Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

# 769 [2.301] LAIDbyaHOBO [Defensive] vs ZeroCr...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Aonsh1x Jun 29 2008, 08:01 AM
Hello again, this is Aon with another shoutcast. It's a fun game, with some devastating moments and constant pressure. Not alot (or any) strat talk, more just a call by call of the goings on and a way to grant the replay a bit more publicity.

Things to watch for:
Devastating post game rocket artillery
A new Maginot line
Double Howie
22 kill mortar.
Me calling rocket arty V1 strike multiple times sad.gif

Length of the SC 57min Tune: 'Those Who Fight Further' - The Black Mages
Link for Wubs : http://www.gamereplays.org/CompanyofHeroes...ls&id=37611

Enjoy.

Attached File(s)
Attached File ggvshobo.rec
Size: 680.48k
Number of downloads: 130
Player Name Side Team
ZeroCrack 1
LAIDbyaHOBO 2
Attached File vshobo.mp3
Size: 13.5mb
Number of downloads: 208

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Gugunja Jun 29 2008, 17:47 PM
This game was ok but I caught hobo screwing around pushing one of his grens across the map with one of his P4s though at about the 38m mark so I think it's fair to say the outcome was decided by that point biggrin.gif

I thought the openings these guys used were kinda strange but then my Angoville openings are probably the weakest part of my game cry.gif

Good SC all round: good audio quality and energy. As promised it was light on strat talk but that's ok. If nothing else, without your assistance I wouldn't have spotted a lot of Zerocrack's mines so I felt it was worth the listen wink.gif Thanks for your time and effort

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 3ZeroCrack Jun 29 2008, 18:30 PM
gonna have a listen biggrin.gif.

Clan: ArX

+
# 4drcloud Jun 29 2008, 18:36 PM
I agree with Gugunja, the game did feel like it dragged on a bit longer than it needed to, although it was never unbearably dull. Also, the rocket arty barrage at the end made it all seem worthwhile smile.gif

I thought it was a good shoutcast anyway. The way you described it as "just a call by call of the goings on" made me a little apprehensive, but it was more interesting than you made it out to be. Also, I hadn't noticed the topic on the 6 bike opening you mentioned, and it sounds pretty amusing so I'm now compelled to go check that out. Shoutcasts are so educational biggrin.gif

+
# 5friokir Jun 30 2008, 23:33 PM
well done. that intro music was crazy (crazily good)!

+
# 6BrotherBloat Jul 1 2008, 20:13 PM
rawr! DLing biggrin.gif

gotta love being off work with a throat bug and rampaging through SCs biggrin.gif

edit: good SC - very enjoyable game indeed. was hoping for a comeback until very late in the replay, for some reason biggrin.gif

just one note: this is a 280mm rocket arty barrage, not V1 - if V1 was falling in such numbers, we'd be fuxord! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by BrotherBloat: Jul 1 2008, 21:17 PM

+
# 7Aonsh1x Jul 1 2008, 23:01 PM
I realised just after I posted the SC. Was a facepalm moment, I'll tell you that.

This happens because not enough people use V1s! Go right side first, my whermacht opponents! Show me the V1!

+
# 8BrotherBloat Jul 1 2008, 23:59 PM
QUOTE(Aonsh1x @ Jul 2 2008, 00:01 AM) *
I realised just after I posted the SC. Was a facepalm moment, I'll tell you that.

This happens because not enough people use V1s! Go right side first, my whermacht opponents! Show me the V1!

haha, yeah! V1 can mess one up quite badly biggrin.gif I love the way US buildings are likely to instantly be reduced to rubble biggrin.gif

on a side note: I really don't understand why people say Ostwind Flakpanzer is so shit. Yeah it's a bit pricey, but zomg the infantry pwnage is crazy

This post has been edited by BrotherBloat: Jul 2 2008, 00:01 AM

+
# 9Aonsh1x Jul 2 2008, 00:54 AM
The flak panzer is v.good against infantry however it is a glass cannon. I find that any infantry antitank squad will take it out quick smart, requiring you to be choosy in a way that you don't really want to be. Also, by the time you've got to T4 chances are the opponent has something that can take out your flakpanzer very quickly.

+
# 10PandaSchreck Jul 2 2008, 12:20 PM
Not a bad shout cast. You have a clear, measured voice, sound quality was good, plenty of synchs.
The inverted left and right really bugged me though.

The micro was phenomenal both by Zero and Hobo. Often the offensive would by synchronized from three fronts spanning half the map, and the skill of Zero to set this up was astounding. Just as astounding was Hobo's ability to fend it off. Nice use of doctrinal abilities on both sides.

You missed the irony when Zero complained about the bike micro at the start. He wasn't whining, or at least not at first.
He was trying to use his jeep to push the Volks out of cover, and the bike was used to block his jeep. The irony is that the jeep push is considered by some to be an exploit, and people would conceivably say "OMG HAX", etc. So to counter it with a bike block is fitting and Zero was just pointing this out with irony.

Anyway nice work you champion.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)