should arrive at ur enemy cutoff point at the SAME time or just behind ur recon squad. Cap the strat point with ur Recon squad and build a trench beind it with your 2nd tommies. Then build a second trench far enough away from the first that a single flamer or mortar flame round will not kill both trenches.

Meanwhile ur LT caps behind your forces. After ur HQ settles in a BC w/ upgrade will finish the overwhelming force off. At that point u can even build a vickers emplacement and head off to cap more map.

Attached Image

If for some reason you are forced off (which should not happen with the early brit infantry advantage) you can revert to a more traditional style of play (read: campy brit BS).

Here are some good examples...

Watch for Tortured's comments at the end of that game. Also, the Scorpion game is a textbook example of this strat.

I think the itaperuna game is a later implementation of the cutoff from the NORTH on langres. It's much harder to hold but as evidenced still possible.

The games against ScKorpion and Stim are textbook.

The games against Robo and Nystrom are telling of the strats power. Those two top players managed to force me off the strat points outside of their bases but in both cases gave me a massive resource advantage early leading to faster tech for me. I pulled out the one against nystrom because of this. Robo however just out played me in the late game and managed to beat me.

I included the Piospam game I posted elswhere in the brit seciton cuz it actually is a good counter for the Strangoville. But it's deficient in other areas as noted in the rep.

This post has been edited by DayGloNinja: Jul 8 2008, 05:37 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File 4lice.rec
Size: 48.91k
Number of downloads: 422
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
4lice 2
Attached File anonymoose.rec
Size: 221.07k
Number of downloads: 324
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
Anonymoose 2
Attached File itaperuna.rec
Size: 232.48k
Number of downloads: 293
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
itaperuna 2
Attached File scorpion69.rec
Size: 229.78k
Number of downloads: 349
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
SCORPION69 2
Attached File tortured.rec
Size: 144.12k
Number of downloads: 292
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
tortured 2
Attached File nystrom.rec
Size: 563.24k
Number of downloads: 418
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
nystrom 2
Attached File robo.rec
Size: 359.62k
Number of downloads: 374
Player Name Side Team
TheDGNgetsLAID 1
RoboBoboTheHobo 2
Attached File piospamdefeated.rec
Size: 382.23k
Number of downloads: 273
Player Name Side Team
RamoAttax 1
SwedishPenisEnlarger 2
Attached File stim.rec
Size: 141.49k
Number of downloads: 277
Player Name Side Team
RamoAttax 1
PepsiSlurpee 2
Attached File sckorpion.rec
Size: 162.17k
Number of downloads: 252
Player Name Side Team
RamoAttax 1
ScKorpion 2

Clan: LAID

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Spitfire92 Jun 19 2008, 01:58 AM
Day glo ninja. You are my new God. bowdown.gif

I watched half of em, very, very, very impressed. I liked the whole "Im in your doorstep eating your feet" approach. I also noticed a trend of tommy as a first build, then lt. How well does that work in general? Also, trenches. I never really built them, but after watching some of yours and others' replays, they've helped Should you always build em in the heat of battle? How well would this work in 2v2's and such. How'd u keep your bren carrier out so long ?!?!

Thanks man, these replays have really helped me.
GL in the 1v1 tournament!

+
# 3DayGloNinja Jun 19 2008, 02:04 AM
QUOTE(Spitfire92 @ Jun 18 2008, 21:58 PM) *

Day glo ninja. You are my new God. bowdown.gif

I watched half of em, very, very, very impressed. I liked the whole "Im in your doorstep eating your feet" approach. I also noticed a trend of tommy as a first build, then lt. How well does that work in general? Also, trenches. I never really built them, but after watching some of yours and others' replays, they've helped Should you always build em in the heat of battle? How well would this work in 2v2's and such. How'd u keep your bren carrier out so long ?!?!

Thanks man, these replays have really helped me.
GL in the 1v1 tournament!

Let me explain the idea behind tommy-->LT BO (build order). The reason you want to go Tommies sfirst is that you dont want to be caught with your pants down should your opponent pull an unorthodox move and try to cap the opposite side (basically the side u are moving to). If my wehr opponent for instance decides to send his first unit (volks) to my munition point u want a tommy squad there to defend not an LT. This is why you cap ur strat point with ur recon squad first before moving on to ur opponents strat point--to make ur tommies move faster since they are in connected territory.

This strat is not viable on 2v2s really and on some 1v1 maps like wrecked train and sturzdorf... the reason is that mass cutoff points are not prominent on those maps.

Good luck!

+
# 4king wins Jun 19 2008, 11:01 AM
Why did u kill your captain ?? :DDDD (vs Robobobo)
This is interesting strat, should work against lot of ppl but when the wehr player have an idea to rush your base I guess it will not work.
U go for strat point, get in the house, get tommies, go to cap muni, try to cap your fuel and there is mg waiting 4 u, then u try to build mortar but his bike deny it. Now u retreat your scout boys he see them, he send another mg to da house and decap his strat point, now u have to fight 4 your own fuel smile.gif

+
# 5king wins Jun 19 2008, 21:37 PM
I like the idea to demo charge the trench near emplacement - axis player must get it ;D

+
# 6Lynx AH-7 Jun 19 2008, 23:37 PM
Just gave this a go for the first time and it resulted in the total annihilation of the Wehrmacht on Ango, excellent strat DGN thumb.gif

The beauty of this strat is while you're denying them their resources you can still keep a decent grip on your own if they try to go for them with the 2nd Inf section + LT or a Bren if required. After that you can go with whatever you like, rush a Stuart or bunker down with Sappers for arty until you get the Armour HQ Truck.

Just one question though, on two games against nystrom you played, after the initial engagement you didn't even venture out from your HQ area. I'm sure it would have been worth it just to send out a Recon squad to cap some of the Low Fuel/Munis on the other side of Ango and even get a cap off on the left VP. The only time I saw you do this was with Commandos or the Gilder very late on!

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 7DayGloNinja Jun 20 2008, 02:13 AM
Post the replay! I'd like to see how you implemented it.

About the nystrom games... he's an amazing player and the constant pressure made me uneasy about taking one of my squads out of my immediate base area. But, having said that I probably could have done it earlier.

+
# 8BlackTigerAce Jun 20 2008, 02:45 AM
Nice strat

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 9king wins Jun 20 2008, 08:09 AM
Works thumb.gif

but I'm affraid axis will learn it and it will be easy counterable when recognized

This post has been edited by king wins: Jun 20 2008, 08:20 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File uk_vs_wehr9.rec
Size: 151.77k
Number of downloads: 146
Player Name Side Team
kingwins 1
SmurfingisBack 2

+
# 10DayGloNinja Jun 20 2008, 12:54 PM
What's the risk? You retreat ur recon squad? That's what makes it such a good tactic.

+
# 11RedSlasher Jun 20 2008, 14:07 PM
Sounds like a really effective strategy. Will definetely try this out tonight.

thumb.gif Thumbs up to you.

+
# 12king wins Jun 20 2008, 14:36 PM
QUOTE(DayGloNinja @ Jun 20 2008, 12:54 PM) *

What's the risk? You retreat ur recon squad? That's what makes it such a good tactic.

I can encounter mg when capping fuel with tommies smile.gif but true, it's quite safe strat thumb.gif

+
# 13DayGloNinja Jun 20 2008, 14:51 PM
QUOTE(king wins @ Jun 20 2008, 10:36 AM) *

I can encounter mg when capping fuel with tommies smile.gif but true, it's quite safe strat thumb.gif

If that's the case you can micro/flank ur recon squad back towards the mg from the rear. You may even kill it before itt gets away. Snipe it and close in from behind while it unpacks.

EDIT: BTW, king, that was a good implementation of the strat. A 12 minute win. Even your opponent was like "what do i do?". thumb.gif

This post has been edited by DayGloNinja: Jun 20 2008, 15:15 PM

+
# 14Ptroy Jun 21 2008, 14:59 PM
i lol'ed at the robo one.. he played awesome and made you lose

biggrin.gif

EDIT: ZOMG i watched a couple replays and i foundded out that i already do this >_<

This post has been edited by Ptroy: Jun 29 2008, 05:32 AM

+
# 15LilJohnOK Jun 23 2008, 11:12 AM
i like yo stylez nigga

+
# 16BrotherBloat Jun 23 2008, 11:26 AM
WOW! this strat rules biggrin.gif I <3 agressive Brit style.

Just had a quick ranked level 7 game against a wehr.defensive following roughly the strat: here.

much ♥ to DGN!

This post has been edited by BrotherBloat: Jun 23 2008, 21:07 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File aggressive_brit_02.rec
Size: 208.1k
Number of downloads: 94
Player Name Side Team
BrotherBloat 1
benjm74 2

+
# 17LilJohnOK Jun 23 2008, 11:48 AM
i dont understand why robo quit though? wacko.gif

+
# 18BlackWatch88 Jun 23 2008, 12:04 PM
My bo is this, you move the first recon on the high munition first instead of that SP near the house then procees to his cut off and still able to deny it.

the truck, do the 518mp LT and move--que tommi trick. That way the hq truck will be building the tommi while it packs and unpakcs. save you about 20 seconds or so, plenty of time for the second tommi to come out. Its should be quite compareable to what you do because you can save the tommi gimmping withought the LT

For those of you that don't know the que tommi trick. If you wait for about 4-5 seconds before you built the first LT, then que the move command, just before the LT finish (very tight so time it well and dont miss it) and before the move truck initiate, que a tommi. If you do this the tommi squard will start to build while the hq truck packs up,save you about 10 seond, and while the truck unpacks itself near destination it will be building the tommi too, saves you another 10 seonds or so.

+
# 19DayGloNinja Jun 23 2008, 15:37 PM
If you were playing against my wehr Blackwatch, you would'nt be able to take my strat point as I'd have it covered because of the extra time it takes to cap the 16 muni AND walk the extra distance.

I see what you mean, but the 24 (at most 48) or so munitions u get from moving ur truck 1 minute before won't win or lose you the game. However, maintaining his cutoff will ENSURE he doesnt get ANY munitions or fuel.

Also I can think of a very easy way too spoil ur plans. I send one pio squad to ur munitions to decap it. Your LT wont be able to chase me off, ur truck wont get unpacked and no second tommy squad. At best, u'd have to unpack in ur base sector (worse as far as resource collection since you lost the time it took your truck to drive out and back) OR retreat ur recon squad and therefore you lost the strat point which is the whole point of this strat in the first place. The pio squad wont have to be too predictive either since I send a pio to each fuel on ango right from the get go.

Trust me m8, I've been trying to perfect this for a while. If you go LT 2nd you will encounter problems. (trust me I lost at least twice with an LT 2nd BO).

This post has been edited by DayGloNinja: Jun 23 2008, 15:46 PM

+
# 20DayGloNinja Jun 23 2008, 15:49 PM
QUOTE(infiNex @ Jun 23 2008, 07:48 AM) *

i dont understand why robo quit though? wacko.gif

It was a basic match. He was helping me perfect 'a strat I was working on.' He didnt know what to expect hence why I was able to cripple his early game. He out micro'd me in the late game tho.

I said GG over vent and he just quit before I did.

This post has been edited by DayGloNinja: Jun 23 2008, 15:49 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)