Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

smpl's agro britons

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1smpl Jul 12 2008, 17:30 PM
Because patches are on it's way and my reps probably won't be worth anything. I will post my remainings of my strategy guide in the making.

I was making a strategy guide about how to play british the agressive way. I was doing this with 3OO, and because he is gone i never got to finish it.

I can not really back up the build order which i made, especially late game. Because i rarely got to the late game point. Have fun with it as much as i have, i will perhaps finish it when i play british again. This strategy brought me to #4 and i am currently #14.

Agressive British
for 1v1

Some call them the easiest playable side. With emplacements, trenches and infantry blobs that need few to no micro. This strategy guide is going to explain you the aggressive way of playing British, their magnificent bren carrier and their infantry squads are about to make some serious mess in Phase One!

Basics

Before you start a game you need to know a couple of things.
- Map
- Wehrmacht or Panzer Elite
- Build and Cap order

- Map
Each map has different cap orders and different aggressive possibilities. Some maps lack possibilities for an aggressive start.

- Wehrmacht or Panzer Elite
Wehrmacht will have pioneers, mgs, volks and a bike. I prefer splitting forces, so i can't get instantly pinned and always have an opportunity to flank the mg. A volk start should be stopped by sticking in cover and focusing all fire on them, including your LT! A bike start is about getting your LT out of it's way. Be adaptive and get out of it's way. In the case it does meet the bike, it is actually possible to circle a bike, be sure to circle it in the direction where the driver is. If he manually turns his bike, be sure to adapt to that. It takes 2 or 3 volleys for the LT to kill the bike. If he wants to safe his bike, be sure to chase it for a moment so it wont turn and still shoot your LT.
Panzer Elite will be sending you PGs and a ketten. Make sure the ketten doesn't cap too much and harass it, it will really pay off if you can kill the ketten, because they will have to retrain or cap with PGs. Infantry HTs can come early too, these can be countered by you getting in cover and the bren carrier with a vickers upgrade. Watch the replays to see how i countered them. AP bullets need to be used when it's necessairy and not when he is already retreating his HT. Also focus firing on single PG squads, he will reinforce from the HT so you need to try to flank the HT with your bren carrier and/or with a IS. Focus fire on the HT mostly, but when he is moving close to you with PGs, insta focus fire on them to surprise the PE player and make him retreat or even lose a squad.

- Build and Cap order
I have finished 2 cap orders. You are free to use them if you like but i adapt in every game using a couple of COs.
Angoville north
Langres south
Build order
*More cap orders will be added later.

Phase one - early game

So the fighting starts. You choose your own cap and build order and probably have 2 infantry sections a LT and a bren carrier to your disposal. Later a 3rd infantry section will be trained and supporting your army.
Moving the truck is an important thing that has to be timed correctly. The first infantry section directly trained in most maps will be slowed down when the HQ packs, if your infantry section is still in your territory, wait for them to move out and then pack up. Their speed will not be boosted, but neither will it be slowed down.
Attacking their early pioneers will force them to retreat and lose their first capping power. There is seriously, nothing they can do. Kettens can run, but they can't cap when they run. Early PG squads can be shot at from cover with your 2 infantry sections. Your sections will be unbeatable if you stick them together. Stick the slowest squad in cover and move forward slowly when not in combat. Focus fire on the G43 squad every time. Keep in mind that when they retreat you switch focus fire on the other unit or else your squad will start walking losing cover and accuracy. Pressing H for hold will also help as a quick solution.
Capping will be done with every unit available. The first trained IS can cap close sectors which allows them to reach it fast without being slowed done walking long distances. The scout can harass far away sectors to cut of enemy resources. The LT should cap too but babysitted at all times, it can not be lost nor heavily damaged.
Teching is best done following my BOs in the picture. Stuarts are great, but a good player will be able to get some AT out and losing that stuart to 2/3 shrek shots or to 2 panzerfausts is not what you want to see. Therefor i often prefer a double sapper start which place mines, build a 25 pounder or a bofors and get piats or overrepair. After that it depends on the situation and i will defend my territory with my infantry. Commandos are by far the best anti infantry at this point. The smart techer who goes for marder rush will run into your piats and piats own marders. Don't forget to place those mines though! If you do not have sufficient anti infantry counters you can get a cromwell, but often hetzers hit the field and going for 1 Firefly and later 2 will be sufficient to take out any armor and later heavy tanks that hit the field with no cost!

Replays

Replays are both wins and losses. Because we all lose!
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=388805

This post has been edited by smpl: Jul 12 2008, 17:31 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Otherside Jul 12 2008, 18:33 PM
Very intresting smpl you play brits pretty much the way i play them which i consider the right way.

i also love your tier 1 unit build as its exaclty the same as mine, the mortar pit is to situational however i think a well timed medic station is important.

the only thing i have problems with in strategy now is what doctrine to use as i find them all useless.

anyway ive come to the conclusion there is no such thing agro brit play .

either u play brit well = agro play

or u play them like a noob = camping play the way brit were designed

you cant win a game against a high level axis player by camping and thats a fact.

your guide should become gospel for brit players.

+
# 3smpl Jul 12 2008, 18:50 PM
thanks for the comment. The medic station can usually be build last (after you teched to FST) But often i see myself getting it earlier on the frontline. Which offers me heal close to the front line and some medics running around. Very annoying for any axis player!

Watch the replays and you'll see me using them at different moments.

This post has been edited by smpl: Jul 12 2008, 18:51 PM

+
# 4FyreNL Jul 12 2008, 20:29 PM
Nice guide Smpl (or should i call you Kees? wink.gif). Im gonna use it some time. smile.gif

I usually do the same thing early game when playing british. However, i still keep losing late game versus wehr players. (Stuka's against any emplacement i try to build/baserape and tanks versus my infantry and tanks (personally, i think fireflies suck.)) Got any suggestions for me?

+
# 5warhammer666 Jul 13 2008, 12:46 PM
I played british in ranked once but I had the feeling that they are so slow and campy and thus I never tried it again. But if there's a way to play them more aggressively, I'll give it another try.

+
# 6king wins Jul 13 2008, 14:11 PM
Thanx for replaypack, allways nice to watch some games vs high ranked axis.

+
# 7ellman Jul 20 2008, 03:17 AM
Thanxx for the guide smpl smile.gif
I´ve tried it with some succes, even managed to win over a rank 10 PE player ohmy.gif . Anyway i got a question. When playing PE and they use T2 very much, what do u have to think about specificly? And what is good to know and do in case u face such an opponent? The reason why i ask is that i´m having some trouble with just that.

+
# 8smpl Jul 20 2008, 07:01 AM
With tier2 you mean the HT rush combined with Shreks later?
Even a bren carrier will still be doing oke against that, if you stay at distance and move in from long range to pinn his infantry.
For the HT rushes which occur quite often, it's good to not have your HQ too far towards the front, which i showed in my BOs, You could also place the HQ on the SP (strategic point) right next to the wall in your base, that way you got a mg pit covering the HQ and you are pretty well defended from those rushes (and your LT is too).

PGs always keep reinforcing from a HT, stick your IS in cover and your LT at distance, watch which unit he focuses fire on and move in with the other squad and at the same time use AP rounds with the bren carrier and focus fire on the HT with all your units. It's often good to keep that stalemate going for a little while so his pg get lightly damaged. When he starts repairing or firing with his pgs on all your units it's sometimes good to suddenly change focus fire to 1 pg, which will lose health so fast that he will have to retreat it. Retreating will always be a good thing. Chase the HT with your BC to try and destroy it.

+
# 9ellman Jul 20 2008, 21:09 PM
QUOTE(smpl @ Jul 20 2008, 09:01 AM) *

With tier2 you mean the HT rush combined with Shreks later?
Even a bren carrier will still be doing oke against that, if you stay at distance and move in from long range to pinn his infantry.
For the HT rushes which occur quite often, it's good to not have your HQ too far towards the front, which i showed in my BOs, You could also place the HQ on the SP (strategic point) right next to the wall in your base, that way you got a mg pit covering the HQ and you are pretty well defended from those rushes (and your LT is too).

PGs always keep reinforcing from a HT, stick your IS in cover and your LT at distance, watch which unit he focuses fire on and move in with the other squad and at the same time use AP rounds with the bren carrier and focus fire on the HT with all your units. It's often good to keep that stalemate going for a little while so his pg get lightly damaged. When he starts repairing or firing with his pgs on all your units it's sometimes good to suddenly change focus fire to 1 pg, which will lose health so fast that he will have to retreat it. Retreating will always be a good thing. Chase the HT with your BC to try and destroy it.

Thanx smile.gif
I´ll try to think about it the next time i play against such an opponent. I guess it should go well after some games and some practice. It was that i meant exactly. thumb.gif

+
# 10skaffa Jul 20 2008, 23:35 PM
thx smpl

+
# 11smpl Jul 21 2008, 08:35 AM
QUOTE(ellman @ Jul 20 2008, 23:09 PM) *

Thanx smile.gif
I´ll try to think about it the next time i play against such an opponent. I guess it should go well after some games and some practice. It was that i meant exactly. thumb.gif

to add to that. Basics also count for british. Flank, be surprising etc. Make sure you get your opponent to do things he never did. Riflenades always surprise someone but are unreliable for attacks like the bren upgrade is.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)